First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply North Korea to Obama: Start packing
12994 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Offline
Posted 1/17/17

sundin13 wrote:Oh no, North Korea doesn't like us. Whatever will we do...

that tyranny won't stand! we should make a movie mocking their dear leader. oh wait.

35641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 1/17/17 , edited 1/17/17

MysticGon wrote:

The U.S. Blacklisted the brutal dictator's sister so the North Korean government responds with a top shelf burn.

https://www.rt.com/news/373947-north-korea-obama-packing/

That's right ladies and gentlemen, that's what the world thinks of America. We live in a meme world now. Obama can take his legacy and go fuck himself with it. Let the adults take it from here.


So just so we have this straight: You're celebrating what a brutal dictator says as reported by RT; Russia's state run Pravda 2.0?

Then you're using that as the benchmark for how the world views America?

Is this really how far you've fallen?



5481 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 1/17/17
Personally I think Obama has done a great job in preserving the economy. There are down times and ups in which every country must face. Obama is someone with not many things to say, but keep it in heart. I will always be grateful for his work, and that of him being the president , although well, reality judges a president more harshly. Obama is rather old fashioned. Let's give him the farewell he deserves
Posted 1/17/17
Kim is stomping his feet... Again. It doesn't matter who's in the White House; North Korean officials have openly and repeatedly declared that the USA is an enemy of their country. North Korea is going to bitch, no matter what.
8775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Palm Coast, Florida
Offline
Posted 1/17/17
He's already packing soon.
27898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/17/17

“He and his whole family, including the first lady, joined campaigns to support Hillary Clinton who was the presidential candidate, but still​ did not get support [from the people]. It was not [just] a personal failure of the presidential candidate, but a failure of the president who was still in power too,”


- Cambodia


we do not believe that it is appropriate to attack the composition of the democratically elected government of an ally


- United Kingdom


"To restore confidence with partners, a good place for the United States to begin is with Turkey, which is a front-line state with regard to all the threats in question. It is sadly true that the Turkey-U.S. bilateral relationship is under severe strain,"


-Turkey


"The Obama administration not only failed to protect Israel against this gang-up at the UN, it colluded with it behind the scenes. Israel looks forward to to working with President-elect Trump and with all our friends in Congress, Republicans and Democrats alike, to negate the harm effects of this absurd resolution."


- Isreal


"I am criticizing the Obama administration for its shortsightedness, and for pure hypocrisy, including human rights,"


- The Philippines

A fair amount of hypocrisy sure...

That's to join the normal critics in North Korea, Russia, Cuba, China, Iran... A lame-duck president needs to show some dignity and let the next administration set the tone.
5481 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 1/17/17 , edited 1/17/17
There is a reason that human embrace lies and hypocrisy.

Lelouch Lamperouge:

Why do people lie? It isn't only because they struggle against each other, it's also because there is something that they're seeking.

We are Partners. If you are a Witch, then I am a Warlock.
35641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 1/17/17 , edited 1/17/17


Ugh, seriously? Nice cherry picking you have going there. It'd be a shame if someone Google'd it.



“He and his whole family, including the first lady, joined campaigns to support Hillary Clinton who was the presidential candidate, but still​ did not get support [from the people]. It was not [just] a personal failure of the presidential candidate, but a failure of the president who was still in power too,”

- Cambodia


http://www.voacambodia.com/a/views-on-obama-legacy-differ-among-cambodian-politicians-ngo-leaders/3679947.html

The rest of that quote, that you cut off, was:


But, he said, Obama did prove himself to be a leader of respectable character, who was capable of maintaining good foreign relations, including with Cambodia.


and before that from the same article:


But while ordinary Cambodian people interviewed by VOA Khmer have expressed overwhelmingly positive views of his presidency, politicians and NGO leaders have had a more mixed reaction to the leader’s legacy.


So, lying your ass off out of the gate.




we do not believe that it is appropriate to attack the composition of the democratically elected government of an ally

- United Kingdom


http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/30/politics/state-department-theresa-may-john-kerry-speech-response/

A quote from May's office regarding Israel not the US. They are tsk tsk'n Kerry for criticizing Bibi.




"To restore confidence with partners, a good place for the United States to begin is with Turkey, which is a front-line state with regard to all the threats in question. It is sadly true that the Turkey-U.S. bilateral relationship is under severe strain,"

-Turkey


https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/turkish-foreign-minister-turkey-deserves-better-from-the-united-states/2017/01/11/8b67a274-cd18-11e6-b8a2-8c2a61b0436f_story.html?utm_term=.bf10040e8b83

Opinion of a foreign minister under budding dictator Ergodan.

So score another point on the dictator list.



"The Obama administration not only failed to protect Israel against this gang-up at the UN, it colluded with it behind the scenes. Israel looks forward to to working with President-elect Trump and with all our friends in Congress, Republicans and Democrats alike, to negate the harm effects of this absurd resolution."

- Isreal


Bibi is an asshole. Asshole's not liking Obama seems to be a running theme here. I'm okay with that.




"I am criticizing the Obama administration for its shortsightedness, and for pure hypocrisy, including human rights,"

- The Philippines


http://www.ibtimes.com/philippines-war-drugs-president-rodrigo-duterte-slams-barack-obama-says-hes-2465831

Oh no, the hypocritical mass murderer doesn't like Obama. -.-





That's to join the normal critics in North Korea, Russia, Cuba, China, Iran... A lame-duck president needs to show some dignity and let the next administration set the tone.


"Normal" critics? Seriously? And oh yeah, I'm sure China is really looking forward to Trump.

As per the Pew Research poll someone already posted: Trump is near universally reviled around the globe by anyone not living under a propaganda state. -.-






27898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/18/17


So basically this then...



Because the people who are making these comments are the ones that set or enact policy. Their view on Obama either personally or professionally do matter. Whether you like their take on him or not is irrelevant.
35641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 1/18/17 , edited 1/18/17

MysticGon wrote:
Because the people who are making these comments are the ones that set or enact policy. Their view on Obama either personally or professionally do matter. Whether you like their take on him or not is irrelevant.


You argument was literally "This is what the world thinks of America". You then cherry picked a bunch of random quotes you couldn't even be honest enough to attribute to anyone. Those are the goal posts you set. You can't move them now.

Your first one the guy actually APPROVES of Obama but you cut that part off.
The second one who cares what the mouthpiece of Erogodan says.
The third one you straight up misrepresented as it was not directly referring to America at.
The fourth is an asshole whose assholeness was condemned by more than just America
The fifth one is a sociopath so who gives a fuck what he thinks.

So you were straight up lying for two of them and scrapping the bottom of the barrel for the rest. Your opinion is demonstrably wrong and your methods of trying to defend it are disingenuous to put it mildly.

I am not the one rejecting reality here. If I can undermine your argument by doing nothing except attributing your quotes to their correct sources, something you were not even honest enough to do, then the problem is most certainly not on my side of the court.







27898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/18/17

runec wrote:


MysticGon wrote:
Because the people who are making these comments are the ones that set or enact policy. Their view on Obama either personally or professionally do matter. Whether you like their take on him or not is irrelevant.


You argument was literally "This is what the world thinks of America". You then cherry picked a bunch of random quotes you couldn't even be honest enough to attribute to anyone. Those are the goal posts you set. You can't move them now.

Your first one the guy actually APPROVES of Obama but you cut that part off.
The second one who cares what the mouthpiece of Erogodan says.
The third one you straight up misrepresented as it was not directly referring to America at.
The fourth is an asshole whose assholeness was condemned by more than just America
The fifth one is a sociopath so who gives a fuck what he thinks.

So you were straight up lying for two of them and scrapping the bottom of the barrel for the rest. Your opinion is demonstrably wrong and your methods of trying to defend it are disingenuous to put it mildly.

I am not the one rejecting reality here. If I can undermine your argument by doing nothing except attributing your quotes to their correct sources, something you were not even honest enough to do, then the problem is most certainly not on my side of the court.









I think you are reading too much into my motives. Normally I post links with my quotes. Laziness is the only reason I didn't do it this time. But people seize on it as proof of deception so I'll post them next time. Thanks.

As for your opinions of the quotes. People see the quotes and can judge for themselves. It's not like I edited them. The context of the conversation is the criticism the Obama administration gets for its words and actions. Whether you sympathize, agree or even like the people who made them is, again, irrelevant.
29039 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 1/18/17

Akage-chan wrote:

You're quoting an article from 2015? LOL. That's ancient history in the world of politics. I'm referring more to Israel refusing to deal with Obama, deferring to Trump instead.


you act like the world dislikes obama ._.
35641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 1/18/17

MysticGon wrote:
As for your opinions of the quotes. People see the quotes and can judge for themselves. It's not like I edited them. The context of the conversation is the criticism the Obama administration gets for its words and actions. Whether you sympathize, agree or even like the people who made them is, again, irrelevant.


Again, two of them were out of context. The first you cut out the full opinion ( as it was positive of Obama ) and the second was, again, not even referring directly to the US but rather to Israel. Presenting it the way you did implied a different context. Claiming you did that out of "laziness" is likewise rather disingenous of you.

As for whether or not I agree or even like the people in question that is indeed quite relevant. Because you're the one arguing that these are representative of the world opinion of America and Obama. That these are the "normal" critics. When many of the countries you mention are essentially cranks at best or at worst outright propaganda states or totalitarian style regimes.

You stated "This is what the world thinks of America" based off of North Korea's opinion. Then further opined that somehow Obama is being undignified because a small assortment of the world's assholes don't like him. Nevermind that in your list of "normal" critics you listed 3 countries with rather big reasons to dislike the incoming administration rather than embrace it as an upgrade over the Obama administration.

So in total your barometer for world opinion on America is Turkey, Russia, North Korea and Israel. If I have to tell you why that's a terrible basis for your argument I don't really know what else to say aside from please do some light reading on geopolitics. >.>

Now, if you are going to retroactively claim that this is not your argument or "motives" as it were despite what you have said to the contrary then all you've done is posted a random assortment of how assholes view America. Without context or any sort of point.

So what is it? Are you being dishonest, being ignorant of world politics or being just being irrelevant?





27898 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 1/18/17

runec wrote:


MysticGon wrote:
As for your opinions of the quotes. People see the quotes and can judge for themselves. It's not like I edited them. The context of the conversation is the criticism the Obama administration gets for its words and actions. Whether you sympathize, agree or even like the people who made them is, again, irrelevant.


Again, two of them were out of context. The first you cut out the full opinion ( as it was positive of Obama ) and the second was, again, not even referring directly to the US but rather to Israel. Presenting it the way you did implied a different context. Claiming you did that out of "laziness" is likewise rather disingenous of you.

As for whether or not I agree or even like the people in question that is indeed quite relevant. Because you're the one arguing that these are representative of the world opinion of America and Obama. That these are the "normal" critics. When many of the countries you mention are essentially cranks at best or at worst outright propaganda states or totalitarian style regimes.

You stated "This is what the world thinks of America" based off of North Korea's opinion. Then further opined that somehow Obama is being undignified because a small assortment of the world's assholes don't like him. Nevermind that in your list of "normal" critics you listed 3 countries with rather big reasons to dislike the incoming administration rather than embrace it as an upgrade over the Obama administration.

So in total your barometer for world opinion on America is Turkey, Russia, North Korea and Israel. If I have to tell you why that's a terrible basis for your argument I don't really know what else to say aside from please do some light reading on geopolitics. >.>

Now, if you are going to retroactively claim that this is not your argument or "motives" as it were despite what you have said to the contrary then all you've done is posted a random assortment of how assholes view America. Without context or any sort of point.

So what is it? Are you being dishonest, being ignorant of world politics or being just being irrelevant?







I'd love to debate geopolitics and how Isreal and Turkey are infinitely better allies in the Middle East than Iran. We have differing opinions that much is obvious. In that region the U.S. has diminished influence.

European nations, S. Korea and Japan are still in America's corner. But the pivot to Asia has been met with ruffled feathers by China, pushing them to forge closer ties with Russia. The US has recently gained Iran and Cuba as frienemies. So if you want to start talking about dictators you have two doozies straight away. Not saying things will be better with the next administration but to cause such tension in your final days to screw with your successor is quite frankly a dick move, the significance of such dick moves is not lost on the international community.

Or in simple English...


35641 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 1/18/17

MysticGon wrote:
I'd love to debate geopolitics and how Isreal and Turkey are infinitely better allies in the Middle East than Iran. We have differing opinions that much is obvious. In that region the U.S. has diminished influence.


I said nothing about who was the better ally. I said that Bibi and Ergodan are assholes so using their input as a barometer for the world's opinion of America is flawed at best. You brought Iran into this as a "normal" critic. Stop trying to move the goal posts again.



MysticGon wrote:European nations, S. Korea and Japan are still in America's corner. But the pivot to Asia has been met with ruffled feathers by China, pushing them to forge closer ties with Russia. The US has recently gained Iran and Cuba as frienemies. So if you want to start talking about dictators you have two doozies straight away. Not saying things will be better with the next administration but to cause such tension in your final days to screw with your successor is quite frankly a dick move, the significance of such dick moves is not lost on the international community.


The pivot to Asia has been ongoing for 4-5 years. It is hardly a last minute thing and the worry is not Obama but rather what Trump will do in regards to China. He already has China on edge and they by and large view him as a dangerous idiot. Dealing with China requires a delicate hand. Something Trump completely lacks. In fact, Obama directly cautioned Trump not to start a conflict with China.



First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.