First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Crunchyrollers, What is your extremely strong opinion on that is ultimately unimportant?
129 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / San Diego, Califo...
Offline
Posted 1/15/17 , edited 1/15/17
I strongly believe Green skittles should've stayed lime flavored.
Posted 1/15/17 , edited 1/15/17
Everything.
No matter the opinion we have on things, it's all fundamentally unimportant. Politics? Well, in another 50-60 years nobody will care about what our opinions were. Gaming? Same thing. Music? Yep.
17 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/15/17 , edited 1/15/17

ninjitsuko wrote:

Everything.
No matter the opinion we have on things, it's all fundamentally unimportant. Politics? Well, in another 50-60 years nobody will care about what our opinions were. Gaming? Same thing. Music? Yep.


How very deep of you.

Except if our politics gets us into a nuclear war or famine- yeah- you better believe people in 50 years are going to care what our opinions were.

Point is, opinions are irrelevant unless it has real world consequences. If you think politics doesn't affect others or later generations (or the earth itself), man, you need to sit through a political science class.
Posted 1/15/17 , edited 1/15/17
When I get kick out from a server for sniping. Even when is allow.
Posted 1/15/17 , edited 1/15/17

mwkazlow wrote:

Except if our politics gets us into a nuclear war or famine- yeah- you better believe people in 50 years are going to care what our opinions were.

Point is, opinions are irrelevant unless it has real world consequences. If you think politics doesn't affect others or later generations (or the earth itself), man, you need to sit through a political science class.


The cause and effect of political situations are irrelevant at the end of the day. My and your own opinions on a political spectrum mean absolutely nothing at the end of the day. Even in a political science course (which I've taken a handful of years ago) only focused on the decisions by the government and the elected individuals; not the citizens themselves. History determines that society, at the time, decided that the person was relevant enough to be voted into the elected office. Individual opinions means naught. Even if a collective opinion (for example, who was elected as president/prime minister/etc) yields drastic consequences on society that impacts the country, the world, or even the planet the consensus indicates that we (society of that country at that particular time) believed them to be the best option.

50 years, 100 years... 200 years ... 500 years... as time progresses, the opinion of an individual that doesn't influence the course of history at all is irrelevant. The topic was about our (Crunchyrollers) strong opinions that are unimportant. Unless we have a few senators, Trump, and a few prime ministers hiding behind Crunchyroll members, our opinions about politics are irrelevant and unimportant.
Posted 1/15/17 , edited 1/15/17

GenericMochi wrote:

I strongly believe Green skittles should've stayed lime flavored.


YES!!!!

The green apple flavour is not as good.
21696 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Leanbox, Gameindu...
Offline
Posted 1/15/17
I strongly believe that the world would be a better place if green tea flavored kit kats were more widely available!
22866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 1/15/17

TwinBlast wrote:

When I get kick out from a server for sniping. Even when is allow.


play a game with larger maps. A sniper should have difficulty even getting to the enemy base and when they get there running out of ammo should be a problem.
Posted 1/15/17

Rujikin wrote:


TwinBlast wrote:

When I get kick out from a server for sniping. Even when is allow.


play a game with larger maps. A sniper should have difficulty even getting to the enemy base and when they get there running out of ammo should be a problem.


I don't agree with that but whatever.
Well I do. I play planetside 2. Go luck surviving in any fight for more than 2 seconds.
62379 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/15/17

ninjitsuko wrote:


mwkazlow wrote:

Except if our politics gets us into a nuclear war or famine- yeah- you better believe people in 50 years are going to care what our opinions were.

Point is, opinions are irrelevant unless it has real world consequences. If you think politics doesn't affect others or later generations (or the earth itself), man, you need to sit through a political science class.


The cause and effect of political situations are irrelevant at the end of the day. My and your own opinions on a political spectrum mean absolutely nothing at the end of the day. Even in a political science course (which I've taken a handful of years ago) only focused on the decisions by the government and the elected individuals; not the citizens themselves. History determines that society, at the time, decided that the person was relevant enough to be voted into the elected office. Individual opinions means naught. Even if a collective opinion (for example, who was elected as president/prime minister/etc) yields drastic consequences on society that impacts the country, the world, or even the planet the consensus indicates that we (society of that country at that particular time) believed them to be the best option.

50 years, 100 years... 200 years ... 500 years... as time progresses, the opinion of an individual that doesn't influence the course of history at all is irrelevant. The topic was about our (Crunchyrollers) strong opinions that are unimportant. Unless we have a few senators, Trump, and a few prime ministers hiding behind Crunchyroll members, our opinions about politics are irrelevant and unimportant.


From a deeper philosophical point of view, or I guess it would be more accurate to say from a nihilistic point of view, it doesn't really matter whether people 50 years from now care about our opinions because their opinions don't really matter either.

More in the spirit of the topic, however, here's one I can share. I am of the opinion that the smartphone feature for automatically changing screen orientation based on the phone's physical orientation was an enormous mistake, and I am very disappointed that it has caught on so thoroughly.
21561 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/15/17 , edited 1/16/17
I strongly believe Sword Art Online should have ended at episode 16, with the ending that everyone except Kirito wakes up, and Kirirto sacrifices himself to save everyone else, and the last scene is his girlfriend crying at his funeral.
21588 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 1/15/17
Anime Piracy
1274 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / Kansas, USA
Offline
Posted 1/15/17 , edited 1/15/17

Rujikin wrote:


TwinBlast wrote:

When I get kick out from a server for sniping. Even when is allow.


play a game with larger maps. A sniper should have difficulty even getting to the enemy base and when they get there running out of ammo should be a problem.


Did you ever play Dust 514?
Some sniper rifles were ridiculously OP--as in I was quite content to be that asshole camper that parks his ass behind a rock on a hard to reach cliff half way across the map and picks people off. You could camp from your drop ship, too, if you got lucky with its positioning.

On topic: I firmly believe that traditional theaters should disappear and new movies should go straight to on-demand for 1/4 the price of going to a theater.
1792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Spokane, Washingt...
Offline
Posted 1/15/17
I firmly believe that all unnatural life forms should be treated as unholy abominations and removed from this world.

This includes, but is not limited to
KFC naked chickens.
Invasive species, twice so for tasty ones.
Transsexuals.
Anything born with a clearly unfavorable mutation.
Any dog who's height is below my knee.
Any breed of cat or dog with clearly unfavorable mutations. (modern Persians, those stumpy leg cats, etc)
And most important of all, soybeans! Dam things are nasty, and I would remove all of them, GMO or organic, they all must die!

Only reason I don't act on any of this should be very obvious. Can't have people going around on 1 man crusades for every stupid, hateful, good, fun or just plain old crazy opinion they have.
20007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / missouri
Offline
Posted 1/16/17

IngramIV wrote:

Anime Piracy


First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.