Created by Cameronrupek101
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Have you ever met an over obsessive otaku?
999 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Columbus, OH
Offline
Posted 1/14/17 , edited 1/14/17
I was just watching the The Anime Man on youtube and he was talking about different types of otakus and that one caught my interests. If you seen or talk to one, tell me about it.
999 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Columbus, OH
Offline
Posted 1/14/17
God I hate spell correct sorry guys if you get confused
4049 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Ohio
Offline
Posted 1/14/17
Yes, I see 'em at every con I've ever gone to.

I'm also friends with one in particular, but she's cool to talk to since she's also the only person I know who I can talk to about my favorite anime and both enjoy it, so hey.
999 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Columbus, OH
Offline
Posted 1/14/17 , edited 1/14/17

Primogenitor34 wrote:

Yes, I see 'em at every con I've ever gone to.

I'm also friends with one in particular, but she's cool to talk to since she's also the only person I know who I can talk to about my favorite anime and both enjoy it, so hey.


Oh really? That is nice. I don't not anyone online who likes anime. Either they keep it secret or just don't like it all. It sort of sucks.
Nearly everyone I know, knows that I like anime but they don't much about it or are just bias about it.
6758 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
∞ / AI / Cyberspace
Offline
Posted 1/14/17
Don't recall ever seeing any kind of otaku irl.
Posted 1/14/17
I haven't.
One Punch Mod
99329 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 1/14/17 , edited 1/14/17

Cameronrupek101 wrote:

God I hate spell correct sorry guys if you get confused


I was able to change the thread title, but mods can't change the actual poll title. You might still be able to--just click on the (orange) title of your poll and you should get to a page where there's an "Edit Poll" button. Once there, make changes and save.

I'm not sure if edits are allowed after people have actually answered the poll, but it might be worth a try.
999 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M / Columbus, OH
Offline
Posted 1/14/17

lorreen wrote:


Cameronrupek101 wrote:

God I hate spell correct sorry guys if you get confused


I was able to change the thread title, but mods can't change the actual poll title. You might still be able to--just click on the (orange) title of your poll and you should get to a page where there's an "Edit Poll" button. Once there, make changes and save.

I'm not sure if edits are allowed after people have actually answered the poll, but it might be worth a try.





Thanks Man that helps a lot
21410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Leanbox, Gameindu...
Offline
Posted 1/16/17 , edited 1/16/17
Yes at conventions.

Hmm, well I've met weeaboos who try to speak English with a Japanese accent even though they are from the US which was pretty weird.
Um, I knew a guy in university who probably watched every anime that came out for the past decade and would watch every single simulcast every season regardless of how good or bad they would be.

Idk, get out there, see the con world, it will change your perspective on things
Posted 1/17/17
yes, his breath always smelled
668 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 1/17/17
Mhm mhm mhm
508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / New Orleans
Offline
Posted 1/17/17 , edited 1/18/17
hyperweeb horror stories are the best
8924 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Palm Coast, Florida
Offline
Posted 1/17/17
Nope, been watching anime since 2014 and haven't met anyone who obsesses about anime, I do talk to other people who like anime, but they don't classify as "otaku" (nor do I)
Posted 1/17/17
Not in real life.
6383 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/18/17
I've met a few in conventions. Some are obvious and some aren't unless you talk to them. I met this Love Live fan who went hard with his attire: Love Live hat, shirt, wristbands, sneakers and Honoka bag with pins of every member. For reference, I would maybe wear just the shirt but not all those accessories. He was fairly friendly, even after I said that I prefer Idolmasters.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.