First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Is Haruhi Suzumiya an actual god or just some reality warper?
46885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 1/16/17
So, is Haruhi a goddess or a plain old reality warper? How is it that someone like Haruhi doesn't even realize that she has powers? What do you think?
Humms 
11793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 1/16/17
Well. Not a god, because there are Gods already in the anime.

She just controls the world around her. Basically anything can happen depending on her emotional state. She can make you stay in an endless loop until you finally correct yourself in order to wake up tomorrow instead of repeating the day before.

Stuff like that. I don't know the entire specifics of Haruhi, it's been a while, but she can basically destroy her world if she wanted to.

46885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 1/16/17

Humms wrote:

Well. Not a god, because there are Gods already in the anime.

She just controls the world around her. Basically anything can happen depending on her emotional state. She can make you stay in an endless loop until you finally correct yourself in order to wake up tomorrow instead of repeating the day before.

Stuff like that. I don't know the entire specifics of Haruhi, it's been a while, but she can basically destroy her world if she wanted to.




That's so confusing. I mean a deity can do those types of things. I would ask you more but you aren't too familiar with Haruhi.
14430 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/16/17
The better question is 'Does Kyon really exist?'
46885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 1/16/17

gornotck wrote:

The better question is 'Does Kyon really exist?'



2244 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / F / England
Offline
Posted 1/16/17

qualeshia3 wrote:


gornotck wrote:

The better question is 'Does Kyon really exist?'






Is Kyon the god who's created Haruhi for his own amusement? That's why we never learn his real name or his sister's name.

I've seen that theory around. I don't know what the deal with Haruhi really is, i haven't read the novels, just watched the anime.
Posted 1/16/17
She's the god of dancing.
46885 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 1/16/17

fancyjasper wrote:

Is Kyon the god who's created Haruhi for his own amusement? That's why we never learn his real name or his sister's name.

I've seen that theory around. I don't know what the deal with Haruhi really is, i haven't read the novels, just watched the anime.



Interesting.
qwueri 
20032 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 1/16/17
Is there really a difference in the case of Haruhi? A reality warper could effectively be considered a god, and a god could possibly warp reality. In either case, Haruhi doesn't notice her powers because she perceives herself as a normal girl and some subconscious aspect of her powers likely protects that perception.
Humms 
11793 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 1/16/17

qualeshia3 wrote:


Humms wrote:

Well. Not a god, because there are Gods already in the anime.

She just controls the world around her. Basically anything can happen depending on her emotional state. She can make you stay in an endless loop until you finally correct yourself in order to wake up tomorrow instead of repeating the day before.

Stuff like that. I don't know the entire specifics of Haruhi, it's been a while, but she can basically destroy her world if she wanted to.




That's so confusing. I mean a deity can do those types of things. I would ask you more but you aren't too familiar with Haruhi.

Well I know enough to say that she basically shapes the world around her depending on her state of mind, that's why she creates the SOS brigade to help her better understand things like Espers, aliens, time travelers, so on. Not knowing that the people in her club are actually supernatural beings themselves excluding kyon, well to my knowledge.

If it weren't for kyon being a part of Haruhis life, who knows if the world would be destroyed already.

So it's really hard to put the pieces together, especially for the length of the series. It's just a power she has and uses unknowingly. Everyone else experiences the effects, but doesn't realize them. Kyon on the other hand does notice them. It's basically a world revolving around the choices kyon makes in order to move forward in terms of having a relationship with Haruhi.

Basically if she feels like the world shouldn't exist because she has no one to care for, the world can end in an instant.

18737 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Maniwa Japan
Offline
Posted 1/16/17
Goddess
289 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M
Online
Posted 1/16/17
Nikuma 
13869 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Holland
Offline
Posted 1/16/17

Yamstarch wrote:

Goddess


52 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / ...Elsewhere
Offline
Posted 1/16/17

fancyjasper wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:


gornotck wrote:

The better question is 'Does Kyon really exist?'






Is Kyon the god who's created Haruhi for his own amusement? That's why we never learn his real name or his sister's name.

I've seen that theory around. I don't know what the deal with Haruhi really is, i haven't read the novels, just watched the anime.


One of my favorite theories on that stems from the question, "is it the story of Kyon being told by Haruhi, or is it the story of Haruhi told by Kyon?"
21541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 1/16/17 , edited 1/16/17
Trump getting elected,,,,,,,,,,,,proof god is stoned
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.