First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Which world leader does Trump most remind you of?
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/24/17

XxNaruTheNarcissistxX wrote:

Ad hominem. Next!


You seem to require a dictionary.
Ad hominem would mean that I insulted you directly. I insulted your stance, not you as a person. Your stance is idealistic and lacks any substantial evidence correlating to your claims. For example, I could say something along the lines of:

"When Kanye West is President in 2020, we're going to see a 15% growth (at least), terrorists are all going to make treaties with the Wu-Tang Clan and come to peace with the United States of America, and everyone will be making at least $250,000 per year. Then people won't even be thinking about how absurd it is to have Kanye as POTUS!"

That's essentially what you said, just replace Kanye with Donald.
12266 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/24/17

XxNaruTheNarcissistxX wrote:


neugenx

"Domestically, Henry Obama is known for his attempted radical changes to the English American Constitution, ushering in the theory of the divine right of kings to England a swath of Executive Orders. Besides asserting the sovereign's supremacy over the Church of England American People, he greatly unconstitutionally expanded royal Executive power during his reign. Charges of treason and heresy were commonly used to quash dissent, and those accused were often executed without a formal trial, by means of bills of attainder drone strike. He achieved many of his political aims through the work of his chief ministers, some of whom were banished or executed when they fell out of his favour."



fixed that for you



http://cdn0.dailydot.com/uploaded/images/original/2016/12/20/Pasted%20image%20at%202016_12_20%2012_12%20PM.png

Nice try there but if you notice Reagan signed a helluvalot more as did W. Bush .
18652 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Los Angeles
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/24/17
Fine. Fair enough. Your Kanye example however, is not "essentially" what I said. I said something realistic while your Kanye example is unrealistically exaggerated.

4% growth (maybe more) is realistic because we used to be at 4% growth. An end to terror attacks (or at least a significant drop) is realistic because it is an enemy with leadership that can be destroyed. Well paying jobs are realistic because we used to have those, or at least for those not in STEM fields because we have lots of VERY good paying STEM jobs
runec 
37199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/24/17

ninjitsuko wrote:
I insulted your stance, not you as a person. Your stance is idealistic and lacks any substantial evidence correlating to your claims. For example, I could say something along the lines of:


To paraphrase Sam Bee: "You're not a dildo. Your IDEAS are a dildo."




XxNaruTheNarcissistxX wrote:
4% growth (maybe more) is realistic because we used to be at 4% growth. An end to terror attacks (or at least a significant drop) is realistic because it is an enemy with leadership that can be destroyed. Well paying jobs are realistic because we used to have those, or at least for those not in STEM fields because we have lots of VERY good paying STEM jobs


Your argument is just "We use to have these things so we totally will again"?

Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/24/17

XxNaruTheNarcissistxX wrote:
Fine. Fair enough. Your Kanye example however, is not "essentially" what I said. I said something realistic while your Kanye example is unrealistically exaggerated.


That was my point, though. The growth was the only realistic measurement you gave in your response that I criticized.

"An end to terrorist attacks" is a bit ideal - even when we (the US, not "Obama") took out Osama Bin Laden, we still realized that there are other terrorist cells that have spawned because of our interaction with foreign countries. The US government has indirectly/directly fueled these organizations over the course of 40 years - trying to empower and manipulate hostile political situations in the Middle East to suit the agenda of the United States (which resulted in organizations like al Qaeda/ISIS/ISIL to form from the Muslim Brotherhood).

STEM positions are good paying jobs but it's a difficult arena to get into because of the "old guards" keeping their coats warmed up and not letting in youngsters right out of college. As I've mentioned in the past, Trump is focusing on blue-collar positions (which excludes STEM). If/when Trump realizes that the vast majority of college students (and those between 20-35) aren't working with their hands or in manufacturing plants he'll have to readjust his stance on the job market or just ignore that demographic entirely (seeing as it's the blue collar that won him the election...).

Keep in mind your statement was "everyone actually has a good paying job". STEM is suffering, so are blue-collar positions, and even entry level positions (fast food is playing with the idea of automation as we speak, even Wal*Mart has an app that lets you pay for your goods without even looking at a cashier/cash register/self-checkout...) are having issues.

This is why I said your comment was "cute". It's not wholly impossible but it's quite idealistic for these parts to "come together" under one Presidency, no matter how many terms.

9614 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Behind you!
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/24/17
I was going to put in a picture, but the results where kind of gross so I would just say...

Trump reminds me of the backside of a baboon.
1. Red-ish orange skin
2. Weird tufts of hair curling over the cheeks
3. He comes off as a pompous ass gaining attention, female baboons butts turn red when in heat to attract the attention of males.

Opinion can change, provided Trump actually changes things instead of being that pompous ass he reminds of.
30366 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/24/17
Hitler imo
atleap 
4836 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Way North
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/24/17
I'll stay away from the regulars(Hitler etc) and rather go for which U.S President he reminds me most of. Not because they're completely similar but they can soon share a common place in history, if my predictions are correct.

Ulysses S. Grant. The first and only(until Trump came along) President with no prior political background and 'expertise' who challenged the establishment and flipped the US on its head back in the day. He had good intentions for the country, but due to his incompetence, corruption boomed and became a huge problem for the entire nation, marking some of the biggest scandals in US Presidency. He was one of the worst Presidents in history, and I guess that's what he kind of reminds me of.

Or at least, what I think he'll end up as. Dude couldn't even have named Grant as a President if he had 44 tries.
48496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/24/17
qwueri 
21939 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/24/17
I hope I'm very wrong on this one.
1354 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / Ireland
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/24/17
Hahaha I was going to say the same thing!
relt95 
1579 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/24/17
Seto Kaiba

Rich, brash, owns a huge corporation, got a loan of one million dollars from his father and turned it into a vast fortune, etc.

runec 
37199 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/24/17

qwueri wrote:
I hope I'm very wrong on this one.


You're off, but not by much.




11301 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Abyss
Online
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/24/17

Cameronrupek101 wrote:

Hitler and Mussolini are bit exaggerated. He isn't racist, he just says stupid shit from time to time


Something to think about though...

1) Lügenpresse (Lying press)
2) Military Marches
3) Cutting of the Fine Arts
4) Manipulative

These are things fascist countries often do and did. Cutting off the press as lying is a road to state media. Military marches... Well N. Korea, Russia, China and Nazi Germany are some of the ones that come to mind. Fine Arts cutting often helps cut down on new or unique ways of thinking that the State may not enjoy. The last speaks for itself.

Trump has said all of this. It worries me.

Edit: More to the list

5) Caucasian master race
6) In Gods Name (With Gods help)
1695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/24/17

XxNaruTheNarcissistxX wrote:


neugenx

"Domestically, Henry Obama is known for his attempted radical changes to the English American Constitution, ushering in the theory of the divine right of kings to England a swath of Executive Orders. Besides asserting the sovereign's supremacy over the Church of England American People, he greatly unconstitutionally expanded royal Executive power during his reign. Charges of treason and heresy were commonly used to quash dissent, and those accused were often executed without a formal trial, by means of bills of attainder drone strike. He achieved many of his political aims through the work of his chief ministers, some of whom were banished or executed when they fell out of his favour."



fixed that for you


You are a very patient man. Very well edited though, I think it's a bit lenient for the severity of Obama's crimes.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.