First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Obama Dog (possibly worried about being eaten) Bites Teen Girl in Face
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17
I'm of the opinion that she should learn to not get the face of strange dogs, and leave it at that. Hell, it isn't even a good idea to do that kind of thing to humans.
mxdan 
11973 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

octorockandroll wrote:

That's hot.


Seconded.
2180 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / F
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17
Dog + bone = will bite you, you flavor sucking rib bone ruiner, so stay away from my bone

or

Dog + ball + removed too early from litter = I no let go of ball, so I accidentally bite you while trying to play Tug-o-war with you drawing blood.

Those are my experiences with dogs, but sometimes it's not out of anti-social behavior, but doggy politics. And, yes, I have been bitten in the face (bloody) by a dog before, so this is scary. And, they can definitely be put down for it despite my preference for discipline training and reformation first. This is a prez dog so it may have to be put down.
635 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Earth 616
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17
There are people out there who genuinely want to put this dog down.
What sort of logic is this?
The girl set herself up for it by lunging at the dog - who barely knows her - and tries to kiss it.
Any dog owner and logical person would know not to approach a stranger's dog.
The dog was terrified and acted upon a fight or flight instinct.

Wouldn't you do the same if a random person came up to you and decided to kiss you?
2147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Online
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

SoupReaper wrote:

There are people out there who genuinely want to put this dog down.
What sort of logic is this?
The girl set herself up for it by lunging at the dog - who barely knows her - and tries to kiss it.
Any dog owner and logical person would know not to approach a stranger's dog.
The dog was terrified and acted upon a fight or flight instinct.

Wouldn't you do the same if a random person came up to you and decided to kiss you?


It's not about wanting the dog put down. It's about the fact that the dog bit someone in such a way that could easily be deadly. A lot of animal control departments have a zero tolarance policy for bites to the face, head, neck, and other such areas. My middle kid just last month got bit on the back of the leg as he was walking home from a friends house. The owner was trying to put the dog on a tie he saw my kid walkig down the street, and bolted for him. When animal control came they took the dog for a 10 day watch if he stayed volient he would be put down. An inch to the right and half an inch deeper and the dog would of Cut an artery in my kids leg Lucky he did not.
635 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Earth 616
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

neotag wrote:


SoupReaper wrote:

There are people out there who genuinely want to put this dog down.
What sort of logic is this?
The girl set herself up for it by lunging at the dog - who barely knows her - and tries to kiss it.
Any dog owner and logical person would know not to approach a stranger's dog.
The dog was terrified and acted upon a fight or flight instinct.

Wouldn't you do the same if a random person came up to you and decided to kiss you?


It's not about wanting the dog put down. It's about the fact that the dog bit someone in such a way that could easily be deadly. A lot of animal control departments have a zero tolarance policy for bites to the face, head, neck, and other such areas. My middle kid just last month got bit on the back of the leg as he was walking home from a friends house. The owner was trying to put the dog on a tie he saw my kid walkig down the street, and bolted for him. When animal control came they took the dog for a 10 day watch if he stayed volient he would be put down. An inch to the right and half an inch deeper and the dog would of Cut an artery in my kids leg Lucky he did not.


I understand the reasoning behind putting down a dog for potential danger, however if you look at the pictures, that "bite" was more like a papercut. The dog may have gotten too close to her face (or rather she was too close to the dog's face) which could have been life threatening but this is a dog we're talking about. Not a bear; it's not even one of those big dogs, it probably is no larger than 40 pounds that was trying to defend itself.
Sometimes humans find the dumbest reasons to put down an animal because they know they have the authority over the animal. Just because animals cannot speak for themselves in these situations or don't possess the same intelligence as humans. All of a sudden, this one-sided inferiority complex becomes a bloodbath for "lesser" species ...
And I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your child but I hope you're not one of those people who thinks killing off the dog will solve the situation. Having animal control monitor the dog is fine but resorting to euthanasia isn't a solution.
Dogs have been cultivated and bred through thousands of years to be loyal companions for mankind. If someone's dog is acting up, it's usually the owners' fault for not training it. What needs to be done is they should have the dog see an obedience trainer, rehabilitation program, or something. Euthanizing the dog should be the last resort.
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

octorockandroll wrote:

That's hot.


Third
624 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

thebritishgeek wrote:

Its going to get put down.

Unfortunately, people don't understand dog psychology. they don't attack unless they are raised wrong or provoked.

We tend to humanise animals and assume they think like us, they don't.

I love my fat labrador, i can play fight with her, even put my hand in her mouth and grab her tongue. but i know shes an animal and doesn't think like me.

EDIT: that's barely even a bite, that's a scratch. I've had worse from my bloody doggo whilst play fighting! I thought you meant it was a proper bite


completely agree
38127 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17
Wonder why they mirrored one of the photos? Notice that the cut (and mole on her chin) are on opposite sides in the two photos.

As for the cut.. doesn't look too bad. A plastic surgeon should easily be able to stitch that without any scarring. Knew a girl who got clipped in the face by a snowboard as a teenager, was much worse than that little thing and she hasn't got a scar to show for it.
25675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Northern Ireland
Online
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

Ryulightorb wrote:some dogs even raised correctly can be violent at times.

My sisters dog was raised and treated well but it has hurt me and another dog by biting it not because it's not well trained but the dog doesn't know its own strength and is super playful.

Not saying this dog was raised or treated well but it's possible this was just an accident and people are blowing it out of proportion.

As someone who had his eyelid ripped apart by a dog accidently i would never want it to be put down for how it acted,.


Watch parent dogs play with their pups or two adult dogs play with each other. What do they do? They use their mouths cause them buggers ain't got hands. The number of people who own a dog and are completely unaware of play biting (which is completely normal behaviour, especially in pups) is actually shocking.


Not that that point is at all related to this story cause none of us know what actually happened.
42969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

MacMeaties wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:some dogs even raised correctly can be violent at times.

My sisters dog was raised and treated well but it has hurt me and another dog by biting it not because it's not well trained but the dog doesn't know its own strength and is super playful.

Not saying this dog was raised or treated well but it's possible this was just an accident and people are blowing it out of proportion.

As someone who had his eyelid ripped apart by a dog accidently i would never want it to be put down for how it acted,.


Watch parent dogs play with their pups or two adult dogs play with each other. What do they do? They use their mouths cause them buggers ain't got hands. The number of people who own a dog and are completely unaware of play biting (which is completely normal behaviour, especially in pups) is actually shocking.


Not that that point is at all related to this story cause none of us know what actually happened.


We don't know what happened, but I'd put money on the dog going to lick her face and catching her with a tooth. I've gotten more than a few nicks and cuts just from my dog swinging her head around while playing.
Guest Pass Litter Moderator
120694 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 11/8/17 , edited 11/9/17
Closed because OP nuked
18706 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/15/17
I've had worse scratches from my cats, and it always stemmed from an accident that I myself caused. The bigger question is why a stranger would put her face up so close to a small dog in the first place.

And seriously, the title of this thread is pretty childish.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.