Post Reply dat broken JP toolbar
14091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 1/13/17 , edited 1/14/17
This is basically a continuation of:
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-973397/help-meh-fix-my-jp-keyboard#55208355

STILL HAVEN'T SOLVEDITLOL

I think I have the same problem as this guy
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/windows-7-japanese-ime-wrong-keyboard-layout/93c4b8a5-3d95-423e-a0f6-db6b74120b18?db=5

too bad I know nothing about computer commands and didn't understand:
"On all other installs of Windows 7 I have ever used IME on (and Windows XP for that matter), the defaults were correct. For some reason on this machine, the default input method was set to "Kana Input."

To change this, the setting is in an odd location. In the language toolbar you have to switch to the Japanese language and hit alt-~ to set it to hiragana mode. At this point, the menu bar now has additional options, one of them is a toolbox (tools). Click tools and on the general tab is the Input Method setting. This needs to be set to romaji and not kana."

help meh
i cant hit alt-~
nvm i dont have the "properties" setting
prob cuz interference from chinese, dunno

^ prob the main problem that renders alt+~ useless
14424 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/13/17
Have you tried right-clicking or Uninstaller and reinstalling?
14091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 1/14/17

gornotck wrote:

Have you tried right-clicking or Uninstaller and reinstalling?


yes i have
multiple times
Dragon
64055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/14/17
Looks like this is also an update to/forumtopic-968813/jp-keyboard-broken-wat-do, which will be closed in favor of this new thread
14091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 1/17/17
man is it a ghost town in ere
4261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / F
Offline
Posted 1/18/17 , edited 1/18/17

RedExodus wrote:

man is it a ghost town in ere


Since I'm not exactly familiar with language and keyboards I can't be of assistance however have you tried contacting a company to help fix the problem? I mean its not the greatest option however it might help.
14091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 1/18/17

LunaTakimoto wrote:


RedExodus wrote:

man is it a ghost town in ere


Since I'm not exactly familiar with language and keyboards I can't be of assistance however have you tried contacting a company to help fix the problem? I mean its not the greatest option however it might help.


I haven't tried calling a company by phone but I'm still waiting for a response on the microsoft website.
14249 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28
Offline
Posted 1/19/17
Did you install it while your system locale is set to Japan? try that I guess. Also you have to have a text box selected when to do the keyboard shortcuts.

When I hit Properties it shows the menu in Japanese which means the system locale is likely doing something. It is very rare for anything to come up in Japanese like that for me. It seems like I was having problems with it but that was way long time ago. I assume the fix for me was either locale or it was font related. I remember having problems with fonts/language packs too...
35083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / New York
Offline
Posted 1/19/17
So the issue is you want to type Japanese in romaji but the system is set to kana input, right?

Try hit Ctrl + Shift + Caps Lock. This command will switch the romaji input and kana input for US keyboard.
14091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 1/21/17 , edited 1/21/17

youjiman wrote:

So the issue is you want to type Japanese in romaji but the system is set to kana input, right?

Try hit Ctrl + Shift + Caps Lock. This command will switch the romaji input and kana input for US keyboard.


i tried that

as the screenshot shows, the alternate input options seemingly does not exist/is not available

mow123 wrote:

Did you install it while your system locale is set to Japan? try that I guess. Also you have to have a text box selected when to do the keyboard shortcuts.

When I hit Properties it shows the menu in Japanese which means the system locale is likely doing something. It is very rare for anything to come up in Japanese like that for me. It seems like I was having problems with it but that was way long time ago. I assume the fix for me was either locale or it was font related. I remember having problems with fonts/language packs too...


i tried those too
35083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / New York
Offline
Posted 1/22/17
I see.

Are you logging in to Windows using an administrator user account? I assume you already have but just in case.

I was looking around the web. I found someone said he installed French language even he doesn't need it, but then he able to type Japanese language after that. It like you said at the first post, the interference from Chinese language is a possibility of the main cause of this issue. Why don't you try add some any language to your IME or delete Chinese?
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/japanese-microsoft-ime-japanese-input-not-working/b85a74c8-e9aa-40c0-afa9-755c9b3b74d1
14091 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 1/25/17 , edited 1/25/17

youjiman wrote:

I see.

Are you logging in to Windows using an administrator user account? I assume you already have but just in case.

I was looking around the web. I found someone said he installed French language even he doesn't need it, but then he able to type Japanese language after that. It like you said at the first post, the interference from Chinese language is a possibility of the main cause of this issue. Why don't you try add some any language to your IME or delete Chinese?
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/japanese-microsoft-ime-japanese-input-not-working/b85a74c8-e9aa-40c0-afa9-755c9b3b74d1


funny, i just came across that one too

bout to try


edit:nope
You must be logged in to post.