First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
The media and their war with Trump
Posted 1/19/17
Current politics and the media in a nutshell:
mxdan 
11765 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 1/19/17

DeadlyOats wrote:

You know who definitely will NOT get a press pass....



Weren't you going off the other day about how the 1st amendment is dead?

Isn't barring one of the biggest media conglomerates from press access because you disagree with how they conduct news the very same thing?
13315 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 1/19/17 , edited 1/22/17

BlackRose0607 wrote:


Dark_Alma wrote:
Do not diss my Fuhrer Trump! HE WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! BOW DOWN AND KISS HIS HAND PLEBIAN! /s

Also, next four years already started for me... as I said before I had a job lined up with the Army Corps of Engineers... They told me they may not be able to hire me upon graduation this semester if the Government Freeze happens. He hasn't gotten into office and he may have already shafted my first job opportunity! Damn that sucks.


I don't see how you can support someone who might have already taken a great job prospect away from you just by being who he is....


The /s in bold means "sarcasm" I don't support him. I dislike him greatly to be honest. I added /s just to make sure people didn't think I was serious.

Sorry for the confusion. The only reason I want Trump to stay is Pence scares me more. If we can get both of them out of the way though?
12117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 1/19/17 , edited 1/22/17
I love how when I report Facebook videos showing violent racist hate crimes I'm an "eeeeeevil leftist liberal commie SJW censorer *insert whatever other buzzwords*" But when Trump takes the right to report away from the biggest news outlets in the country that's A-Ok.
23042 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
The White House
Offline
Posted 1/19/17 , edited 1/22/17

mxdan wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:

You know who definitely will NOT get a press pass....



Weren't you going off the other day about how the 1st amendment is dead?

Isn't barring one of the biggest media conglomerates from press access because you disagree with how they conduct news the very same thing?


They don't have a RIGHT to being in the white house, it's a privilege. They are free to talk about it and report about it all they want but if Trump doesn't want them in the room then they don't have a right to be in that room.

Really if they didn't throw a pissy fit about the larger room then they would have been able to stay so they just dug their own grave and buried themselves.
runec 
38946 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/19/17 , edited 1/22/17

Rujikin wrote:
They don't have a RIGHT to being in the white house, it's a privilege. They are free to talk about it and report about it all they want but if Trump doesn't want them in the room then they don't have a right to be in that room.


Do you even hear yourself? I mean, seriously, guys, what the fuck?

Do you want fascism? Because this is how you get fascism.
15750 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 1/19/17 , edited 1/22/17
Its funny that you say this makes Trump look like the "pro chess player vs a grade schooler" when it really just makes him look like a petty child.
445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/19/17 , edited 1/22/17
fuck donald trump
445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/19/17 , edited 1/22/17
ur right tho donald keeps playin the media time and time again. everytime something happens he distracts us with something else.
39169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/19/17 , edited 1/22/17

mxdan wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:

You know who definitely will NOT get a press pass....



Weren't you going off the other day about how the 1st amendment is dead?

Isn't barring one of the biggest media conglomerates from press access because you disagree with how they conduct news the very same thing?


It could very well be - IF. If Trump didn't give press passes to all of the news agencies that said bad things about him (over and over and over), it could definitely be seen that way. I would see it that way. However, if it's only CNN that didn't get a pass, and WaPo, NYT, MSNBC, etc etc, still got passes, then it's not. CNN can get copies of the video tape from one of the other news services and work from that. The only thing CNN would lose out on would be a chance to ask a question.

I think what Trump wanted to do was to get a bigger Press venue, so that he could include the alternative news agencies, like Info Wars, Breitbart, etc, etc, in the press conferences. The major news agencies wanted to maintain their monopoly of asking the president questions, so they complained loudly about it.

Trump says, "Oh. They're complaining about it. O.K. we'll keep it small, but it won't be the same crowd that will get to get in all of the time." (Or words to that effect) I think what this will do will be for the news agencies to change their minds and go for the larger venue, so that they can get their guaranteed press passes, while giving up their monopoly of asking the president questions.

Or maybe he was teasing. The venue will still change to the larger one, but he said that just to yank on their tails, as it were.

But if he really does keep to the smaller venue, I will be shocked if CNN wasn't one of the ones that didn't get a press pass for the first press conference.
25508 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Imouto Sanctuary
Offline
Posted 1/19/17 , edited 1/22/17
Do we really want a president who denies on site coverage to certain group due to bias? Come on, this is some real fake news bullshit you guys have been raving about.
39169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/19/17 , edited 1/22/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Do we really want a president who denies on site coverage to certain group due to bias? Come on, this is some real fake news bullshit you guys have been raving about.


I don't think it would be a permanent ban. I think the idea he was putting forward is this, press passes would be granted in a lottery, and not a permanent assignment. So, now, instead of having a permanent press pass. The press pass is only good for one press conference. So, that means, almost any journalist from any news agency will be able to attend the press conference.

They should have accepted the larger venue. They would have kept their permanent press passes, at the cost of having to give up their monopoly of asking questions.
15957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/19/17 , edited 1/22/17
I'm just glad that in a few hours we'll know and stop speculating about whether or not the press gets a pass on this.
Posted 1/19/17 , edited 1/22/17
Trump needs CNN to rag on like Obama did with Fox
Posted 1/19/17 , edited 1/22/17
He should make the press play musical chairs for a spot. That would be great to watch. and we can bet on it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.