First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
Trump Is President In Four Days Now. Deal With It.
Posted 1/17/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:


animegirl2222 wrote:

you don't have to be a liberal to dislike Trump. he's dislikeable on his own accordance of being fucking intolerably annoying and grating.


Much like you.


But Animegirl2222 is the hottest, sexiest girl I have ever seen on the CR forums! How could you?!


I just reflected her own words right back. If she can have those opinions about the next President, then I can have the same about her. It's fair.
Ejanss 
16905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/17/17 , edited 1/17/17

BlueOni wrote:

I'm of the same mind as Bernie Sanders on the matter. Trump should be held to account for the positive promises he's made and vigourously opposed when taking any action on the negative ones he's made. Should Trump present proposals that sincerely protect Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid as he promised, should he present or support proposals that empower people in the US to import cheaper prescription medications like the one Sanders recently made, should he negotiate trade deals that actually advance the interests of labour over the interests of high dollar donors and lobbyists, he should be supported by progressives. Should Trump try to torture, or seek war against Iran on John Bolton's advice, or make good on his promise to refill the extrajudicial prison in Guantanamo, he should be given no quarter and be opposed to the last.


IOW, Trump will be remembered four (or two) years later for what he DOES, good or bad, and not just because he had loyal, insecurely cult-of-identity fanboys to stick up for him either way.
We can just start writing the history now, since that's clearly what he wants.

(And he thought it was just about "winning"...(snicker!) )
Posted 1/17/17

Ejanss wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:

I think Trump is going to surprise many people and get a lot accomplished very quickly. He's a business man and not used to the snails pace Washington moves at.


("Not used to" being the key words.)


Yep, and as president he is in a position to change things.
Posted 1/17/17
I think Trump is going to surprise many people and get a lot accomplished very quickly. He's a business man and not used to the snails pace Washington moves at.

If the Dems want to filibuster, he'll make sure the rules changed so that they actually have to stand on the floor the whole time like the old days. If the Dems want to filibuster everything, they better wear their diapers. Plus Obama has opened the way for him to write as many executive orders as he wants. I can't wait for the fireworks.
37414 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F
Offline
Posted 1/17/17

Ejanss wrote:

IOW, Trump will be remembered four (or two) years later for what he DOES, good or bad, and not just because he had loyal fanboys to stick up for him either way.
We can just start writing the history now, since that's clearly what he wants.

(And he thought it was just about "winning"...(snicker!) )


Yes, and so it should be for any President.
Ejanss 
16905 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/17/17 , edited 1/17/17

Xxanthar wrote:

I think Trump is going to surprise many people and get a lot accomplished very quickly. He's a business man and not used to the snails pace Washington moves at.


("Not used to" being the key words.)


BlueOni wrote:


Ejanss wrote:

IOW, Trump will be remembered four (or two) years later for what he DOES, good or bad, and not just because he had loyal fanboys to stick up for him either way.
We can just start writing the history now, since that's clearly what he wants.

(And he thought it was just about "winning"...(snicker!) )


Yes, and so it should be for any President.


If you win a contest to pilot a supersonic Air Force jet for the day, you're certainly lucky, and it's a thrill, but it doesn't necessarily mean you CAN. That remains to be seen once you're off the ground.
2429 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Miami/Hawaii
Offline
Posted 1/17/17
America continues to be the world's pinnacle of amusement, before it was everyone ranting and raving over Hollywood, but that attention-gripping flame plateaued. Donald Trump, the president-to-be in four days will rekindle the flame, America will go back to getting the global spotlight of entertainment and attention once more, as people will both dispute and revel in what's to come.

What an amusing world that we live in.

Posted 1/17/17
How about we all wait and see what he does? He is not a conservative, so liberals may actually like some of the stuff that he gets done.
runec 
37227 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/17/17
Speaking of dealing with it; Trump is now whining on Twitter that his low approval ratings are rigged.

-.-
3358 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / North Dakota
Offline
Posted 1/17/17 , edited 1/17/17
I'm honestly not a fan of aligning with a party at all - I am all for tolerance, but I do find that conservative values are more in-line with my own because I want my family, who work hard and pay taxes their entire lives, to prosper for it - not some do-nothing with an inflated opinion on EVERYTHING who does nothing to even support his opinions aside from slap a label on everyone who disagrees to get a check in the mail.

I think that this whole lashing out on the side of the liberals / current heads of our government is embarrassing, and it takes everything I have to remind myself that some of us still have dignity and intelligence and that intelligence comes not from a professor who gets one of those checks saying I possess it, but from my own opinions I form from ability to analyze what is going on around me.

It really is embarrassing, and it makes me feel ashamed that it got this bad in this country most of all - and it ends with our president throwing a tantrum like a child, lying through his teeth, trying to sabotage everything he possibly can before the president elect takes office - that is not his job and he should be well aware - and he is. His most recent actions make it abundantly clear where his loyalties lie - and it isn't with the people who elected him. People NEED to stop helping him sabotage this country because it isn't just the opposition they're screwing, it's their own future as well, whether they realize it or not.

It's not what an American who cares about their country should be doing.


Tegernako wrote:

Nah. I'll resist Trump and his followers every step of the way.

Also I accept that this particular breed of dictator won. That doesn't mean I have to say nothing when he comes up with policies that I disagree with.

So no. There will be no acceptance of what he stands for. I will be on the streets, protesting,writing letters, and giving voices to everyone who needs my help.

How about you deal with the fact that your propaganda posting isn't the truth? He didn't even win the popular vote, not even Republicans like him. I'd ask how pissed he is about that, but apparently he enjoys being pissed on.

Seriously though. I like how you try to act like this is a civic duty or something. "Yeah just roll over brah. That's what I did with Obama."


Helping support him has nothing to do with agreeing with everything he proposes. This is about the people who adamantly refuse to consider anything he has to say - it's your duty as a citizen of a country to try and better said country - not to blindly oppose someone you may not like, which is EXACTLY what every mainstream figure has been doing since he won the election. It isn't just wrong, it's foolish. It's not just "their" country you're going to undermine, it's your own. Your duty is to stand up for what you think is right - period.

The truth is most of what you think you know about what he stands for was given to you by the media - he isn't a racist, he doesn't rape 13 year old girls, he's not a homophobe, and he doesn't get pissed on by hookers. Almost every last thing he was accused of wasn't true and has been determined false time and time again - and in the case of the last one it was known to be untrue for over a year before it was stupidly put on the news. They're still relying on shock value statements regardless of their legitimacy and it's time to wise up - I would like to think our country wasn't so far gone already for this to be beyond us. It's becoming so painfully obvious... then again, I thought it was long ago.

If I were you - I would be questioning EVERYTHING, I sure as hell do. This isn't about Trump - it's about all of us. There isn't going to be a winner if we're predisposed to fight each other no matter what, and the really sad thing is that a hell of a lot of people are. (And to top it off, those same people are the ones accusing Trump of dividing the country. What the hell twilight zone did I wander into, and when?)
405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/17/17
I'll give old Donald a chance, because he deserves that much. I think I understand why our founding fathers didn't trust direct democracy and/or popular vote. Hillary's supporter base consisted of a lot of unstable and fanatic people. Trump is really no different, but they seem a little less insane. However, his wall idea is outright moronic.
3113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/17/17
ok, We'll deal with it, but when a democratic president wins the election in four years and kicks trump out of the white house, just make sure you deal with, ok?
Posted 1/17/17

Shimario wrote:

ok, We'll deal with it, but when a democratic president wins the election in four years and kicks trump out of the white house, just make sure you deal with, ok?


It's good to dream.
3113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/17/17

Ununoctium wrote:

I'll give old Donald a chance, because he deserves that much. I think I understand why our founding fathers didn't trust direct democracy and/or popular vote. Hillary's supporter base consisted of a lot of unstable and fanatic people. Trump is really no different, but they seem a little less insane. However, his wall idea is outright moronic.


I'd say both sides have a fanatic and unstable supporter base. Though, i think Trump's supporters are more unstable than Hilary's to be honest.

Posted 1/17/17
Okay I will.
3113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 1/17/17

Xxanthar wrote:


Shimario wrote:

ok, We'll deal with it, but when a democratic president wins the election in four years and kicks trump out of the white house, just make sure you deal with, ok?


It's good to dream.


The Democrats aren't gonna make the same mistake twice, you know they wont, especially after four years of having trump for president.
Posted 1/17/17 , edited 1/17/17

Shimario wrote:


Xxanthar wrote:


Shimario wrote:

ok, We'll deal with it, but when a democratic president wins the election in four years and kicks trump out of the white house, just make sure you deal with, ok?


It's good to dream.


The Democrats aren't gonna make the same mistake twice, you know they wont, especially after four years of having trump for president.


They said that for Bush's first term as well. Democrats have been making the same mistakes for the past 50 years.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.