WEEKEND TICKETS GOING FAST!

PRICES GO UP AT THE GATE

PURCHASE TICKET
Post Reply Strike the blood season 2
17049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / F / St.Catharines
Offline
Posted 1/12/17
Hi
Why aren't you streaming season 2 of strike the blood?
You guys have season one, I find it strange that now that season two is out that you don't have it?
26467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Online
Posted 1/12/17
It isn't actually a "season 2" but a bunch of OVA's (8 total) which are straight to home video.
Standalone OVA's aren't generally found on CR but apparently CR has home video rights to the OVA's though.
So maybe they will add them in a entire bunch when they are released?
104709 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 1/13/17

penguincat wrote:

It isn't actually a "season 2" but a bunch of OVA's (8 total) which are straight to home video.
Standalone OVA's aren't generally found on CR but apparently CR has home video rights to the OVA's though.
So maybe they will add them in a entire bunch when they are released?

CR had home video rights to the original series (which they sub-licensed to Discotek), but I haven't seen anything indicating they had acquired any rights to the OVAs.

26467 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Online
Posted 1/13/17

TheAncientOne wrote:

CR had home video rights to the original series (which they sub-licensed to Discotek), but I haven't seen anything indicating they had acquired any rights to the OVAs.



I have seen a reference saying CR has the OVA's. The site is generally really reliable but even then they normally have a note provided by the site themselves indicating it before they allow anyone to put it as confirmed etc. Maybe someone pressed the wrong button or they just assumed it and no one has corrected it.
That's why i put apparently and not 100% confirmed etc.
104709 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
56 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 1/13/17

penguincat wrote:

I have seen a reference saying CR has the OVA's. The site is generally really reliable but even then they normally have a note provided by the site themselves indicating it before they allow anyone to put it as confirmed etc. Maybe someone pressed the wrong button or they just assumed it and no one has corrected it.
That's why i put apparently and not 100% confirmed etc.

If they do have the rights, I would expect them to eventually appear on the site. AFAIK, the only title I am aware of that CR has only home video rights to is Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress.

You must be logged in to post.