First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Last night, Republicans in Congress...
29920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/14/17
Last night Republicans sentenced hundred if not thousands to death repealing the ACA just like that night in Benghazi... Republicans are pure evil and also pussies. They know that if ever legal adult citizen in the US voted that they would NEVER win.
15218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

ninjitsuko wrote:

Just so you know, Republicans only rejected Democratic amendments to the repeal process. They want to completely devour the ACA and go through a reconciliation process to cherry-pick which things they want to keep and which things they want to get rid of. Democrats trying to do anything right now isn't going to work. That's the bottom line. Democrats have lost majority power, they're going to be on the backseat of all decisions at least until the next midterm election.


And thats why the system we have right now doesn't work.
19306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17
Hopefully my medical insurance costs will go down with less people in the system. And I won't have to wait two months to get an appointment anymore. ACA is garbage.
runec 
36265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17
I think my favourite part is they backed themselves into this corner having never expected to actually succeed at repealing ACA. Now despite having been whining about it for years they have no plan for what to do after repealing it. So they were looking at delaying the repeal till 2020 so they can pretend they repealed it but not have to deal with the consequences.

Then Trump swooped in and said to repeal it immediately. Undermining all their dickish political maneuvering.

Simply repealing ACA will cost a fortune and yet despite years of going at ACA they don't have an alternative idea. They gave up on the idea of actually being public servants and, you know, governing, 8 years ago and now they don't really know what to do when they have the reins back.

They, and Trump, are drunk with power but don't know what to do with it now that they finally have it.
runec 
36265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

Akage-chan wrote:
Hopefully my medical insurance costs will go down with less people in the system. And I won't have to wait two months to get an appointment anymore. ACA is garbage.


You'll either have to wait 4 years to find out at which point it'll be a miracle if a Republican gets into the White House again. Or, in the case of an immediate repeal, the whole insurance market will be thrown into upheaval and you'll just have to pray enough of the pieces fall on your side of the table. -.-
11766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17
Why the hell was the title to this thread changed?

So Kenneth "Killer Meme" Kenstar is allowed to call people literal comic book villains but calling them frauds is stepping over the line?

Wut?
14725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Houma
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

Akage-chan wrote:

Hopefully my medical insurance costs will go down with less people in the system. And I won't have to wait two months to get an appointment anymore. ACA is garbage.


I was a critic of the ACA the entire time. I predicted how the market would react and was right... that being said I don't see much point in repealing it now. The damage is done, these companies were given a standard that allowed them to shit all over us. I don't see them reverting their price to coverage ratios out of the kindness of their hearts or anything.

For starters getting rid of that stupid penalty should be the first course of action. Next, we need to work on a better solution... something more extreme than ACA. It sounds counterproductive, but we need to give the industry a little motivation to get their shit together and stop the price war with providers.
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

octorockandroll wrote:

Well at least the political shitposting in GD is somewhat bipartisan now.

And those aren't even comic book villains -_-


Actually, Powerpuff Girls have had a few comics, way back in the early 2000's... I had one. Come hither, oh tears of my childhood.
19306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

runec wrote:


You'll either have to wait 4 years to find out at which point it'll be a miracle if a Republican gets into the White House again. Or, in the case of an immediate repeal, the whole insurance market will be thrown into upheaval and you'll just have to pray enough of the pieces fall on your side of the table. -.-


I like how you're already under the impression that Trump won't be re-elected despite him not even being in office yet. Most people who vote make their decision during the final two weeks of the campaign. They won't recall what happened four years ago.

i honestly don't care as long as I don't have to wait two months for an exam. That's preposterous.

11766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

aeb0717 wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

Well at least the political shitposting in GD is somewhat bipartisan now.

And those aren't even comic book villains -_-


Actually, Powerpuff Girls have had a few comics, way back in the early 2000's... I had one. Come hither, oh tears of my childhood.


They did, but Mojo and HIM were conceived in cartoon form and are mostly remembered for their appearances therein.
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

octorockandroll wrote:

Why the hell was the title to this thread changed?

So Kenneth "Killer Meme" Kenstar is allowed to call people literal comic book villains but calling them frauds is stepping over the line?

Wut?


Republicans ran on throwing Obamacare in the dumpster where it belongs. I realize that after 8 years of Obama, people actually living up to their campaign promises is a rare sight, but It's not fraud.
11766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

Xxanthar wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

Why the hell was the title to this thread changed?

So Kenneth "Killer Meme" Kenstar is allowed to call people literal comic book villains but calling them frauds is stepping over the line?

Wut?


Republicans ran on throwing Obamacare in the dumpster where it belongs. I realize that after 8 years of Obama, people actually living up to their campaign promises is a rare sight, but It's not fraud.


Yeah, okay.

Still doesn't explain why "Literal Comic Book Villains"(tm) is not at all as bad as "fraud", but alright.
runec 
36265 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

Akage-chan wrote:I like how you're already under the impression that Trump won't be re-elected despite him not even being in office yet. Most people who vote make their decision during the final two weeks of the campaign. They won't recall what happened four years ago.

i honestly don't care as long as I don't have to wait two months for an exam. That's preposterous.


He's not even in office yet and has the lowest approval rating of a president elect since they started polling. And falling. Combined with the tangled web of conflicts of interest he refuses to divest himself of, a transition team full of ethical nightmares and the level of economic disaster his ideas could invite; Yeah I'd say its a pretty safe assumption. Heck, its a decent assumption to assume that it will be president Pence that won't get re-elected. -.-

Even the bookies in Vegas have the odds on him being impeached within a year.



Akage-chan wrote:
i honestly don't care as long as I don't have to wait two months for an exam. That's preposterous.


So you don't care if the price of everything goes up 40% long as you get that exam? The delay on which, frankly, is far more likely to be a problem at a state or local level instead of a federal one. If not just your insurance company being dicks.

Health insurance companies are kind of dicks by default. Though some like to go the extra mile.
29920 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Ohio, USA
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

Akage-chan wrote:


runec wrote:


You'll either have to wait 4 years to find out at which point it'll be a miracle if a Republican gets into the White House again. Or, in the case of an immediate repeal, the whole insurance market will be thrown into upheaval and you'll just have to pray enough of the pieces fall on your side of the table. -.-


I like how you're already under the impression that Trump won't be re-elected despite him not even being in office yet. Most people who vote make their decision during the final two weeks of the campaign. They won't recall what happened four years ago.

i honestly don't care as long as I don't have to wait two months for an exam. That's preposterous.



Trump won't get a second term. Hell I highly doubt he'll last a full term. He'll end up impeached or assassinated.
25748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Atlanta, GA, USA
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/13/17

jeffcoatstephen wrote:
Trump won't get a second term. Hell I highly doubt he'll last a full term. He'll end up impeached or assassinated.


Psht, next prez is Ivanka 2024.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.