First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Rain cast in his first leading roll in Hollywood
1488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Michigan
Offline
Posted 2/14/08 , edited 2/14/08
I don't think anyone's posted about this yet, so just to let everyone know...

This is what the article that was posted today read:


South Korean pop star and actor Rain has been cast in his first leading role in a Hollywood film, set to begin shooting later this year, his agency said Thursday.

Rain — whose real name is Jung Ji-hoon — signed a contract to star in "Ninja Assassin," an action movie to be directed by James McTeigue, said Lee Hee-jin, a spokeswoman at J.Tune Entertainment.

McTeigue was a protege of the Wachowski brothers as assistant director on "The Matrix" movies.

Rain, 26, is scheduled to make his Hollywood debut in a supporting role in the Wachowski brothers' action film "Speed Racer," to be released worldwide in May.

"Ninja Assassin" will be co-produced by the Wachowski brothers and Joel Silver, Lee said.



btw, what's up with the lenseless glasses? Is it just me, or does he seriously look like he bought them on sale at the dollar store...lol And I hope the long hair is in preparation for the movie, cause, I think he looks much better with shorter hair. Just my opinion.

3715 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Heaven
Offline
Posted 2/14/08
-.-
18587 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F
Offline
Posted 2/14/08
he isn't even a leading role.
1488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Michigan
Offline
Posted 2/14/08

ailin350 wrote:

he isn't even a leading role.


But that's the point of the article. He will be the star in this movie. I think it's set to start shooting in March or July in Berlin.
Posted 2/14/08
-.- Is that Rain? Or an imposter Doesn't look like him
1535 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50
Offline
Posted 2/14/08
Its raining men
893 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
75 / Shinji Ruling Land~!
Offline
Posted 2/14/08
i juz wanna lol ...
4142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / everywhere and an...
Offline
Posted 2/14/08
Ir Rain only 26? O_O I thought he was older...
1299 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F
Offline
Posted 2/14/08

sara2382 wrote:

btw, what's up with the lenseless glasses? Is it just me, or does he seriously look like he bought them on sale at the dollar store...lol And I hope the long hair is in preparation for the movie, cause, I think he looks much better with shorter hair. Just my opinion.




errm. i gotta agree with those lenses.. its like seeing Rain 40 years from now. lol.. hehehe.
no offense for the fans. he's still hot though.. and.. is he really the lead role here?!
if it is, then that's really great!

1153 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Malaysia
Offline
Posted 2/14/08
Hmmm... interesting
1488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Michigan
Offline
Posted 2/14/08

Bamubii wrote:

Ir Rain only 26? O_O I thought he was older...


Actually, he's really only 25. He's 6 months older than me. He is only 26 in Korean years (they add a year because of the time spent before you were born, and sometime 2 years after the new year).
4142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / everywhere and an...
Offline
Posted 2/14/08

sara2382 wrote:


Bamubii wrote:

Ir Rain only 26? O_O I thought he was older...


Actually, he's really only 25. He's 6 months older than me. He is only 26 in Korean years (they add a year because of the time spent before you were born, and sometime 2 years after the new year).


Ooh :O What a misstake of me to think he was about 30 then XD
1488 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
33 / F / Michigan
Offline
Posted 2/14/08

Bamubii wrote:


Ooh :O What a misstake of me to think he was about 30 then XD



Hahaha! Well, I don't blame you, judging by that pic he looks like more like an Ajusshi than an Oppa to me. lol
4142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / everywhere and an...
Offline
Posted 2/14/08

sara2382 wrote:

Hahaha! Well, I don't blame you, judging by that pic he looks like more like an Ajusshi than an Oppa to me. lol


Haha, yeah, on that pic he really looks old, especially with those glasses... Didn't know he's wearing glasses eigter -.-' I think I have to look for some information about him, really feels like a newbie when it comes to korean actors XD

38425 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Maui
Offline
Posted 2/14/08
funny pic. doesn't really look like him. i had to really look good.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.