First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Russia moves to decriminalize domestic violence.
8803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17
22434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17
That's simply awful, Russia is on a fine course back to the 1950s...
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17
That's hot.
8803 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

ClothStatue wrote:

That's simply awful, Russia is on a fine course back to the 1950s...


They've already skipped over the 50s. It's all about the 1920s, baby!

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/13/opinion/sunday/stalinist-nostalgia-in-vladimir-putins-russia.html
19306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/14/17
Their new law doesn't specify that battery is ok. It is designed to help define what parents can do to their children. In other words, it's a law saying that you can spank your child should they get out of line. No where does this law say that you can knock the crap out of them until they need serious medical care. I support parents who give a firm spanking with their hand to their child who acts up. Those children that I've met who were never spanked usually turn out to be little hoodlums.

I agree with them wanting to handle this administratively instead of locking up someone for years. Who takes care of the kid during those two years? The Russian government? An elderly relative? All could be even more damaging. Each is its own individual case. But if the beatings send the child to the hospital, or there are scars from abuse, then yes, the child needs to be separated from the absuive individual.
22434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

geauxtigers1989 wrote:


ClothStatue wrote:

That's simply awful, Russia is on a fine course back to the 1950s...


They've already skipped over the 50s. It's all about the 1920s, baby!

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/13/opinion/sunday/stalinist-nostalgia-in-vladimir-putins-russia.html


That's true, the 1920s were only kind of a good time in the US. Putin is former KGB, unsurprising for him to be a fascist dictator wannabe. I hope that man who voted against lives, but I highly doubt it, it's too easy to get rid of him...
25640 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Atlanta, GA, USA
Online
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

ClothStatue wrote:
Putin is former KGB, unsurprising for him to be a fascist dictator wannabe. I hope that man who voted against lives, but I highly doubt it, it's too easy to get rid of him...


"In July last year, Vladimir Putin oversaw an amendment to the law which declared family violence a criminal offence for the first time in Russia. Ms Mizulina and her supporters have been protesting the ruling ever since."

Not sure if it makes sense to attack Putin in this instance. Seems like he is on your side?
mxdan 
10822 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17
Welcome to Russia: Where it is a criminal offense to be gay (IE yourself) but you can beat your family because you are a failure of a person.

Sounds like rainbow and sunshine kind a place.
22434 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / F
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

Kavalion wrote:


ClothStatue wrote:
Putin is former KGB, unsurprising for him to be a fascist dictator wannabe. I hope that man who voted against lives, but I highly doubt it, it's too easy to get rid of him...


"In July last year, Vladimir Putin oversaw an amendment to the law which declared family violence a criminal offence for the first time in Russia. Ms Mizulina and her supporters have been protesting the ruling ever since."

Not sure if it makes sense to attack Putin in this instance. Seems like he is on your side?


A fair point. I'll have to see his response to passage action before making a clear judgement. However, for someone who likes imprisoning journalists who speak against him, I find any claim pointing to him caring about civilian rights a bit trite.
39728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Georgia, USA
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/14/17
Sounds like they are just decriminalizing spanking your kids.
Maybe if we in the west spanked more often we'd have less nu-male cucks.
17335 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / M
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17
hmm... only two people here who seems to have bothered to look up what the law was actually about rather than jumping on the media's blind follower bandwagon.

domestic violence is a bad thing but so is jumping to the extreme end of things for a headline as well as taking an absurd headline at face value. when i was a kid if i needed to be spanked i got spanked. that's called discipline not domestic abuse.
though... not disciplining your kids should be called non domestic abuse by proxy and should be illegal.

this is exactly the kind of thing that has republicans and democrats in the US always hating on each other. just blindly follow what your favored media outlet tells you about the other side. surely our media outlet isn't just as skewed as the other side's!

sheeple.
mxdan 
10822 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17
22232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17
Quite a bit of things are harmful, but to make it illegal would just be Moral Ninnynannying by the Government. I do not think Spanking should be illegal.
Humms 
11791 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17
None of you even care. So I have no idea why this is even a thread.

I don't even care.
14720 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17
While I can see the idea behind such a proposal (spanking shouldn't be criminal), from what I can tell, it sounds like the actual proposal doesn't impose a clear definition of where the line is, and that is why it is troublesome. If someone has another source which details the proposal which shows a clear line, please post it. Until then, this seems like a terrible idea.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.