First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply can we stop talkin about politics?
10938 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 1/20/17

derpcat12 wrote:

But seriously why are we talking about politics on an anime sight?


I do it because my schedule often means I fall behind on seasonal anime and thus avoid the anime discussions for fear of spoilers until I get caught up. That and creative corner isnt busy enough. If it got more traffic I would definitely spend less time in GD.
445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/20/17

derpcat12 wrote:

But seriously why are we talking about politics on an anime sight?


idk because none of us have actual friends ..... this forum was a mistakeeee
20661 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / Gravity Falls
Offline
Posted 1/20/17

octorockandroll wrote:


derpcat12 wrote:

But seriously why are we talking about politics on an anime sight?


I do it because my schedule often means I fall behind on seasonal anime and thus avoid the anime discussions for fear of spoilers until I get caught up. That and creative corner isnt busy enough. If it got more traffic I would definitely spend less time in GD.


Ooh! I guess I never thought about the spoilers!
20661 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / F / Gravity Falls
Offline
Posted 1/20/17

MADIBABY wrote:


derpcat12 wrote:

But seriously why are we talking about politics on an anime sight?


idk because none of us have actual friends ..... this forum was a mistakeeee


If you say so...
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/20/17

derpcat12 wrote:

But seriously why are we talking about politics on an anime sight?


Because madibaby brings it up?
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/20/17

shugotenshi-atm wrote:

Johnny, that isn't very constructive, now is it? Anecdotes of people being offended doesn't really prove anything.


I'm just doing what he's doing.
Posted 1/20/17

johnnymcool wrote:

Conservatives don't get triggered, because we don't riot against democracy and beat the shit out of people for disagreeing with us like libs do. THAT'S being triggered!


Of course they don't.
Reality is that both sides are equally as irrational when it comes to someone being elected that doesn't correlate to their political beliefs. Modern day (2017) just has more social liberals (Democrats and Independents alike) and tensions are higher.

The word "triggered" is silly on its own - since it's basically just a word that's shifted in usage recently as an insult/reaction to negative stimulus. However, in terms of people overreacting, getting all "special snowflake", and freaking out...it is a clear tie between conservatives and liberals.
445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/20/17

johnnymcool wrote:


derpcat12 wrote:

But seriously why are we talking about politics on an anime sight?


Because madibaby brings it up?


i think she means poltics on the site in general. im quite sure im not responsbible for every political forum on this website haha...
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/20/17

MADIBABY wrote:


johnnymcool wrote:


MADIBABY wrote:


johnnymcool wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:


redokami wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

So? They act exactly the same, who cares what side the term was originally going to insult?


because itsnot exactly insulting, its like calling a white person the N word


Sorry but as ninjitsuko said, the term really does not have any partisan meaning at its core.

Besides, I'm pretty sure we can all agree that the republicans who feel threatened by the motherfucking lego movie are some awfully triggered little snowflakes.


Like this?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVOeyB9ljJs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPJcmot3oCM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPJcmot3oCM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLEmw4VTpBA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuqTbHV7Eh0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6apoIaj9V8



it doesnt matter what videos you link, because there are always gonna be conserves who do the same thing. youre stereotyping a whole side based on few peoples actions, you cant do that pal!!! i could go ahead and search some tomi lahren and such examples of "triggered conservatives" but it doesnt matter. theres gonna be good conserves, theres gonna be bad ones. theres gonna be good liberals, theres gonna be bad ones. when you have a huge group of people, theres always gonna be saints and theres always gonna be dickheads. but you can stereotype and base your views on a whole group of peoples views from dumb videos on the internet.



Yeah, but there are a LOT more videos and evidence of that coming from libs than conservatives. Like I said, when the right doesn't get their way, they don't beat the shit out of homeless, women, and the elderly. And stereotypes exist for a reason, because they contain a grain of truth in them.


no there really isnt!! youre just biased!! most liberals dont do that either. but ive seen a few conserves who has! just stop stereotyping, it doesnt matter. stereotypes dont have any truth, youre just being stubborn, i dont know what else to tall you


I'M biased? I'M being stubborn? Stereotypes have NO TRUTH in them? Not at all? You have no idea what you are talking about if that's what you believe.
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/20/17

MADIBABY wrote:


johnnymcool wrote:


derpcat12 wrote:

But seriously why are we talking about politics on an anime sight?


Because madibaby brings it up?


i think she means poltics on the site in general. im quite sure im not responsbible for every political forum on this website haha...


Like Morgan Freeman said "If you want to end racism, stop talking about it." Now replace the word race with politics and voila!
445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/20/17


no there really isnt!! youre just biased!! most liberals dont do that either. but ive seen a few conserves who has! just stop stereotyping, it doesnt matter. stereotypes dont have any truth, youre just being stubborn, i dont know what else to tall you


I'M biased? I'M being stubborn? Stereotypes have NO TRUTH in them? Not at all? You have no idea what you are talking about if that's what you believe.


yes you really are! stereotypes really do have no truth and they are unnecessary and just a dumb excuse/reason so people can hate on groups of people, such as race, political party, sex, etc. please tell me some stereotypes that have some 100% truth in them!! id love to hear...
445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/20/17

johnnymcool wrote:


MADIBABY wrote:


johnnymcool wrote:


derpcat12 wrote:

But seriously why are we talking about politics on an anime sight?


Because madibaby brings it up?


i think she means poltics on the site in general. im quite sure im not responsbible for every political forum on this website haha...


Like Morgan Freeman said "If you want to end racism, stop talking about it." Now replace the word race with politics and voila!


i get what the quote is saying, but when something is a huge problem, you cant just simply IGNORE it. because the only way for it to work would be if everyone in the entire world ignored it, it would just be nonexsistent. but everyone arent gonna ignore it lmao,,, because its something that impacts theres life . also you cant just get "end politics"......politics is what basically run this country.........not sure what youre getting at haha
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 1/20/17

MADIBABY wrote:



no there really isnt!! youre just biased!! most liberals dont do that either. but ive seen a few conserves who has! just stop stereotyping, it doesnt matter. stereotypes dont have any truth, youre just being stubborn, i dont know what else to tall you


I'M biased? I'M being stubborn? Stereotypes have NO TRUTH in them? Not at all? You have no idea what you are talking about if that's what you believe.


yes you really are! stereotypes really do have no truth and they are unnecessary and just a dumb excuse/reason so people can hate on groups of people, such as race, political party, sex, etc. please tell me some stereotypes that have some 100% truth in them!! id love to hear...


Dude, I never said they have 100% truth in them. I said they "have a grain of truth." And you are incorrect that they have no truth. You can tell me the earth is flat, but it's not, no matter how much you don't want to here it.
Posted 1/20/17 , edited 1/20/17

MADIBABY wrote:

yes you really are! stereotypes really do have no truth and they are unnecessary and just a dumb excuse/reason so people can hate on groups of people, such as race, political party, sex, etc. please tell me some stereotypes that have some 100% truth in them!! id love to hear...


"Shit stinks." That's a stereotype
445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
15 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/20/17

johnnymcool wrote:


MADIBABY wrote:



no there really isnt!! youre just biased!! most liberals dont do that either. but ive seen a few conserves who has! just stop stereotyping, it doesnt matter. stereotypes dont have any truth, youre just being stubborn, i dont know what else to tall you


I'M biased? I'M being stubborn? Stereotypes have NO TRUTH in them? Not at all? You have no idea what you are talking about if that's what you believe.



yes you really are! stereotypes really do have no truth and they are unnecessary and just a dumb excuse/reason so people can hate on groups of people, such as race, political party, sex, etc. please tell me some stereotypes that have some 100% truth in them!! id love to hear...


Dude, I never said they have 100% truth in them. I said they "have a grain of truth." And you are incorrect that they have no truth. You can tell me the earth is flat, but it's not, no matter how much you don't want to here it.

okay well thats what i meant, sorry. tell me some stereotypes that have a GRAIN OF TRUTH in them.....please go on . since you know
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.