First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
Post Reply Last night, Republicans in Congress...
Posted 1/14/17 , edited 1/14/17

zinjashike wrote:



Says one of those that accuse my parents of not putting in their fair share and would wish death upon them - after all, my mother had cancer which without the ACA she would have died from.

Oh, but that's not convenient for your argument, is it?


Show the quotes of people saying that your parents didn't work enough or that they should die. You are delusional and reading things into peoples posts that are not there. I think that you need medical treatment more than anyone. You better hurry before Obamacare is gone.

70005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 1/14/17 , edited 1/14/17

Xxanthar wrote:


zinjashike wrote:



Says one of those that accuse my parents of not putting in their fair share and would wish death upon them - after all, my mother had cancer which without the ACA she would have died from.

Oh, but that's not convenient for your argument, is it?


Show the quotes of people saying that your parents didn't work enough or that they should die. You are delusional and reading things into peoples posts that are not there. I think that you need medical treatment more than anyone. You better hurry before Obamacare is gone.



I can quote it just fine:


Akage-chan wrote:

Such a boo-hoo sob story. If your job doesn't offer you insurance, go somewhere that does. This isn't 2008, when jobs were about as scarce as a redhead in Compton. If I worked for a company that didn't provide health insurance, I would make certain that I was spending my spare time looking for a job that did provide it.

Not my responsibility to pay for every bad choice that people make in life.


In the "bernie freaking out" thread.

So, let me reiterate - fuck those people. People retire, and the ACA is a major reason they can still afford any insurance. There's no "bad choices" there and it's a myopic view.


I find it hysterical that narcissistic sociopaths that would leave others to die that clearly have done right because "muh taxes" wish to criticize others who are applying equal standards to them. It's destroying a system that is saving lives - there's no two ways around it.
Posted 1/14/17

zinjashike wrote:



I can quote it just fine:


Akage-chan wrote:

Such a boo-hoo sob story. If your job doesn't offer you insurance, go somewhere that does. This isn't 2008, when jobs were about as scarce as a redhead in Compton. If I worked for a company that didn't provide health insurance, I would make certain that I was spending my spare time looking for a job that did provide it.

Not my responsibility to pay for every bad choice that people make in life.


In the "bernie freaking out" thread.

So, let me reiterate - fuck those people. People retire, and the ACA is a major reason they can still afford any insurance. There's no "bad choices" there and it's a myopic view.


I don't see your parents mentioned anywhere in that quote.

We have Medicare for the old folks, my parents have it. Why don't yours? Obamacare is a beautiful thing for those who get subsidies that pay the outrageous premiums. Those with subsidies get the low deductible as well. Meanwhile. those who have to pay for Obama care get stuck with the outrageous premiums and the high deductibles. This shit ain't free you know... someone pays for it. I'm sure you parents are nice and all, but I don't want to pay thousands a month for a strangers healthcare.
70005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 1/14/17 , edited 1/14/17

Xxanthar wrote:

I don't see your parents mentioned anywhere in that quote.


Logically consistent, you don't work you don't deserve insurance. It ignores a good chunk of the population, hence why I used "myopic".


We have Medicare for the old folks, my parents have it.


And the coverage is typically garbage and mismanaged by the states. Equally coverage doesn't start until 65, my parents are both between 60 and 65.


This shit ain't free you know... someone pays for it.


You're not being logically consistent. Medicare isn't free either, but you seem to be okay with strangers paying for that for your parents?


I'm sure you parents are nice and all, but I don't want to pay thousands a month for a strangers healthcare.


If you're paying thousands a month then you need to take a close look at your state. They either haven't accepted tax credits and federal funding, your insurance is being mismanaged, or you're buying the highest plan from the marketplace while making an absurdly high wage/salary.

I pay $63 a month for my health insurance - it might have gone up a couple dollars post ACA? That's through my employer, but apparently according to others I should be bankrupt because of the ACA.

Ultimately though, this gets back to the attitude I'm getting at:

It's effectively "So what? Go fucking die" - but you whine and moan when people smack you with the same sentiment. Apparently, wishing the same circumstances that you would levy upon my parents is inhumane and immature.

Welp, do you need a fucking mirror?
317 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Somewhere in the...
Offline
Posted 1/14/17 , edited 1/16/17
Keep in mind that a lot of the problems people are saying about the ACA are things that democrats would love to fix but republicans won't allow to be fixed. They don't want Obama to get any credit for doing something well because that might make people turn more liberal.

Maybe if republicans actually cared about their voters they'd stop trying to ruin their voters' lives.
mxdan 
10946 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 1/14/17 , edited 1/14/17

theunlocked wrote:

Keep in mind that a lot of the problems people are saying about the ACA are things that democrats would love to fix but republicans won't allow to be fixed. They don't want Obama to get any credit for doing something well because that might make people turn more liberal.


They openly sabotage attempts to get anything done, and this goes for both sides.

Trying to get anything done in the Senate these days is near impossible and is part of the reason Presidents are using more clever executive orders to push things through. The senate at this point is basically a FIFA world cup crowd after three drinks. They just take swings at each other in a furry because the other guy kind of looks like he can be characterized as a fan of the other side.

In many ways the senate is kind of a small scale representation for the country at the moment.
70005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 1/14/17 , edited 1/14/17

theunlocked wrote:

Keep in mind that a lot of the problems people are saying about the ACA are things that democrats would love to fix but republicans won't allow to be fixed. They don't want Obama to get any credit for doing something well because that might make people turn more liberal.

Maybe if republicans actually cared about their voters they'd stop trying to ruin their voters' lives.


True that, a lot of states refused expansions that were part of the ACA in an attempt to cripple it and increase costs. By doing so they would be able to rally their populace against it.

To reiterate my point:

My mother suffered cancer and the ACA was the only coverage available that was affordable, my father and her are retired but not eligible for medicare.

With the ACA removed, it would have been a death sentence.

People are arguing the ACA should be removed as it's "not fair", because it's increased taxes some.

I say fine, but I want you to suffer the same fate you propose on my mother if she has a relapse - after all, it's only "fair" right? That's the measuring stick here - what's "fair". This is a good way of judging how resolute you are in this being a good idea.

Get called inhumane, immature, insane, etc.

People can't realize the irony that this is the system they propose - they are willing to leave others to die to save money, but the second someone says they hope they get into the same rock and hard place situation they lose their minds. You rather play the odds of "it can't happen to me, it won't happen to me". How dare someone propose you suffer from the system you help create?

Thank you to the few that proved my point for me by taking the loaded bait. Your own ideals are considered cruel and inhumane when put into practice and depend on luck which you hope won't ever impact you.

"Good Luck"
Posted 1/14/17

zinjashike wrote:


Thank you to the few that proved my point for me by taking the loaded bait. Your own ideals are considered cruel and inhumane when put into practice and depend on luck which you hope won't ever impact you.

"Good Luck"


"Blah blah blah. medicare is not good enough!" Support yourself. I'm not paying for someone's laziness or lack of ambition to land a decent job with decent healthcare. Speaking of jobs, Obama care has also made many companies switch from hiring full time to part-time. Now people have to work 2 or 3 jobs just to be where they were before Obamacare destroyed everything. The government already takes 40% of the money that I earn, I'm not shelling out more dough to pay for some illegal immigrant's healthcare, sorry. If you are able to work, then work. Otherwise starve and die. With 7 billion other slobs on the planet, nobody will really miss you when you're gone.

Nobody owes others a damn thing, work for it. Save money for your old age. Take some responsibility for that waste you call a life. Instead of buying a new tv or a new cellphone every year, save your money for a rainy day.


70005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 1/14/17 , edited 1/14/17

Xxanthar wrote:


zinjashike wrote:


Thank you to the few that proved my point for me by taking the loaded bait. Your own ideals are considered cruel and inhumane when put into practice and depend on luck which you hope won't ever impact you.

"Good Luck"


"Blah blah blah. medicare is not good enough!" Support yourself. I'm not paying for someone's laziness or lack of ambition to land a decent job with decent healthcare. Speaking of jobs, Obama care has also made many companies switch from hiring full time to part-time. Now people have to work 2 or 3 jobs just to be where they were before Obamacare destroyed everything. The government already takes 40% of the money that I earn, I'm not shelling out more dough to pay for some illegal immigrant's healthcare, sorry. If you are able to work, then work. Otherwise starve and die. With 7 billion other slobs on the planet, nobody will really miss you when you're gone.

Nobody owes others a damn thing, work for it. Save money for your old age. Take some responsibility for that waste you call a life. Instead of buying a new tv or a new cellphone every year, save your money for a rainy day.





Cool, so to confirm, your stance is:

"I rather save a buck over the lives of others"

I'll let others judge that for what it's worth, but it's funny how people freak out when the logic is equally applied to them. Oh, and since your parents benefit from Medicare surely you're wanting to defund/repeal it to? Surely you don't want strangers paying for them right, they should have simply worked harder and saved better. Please be sure to lecture them on their laziness, k?
Posted 1/14/17 , edited 1/14/17

zinjashike wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:


zinjashike wrote:


Thank you to the few that proved my point for me by taking the loaded bait. Your own ideals are considered cruel and inhumane when put into practice and depend on luck which you hope won't ever impact you.

"Good Luck"


"Blah blah blah. medicare is not good enough!" Support yourself. I'm not paying for someone's laziness or lack of ambition to land a decent job with decent healthcare. Speaking of jobs, Obama care has also made many companies switch from hiring full time to part-time. Now people have to work 2 or 3 jobs just to be where they were before Obamacare destroyed everything. The government already takes 40% of the money that I earn, I'm not shelling out more dough to pay for some illegal immigrant's healthcare, sorry. If you are able to work, then work. Otherwise starve and die. With 7 billion other slobs on the planet, nobody will really miss you when you're gone.

Nobody owes others a damn thing, work for it. Save money for your old age. Take some responsibility for that waste you call a life. Instead of buying a new tv or a new cellphone every year, save your money for a rainy day.





Cool, so to confirm, your stance is:

"I rather save a buck over the lives of others"

I'll let others judge that for what it's worth, but it's funny how you freak out when the logic is equally applied to you.


Yep that's my stance. Survival of the fittest. Basic law of nature. If you can't exist by working (disabled excluded) instead of sucking on the teat of society, then you are weak. The strong survive and the weak die. That helps keep the gene pool from being polluted with the lazy and stupid just like nature demands.

I'm also not "freaking out" I educated myself, and worked my ass off to get where I am. I didn't ask for free shit. I'm pissed that the country has become populated with lazy slobs content to live off the sweat of others. They pop out litters of other lazy slobs who continue the legacy of stupidity from generation to generation.
70005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Oklahoma
Offline
Posted 1/14/17 , edited 1/14/17

Xxanthar wrote:


zinjashike wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:


zinjashike wrote:


Thank you to the few that proved my point for me by taking the loaded bait. Your own ideals are considered cruel and inhumane when put into practice and depend on luck which you hope won't ever impact you.

"Good Luck"


"Blah blah blah. medicare is not good enough!" Support yourself. I'm not paying for someone's laziness or lack of ambition to land a decent job with decent healthcare. Speaking of jobs, Obama care has also made many companies switch from hiring full time to part-time. Now people have to work 2 or 3 jobs just to be where they were before Obamacare destroyed everything. The government already takes 40% of the money that I earn, I'm not shelling out more dough to pay for some illegal immigrant's healthcare, sorry. If you are able to work, then work. Otherwise starve and die. With 7 billion other slobs on the planet, nobody will really miss you when you're gone.

Nobody owes others a damn thing, work for it. Save money for your old age. Take some responsibility for that waste you call a life. Instead of buying a new tv or a new cellphone every year, save your money for a rainy day.





Cool, so to confirm, your stance is:

"I rather save a buck over the lives of others"

I'll let others judge that for what it's worth, but it's funny how you freak out when the logic is equally applied to you.


Yep that's my stance. Survival of the fittest. Basic law of nature. If you can't exist by working (disabled excluded)


Funny how you make an exclusion for disabled, gee, I wonder if that applies to any close to you.


That helps keep the gene pool from being polluted with the lazy and stupid just like nature demands.


Ah, genetic purity. How fucking terrifying.

No further need to respond, I think you've explained yourself quite well enough.
29073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 1/14/17

anubis822 wrote:

Now people have to take care of themselves. Oh the horror! FYI government is not your baby daddy.


The government should however help you and look after it's own citizens.

all of these things are stupid to block but i don't know the reasons for doing so, so i can't comment on it anymore.
4591 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Akihibra
Offline
Posted 1/14/17
no suprise USA has no healthcare in place well ever
4591 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Akihibra
Offline
Posted 1/14/17
you too are gay for eatchother
29073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 1/14/17

Xxanthar wrote:


zinjashike wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:


zinjashike wrote:


Thank you to the few that proved my point for me by taking the loaded bait. Your own ideals are considered cruel and inhumane when put into practice and depend on luck which you hope won't ever impact you.

"Good Luck"


"Blah blah blah. medicare is not good enough!" Support yourself. I'm not paying for someone's laziness or lack of ambition to land a decent job with decent healthcare. Speaking of jobs, Obama care has also made many companies switch from hiring full time to part-time. Now people have to work 2 or 3 jobs just to be where they were before Obamacare destroyed everything. The government already takes 40% of the money that I earn, I'm not shelling out more dough to pay for some illegal immigrant's healthcare, sorry. If you are able to work, then work. Otherwise starve and die. With 7 billion other slobs on the planet, nobody will really miss you when you're gone.

Nobody owes others a damn thing, work for it. Save money for your old age. Take some responsibility for that waste you call a life. Instead of buying a new tv or a new cellphone every year, save your money for a rainy day.





Cool, so to confirm, your stance is:

"I rather save a buck over the lives of others"

I'll let others judge that for what it's worth, but it's funny how you freak out when the logic is equally applied to you.


Yep that's my stance. Survival of the fittest. Basic law of nature. If you can't exist by working (disabled excluded) instead of sucking on the teat of society, then you are weak. The strong survive and the weak die. That helps keep the gene pool from being polluted with the lazy and stupid just like nature demands.

I'm also not "freaking out" I educated myself, and worked my ass off to get where I am. I didn't ask for free shit. I'm pissed that the country has become populated with lazy slobs content to live off the sweat of others. They pop out litters of other lazy slobs who continue the legacy of stupidity from generation to generation.



lazy and stupid people have the right to exist also.
I hope one day everyone can live and we can get past the "survival of the fittiest" bullshit you are going on about.

People are owed 3 basic things in society 1. Healthcare 2. Freedom and 3 free thought.

Obamacare is terrible we can all agree but people shouldn't have to support themselves when they can't.

There are many reasons people can't support themselves like i for instance am studying fall time i don't have time to work to support myself so i live off pre-alloted government funds and my healthcare is sorted for.

People can have many reasons to not be able to afford to live and accommodations should be made for those with valid reason.
We should go out of our way to help those who cannot afford to live.

You can believe what you like but i have met few people who spout vile nonsense like you are doing here saying the weak don't deserve to live...well they deserve to live no more then you so if you are saying they should just die why don't you take the lead or....are we being hypocritical.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.