First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
can we stop talkin about politics?
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/21/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:
Words evolve to mean more than what they originally meant.


Exactly


Amyas_Leigh wrote:
When it gets used by conservative types it is making fun of the tumblr landwhales that are self diagnosed bipolar dragonkin that actually use the clinical term to describe their current feelings.
Doesn't exactly carry the same weight when you say conservatives are 'triggered'.


Carries to same weight when the vast majority of "triggered" conservatives fit the same description you've listed here, ironically (sans Tumblr dragonkins). When people get butt hurt over their political/social views being ignored, that's basically the evolution as "triggered" - it applies to both political parties nowadays. You should check out some centralist forums/subreddits - they get a good laugh out of triggered conservatives (much like you probably get out of triggered liberals).
14546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/21/17
Your asking both parties involved (and I would like to note it's pretty much the same people), the OP's and the Responders to cease their preferred entertainment and imo that's not really possible because they both love it so much that they can't help themselves. Tbh your pretty much asking the impossible or close to it, it'll end when they both grow tired and they find new ways to keep themselves from being bored. You could always make thread about things you wanna talk about, that's an option. Or just ignore.
1595 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada, Toronto
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/22/17
You sound suspicious. You said that you are here to watch sport anime and enjoy yourself but that have nothing to do with political discussion. You also said that anime fans are not allowed to talk about their political opinions and that they should talk about "pikachu like the good ol days".
Revolver Dogelot
73247 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / somewhere that is...
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/21/17
Thread looks fine to me, not doing anything to it.

PS: You want to know what triggers me? The word "triggered". Seriously it is a made up word for lazy people all so they wouldn't have to type "Man, they got pissed off."

In other news, no, real conservatives don't get "triggered". Being conservative, by definition, means you don't react in an extreme manner.
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/21/17
I don't get it it's not like your forced to read a thread you click it? there are forums that say anime go there if
the general thread bugs you. same old song and dance
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/21/17

MADIBABY wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

Get off of Crunchyroll and find something else to do! There not going to stop with the politics just because you are tired of it!


damn triggered conservatives


Says the one who wrote that long ass rant lol.
578 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/21/17
Politics determine if Japan continues to exist and not be turned into North Korean Swiss Cheese. Sorry, my anime depends on politics.
445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/22/17
THIS FORUM WAS A MISTAKE
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/21/17

ninjitsuko wrote:


Amyas_Leigh wrote:
Words evolve to mean more than what they originally meant.


Exactly


Amyas_Leigh wrote:
When it gets used by conservative types it is making fun of the tumblr landwhales that are self diagnosed bipolar dragonkin that actually use the clinical term to describe their current feelings.
Doesn't exactly carry the same weight when you say conservatives are 'triggered'.


Carries to same weight when the vast majority of "triggered" conservatives fit the same description you've listed here, ironically (sans Tumblr dragonkins). When people get butt hurt over their political/social views being ignored, that's basically the evolution as "triggered" - it applies to both political parties nowadays. You should check out some centralist forums/subreddits - they get a good laugh out of triggered conservatives (much like you probably get out of triggered liberals).


Conservatives don't get triggered, because we don't riot against democracy and beat the shit out of people for disagreeing with us like libs do. THAT'S being triggered!
445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/22/17

johnnymcool wrote:


MADIBABY wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

Get off of Crunchyroll and find something else to do! There not going to stop with the politics just because you are tired of it!


damn triggered conservatives


Says the one who wrote that long ass rant lol.


it was a half ass half kidding rant i really dont care lmaooooooo. why r yall getting so like??? not angry but like defensive??

12145 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/21/17

redokami wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

So? They act exactly the same, who cares what side the term was originally going to insult?


because itsnot exactly insulting, its like calling a white person the N word


Sorry but as ninjitsuko said, the term really does not have any partisan meaning at its core.

Besides, I'm pretty sure we can all agree that the republicans who feel threatened by the motherfucking lego movie are some awfully triggered little snowflakes.
578 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/21/17

MADIBABY wrote:

THIS FORUM WAS A MISTAKE


We should make our own forum. With blackjack and plushies.
445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/21/17
you should respect both conservatives and liberals regardless. just because we have different views doesnt mean we are any differnet. we both believe in good just have different views on what is good or not. stop dividing us and hating on certain groups of people based on small examples that very few people make. stop stereotyping and stop fighting.
445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/21/17
it is so easy to get caught up in poltics and divide eachother. just be a decent human being and be kind. it shouldnt matter if you are conservative or liberal. as long as you believe in good for all respectful people. its really that simple
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M
Offline
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/21/17

MADIBABY wrote:


johnnymcool wrote:


MADIBABY wrote:


qualeshia3 wrote:

Get off of Crunchyroll and find something else to do! There not going to stop with the politics just because you are tired of it!


damn triggered conservatives


Says the one who wrote that long ass rant lol.


it was a half ass half kidding rant i really dont care lmaooooooo. why r yall getting so like??? not angry but like defensive??



Because you are talking shit? "Don't start no shit, won't be no shit."
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.