First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply What type of foods do you eat to stay healthy?
520 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / O / Massachusetts, USA
Offline
Posted 1/24/17
I usually eat unhealthy garbage but once in a while I like to make fancy cold cut sandwich wraps made with a wide variety of random vegetables and occasional fruit to give the illusion that I'm a healthy wealthy person.
1146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 1/24/17
I have terrible eating habits but I love fruit and I try to eat my fair share of vegetables. I also love peanut butter and peanuts so I get protein. XD

It's so hard to stay away from pizza and Chinese food!
19308 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 1/24/17 , edited 1/24/17
I cook often, so that's what I eat. Just made some beef stew today. I also eat a lot of salads. Yes, I like to throw in some Trader Joe's tempura chicken (minus sauce) in with the salad, but the majority of the salad are all healthy vegetables, so, I make some effort.

The hardest part about eating healthy is the time involved in preparing food. It takes 2 seconds to put a TV dinner in my lunch bag for work, but it takes a good 15 minutes to prepare a salad. I spent a good hour last night peeling potatoes, chopping carrots and peeling/chopping celery last night for the beef stew I finished cooking overnight.
711 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Tower of Barbs
Offline
Posted 1/24/17
Lately I've been adding salads into my meals and eat less cheese and certain meats.

I've also been drinking plenty of water. I was a huge coke addict back then.
36085 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / San Diego, CA
Offline
Posted 1/24/17 , edited 1/24/17
I never cook with oil and put most things in a small oven.
Weekdays it's usually Chicken and brown rice or any kind of wheat bread along with fruits and vegetables and water or zero calorie/sugar tea.

Sundays anything goes lol except for soda or alcohol and dairy (lactose). It's my day to pig out and eat anything I've been craving.
43742 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Houston, Texas
Offline
Posted 1/24/17
Pizza!!

Anything I want really, can't seem to put any weight on
I used to drink 3000 cal shakes to add weight and even
that didn't help..
213815 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Antique bookshop
Offline
Posted 1/24/17
cabbage
7239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / F / California
Offline
Posted 1/24/17
I cook my own food everyday, mostly Japanese or Korean food, I seldom eat out. I don't eat red meat much, mostly just eat fish, chicken, and a lot of tofu (I love tofu!). I also eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables. I eat tons of Kimchi, and I drink Matcha everyday. Both is loaded with vitamins and anti-oxidants that could prevent cancer. I try to drink 3 L of water each day (about 12.5 cups).

My weakness is sweets and desserts. I have sweet tooth and I love to bake, a dangerous combination But I offset it by working out everyday, also doing Yoga, Kendo, biking, and swimming, so I can keep my healthy weight.
3225 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / F
Offline
Posted 1/29/17

Vegetables, fruits and food that has high fiber. You can also eat meat in a right amount not too much meat.
18866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / outer wall, level...
Offline
Posted 1/29/17
sweet potato. spinach.
7450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / One of the few lo...
Offline
Posted 1/29/17 , edited 1/29/17

qwueri wrote:

I eat what I feel like, which is typically to keep my system in balance. Too much grease and sugar without a balance of fruit and veggies and I start to feel like crap.


That's funny, since fruit and veggies are made up of a lot of naturally occuring sugars depending on what kinds you are eating. IN general this applies to almost all of them. Almost

Really, all that you are doing that is helping you when you feel you have eaten too much grease and sugar is you are supplementing your diet with non-soluble fibre from the veggies and some fruits. (Veggies have more fibre generally, and usually less sugars, where as fruit is the opposite.)

So essentially you are saying you eat fruit and veggies when you haven't gotten enough fibre, because here is the hilarious part.

All carbs that are not non-soluble fibre, are sugar. Just long chain sugars is all. So that bread you might be eating. Almost pure sugar except for the tiny amounts of fibre.

The chocolate milk you might enjoy is almost pure sugars as well.

Grease was never your problem. 2 things in the world make your sphincter work. 1 is grease, the other is fibre. Everything else is just nutrients for your body to use or store away for use later. (fat)

Eating grease doesn't make you fat... per se. If you want more info on all of this, look up low carb diets. I am currently on one and must say that while I never thought it would work, here I am 12 kg lighter without having to severely alter my lifestyle aside from what I eat a year later.

Not anything spectacular if you think of it in terms of time spent losing weight, but when you include that I am eating only foods I like that have almost no soluble carbs (long chain sugars) or sugar itself, and not increasing the amount of excercise I do, which has almost always been almost nothing at all.... Well you can probably see why 12kg or 25~lbs of pure fat loss over time is pretty incredible. Not water weight, like so many diets only manage to help you lose....

And before anyone tries to tell me that eating lots of fruit is healthy... tell that to Steve Jobs. I'm sure he would have lots to tell you about how he was a dumb fucker who tried to cure cancer with fruit smoothies...... Just saiyan....
qwueri 
22866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / TN
Offline
Posted 1/29/17

CrownedSonofFire wrote:

That's funny, since fruit and veggies are made up of a lot of naturally occuring sugars depending on what kinds you are eating. IN general this applies to almost all of them. Almost

Really, all that you are doing that is helping you when you feel you have eaten too much grease and sugar is you are supplementing your diet with non-soluble fibre from the veggies and some fruits. (Veggies have more fibre generally, and usually less sugars, where as fruit is the opposite.)

So essentially you are saying you eat fruit and veggies when you haven't gotten enough fibre, because here is the hilarious part.

All carbs that are not non-soluble fibre, are sugar. Just long chain sugars is all. So that bread you might be eating. Almost pure sugar except for the tiny amounts of fibre.

The chocolate milk you might enjoy is almost pure sugars as well.

Grease was never your problem. 2 things in the world make your sphincter work. 1 is grease, the other is fibre. Everything else is just nutrients for your body to use or store away for use later. (fat)

Eating grease doesn't make you fat... per se. If you want more info on all of this, look up low carb diets. I am currently on one and must say that while I never thought it would work, here I am 12 kg lighter without having to severely alter my lifestyle aside from what I eat a year later.

Not anything spectacular if you think of it in terms of time spent losing weight, but when you include that I am eating only foods I like that have almost no soluble carbs (long chain sugars) or sugar itself, and not increasing the amount of excercise I do, which has almost always been almost nothing at all.... Well you can probably see why 12kg or 25~lbs of pure fat loss over time is pretty incredible. Not water weight, like so many diets only manage to help you lose....

And before anyone tries to tell me that eating lots of fruit is healthy... tell that to Steve Jobs. I'm sure he would have lots to tell you about how he was a dumb fucker who tried to cure cancer with fruit smoothies...... Just saiyan....


Yeah, I generalized high fructose corn syrup as "sugars". Did you have a point in quoting me for any of that?

7450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / One of the few lo...
Offline
Posted 1/29/17
I eat as much meat, saturated fat, fish, veggies, milk products, nuts and fibre filled snacks as I want, just so long as they....

A. Don't have very many or any carbs.

B. Don't have any added sugar or fake sugar.

C. In total doesn't add up to more than 1850 calories per day. I try to keep my calories coming in lower than my metabolism uses.

I also supplement with vitamin and nutrients in capsule form, but only as a measure to help make sure I am getting the nutrients I am missing from not eating a lot of the ultra fortified bread products out there. (For those who are un-aware, a lot of the carb filled products here in Canada are fortified with a lot of extra nutrients. A good thing... until you take into account the carbs...... and the damage they do.)

What I am doing is following a low carb diet.

To put it simply, Fat and Protein good. Carbs... not so much. In simplest terms, all carbs are sugar unless they are fibre.

Now, there are lots of people out there with a lot of opinions. If you the reader are one of those, please shelve your opinion for a moment.

Please take into consideration that the health sciences agree on this one thing.

Carb based diets lead to your body over storing fat from the foods you eat. This is proven fact for years upon years. It's part of why the low/no fat diets were a huge rage when we were all kids... and still is.

The problem is that people still think Carbs are healthy..... Which in hindsight after learning the truth... is hilarious.... since all carbs are sugar unless they are insoluble carbs. (fibre)

In essence, while they are necessary to be consumed on a small amount... Carbs are the fucking enemy. I say this with conviction after having lost a good 25lbs of body mass over a year having done nothing but change what and how I eat without any extra exercise.

I eat what I want, so long as it doesn't include more carbs than my body can handle, which seems to be a max of about 120g's.

If I were to go down the road of the hardcore keto dieters and keep my carbs down to 30g per day, I could be losing a lot more weight....

but 30g's per day is fucking hard, and almost self punishment at times....

Carbs may be the enemy, but they are in everything and I like to eat.... So no keto, just low carb for me.

------------------

Now, there is a lot more to it than what I have posted, but if you look up the info about keto, just remember that keto is just a more serious form of low-carb. Both are the same diet with different restrictions.

What the rest of you do with your bodies is completely up to you. But, anyone having a hard time keeping the pounds off... give mine a shot. Currently under my baseline weight by 25lbs. Might not sound like a lot, but remember this one thing.

I don't do a single fucking bit of exercise almost any day. I am a lazy as fuck, fuck. So losing weight while not doing fuck all.... seems like a winning diet to me. And no, not water weight. The diet suggests increased water intake to begin with.

Anyways... short and simple. Me and Luffy share the same diet. We both need more meat dammit!

7450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / One of the few lo...
Offline
Posted 1/29/17

qwueri wrote:


CrownedSonofFire wrote:

That's funny, since fruit and veggies are made up of a lot of naturally occuring sugars depending on what kinds you are eating. IN general this applies to almost all of them. Almost

Really, all that you are doing that is helping you when you feel you have eaten too much grease and sugar is you are supplementing your diet with non-soluble fibre from the veggies and some fruits. (Veggies have more fibre generally, and usually less sugars, where as fruit is the opposite.)

So essentially you are saying you eat fruit and veggies when you haven't gotten enough fibre, because here is the hilarious part.

All carbs that are not non-soluble fibre, are sugar. Just long chain sugars is all. So that bread you might be eating. Almost pure sugar except for the tiny amounts of fibre.

The chocolate milk you might enjoy is almost pure sugars as well.

Grease was never your problem. 2 things in the world make your sphincter work. 1 is grease, the other is fibre. Everything else is just nutrients for your body to use or store away for use later. (fat)

Eating grease doesn't make you fat... per se. If you want more info on all of this, look up low carb diets. I am currently on one and must say that while I never thought it would work, here I am 12 kg lighter without having to severely alter my lifestyle aside from what I eat a year later.

Not anything spectacular if you think of it in terms of time spent losing weight, but when you include that I am eating only foods I like that have almost no soluble carbs (long chain sugars) or sugar itself, and not increasing the amount of excercise I do, which has almost always been almost nothing at all.... Well you can probably see why 12kg or 25~lbs of pure fat loss over time is pretty incredible. Not water weight, like so many diets only manage to help you lose....

And before anyone tries to tell me that eating lots of fruit is healthy... tell that to Steve Jobs. I'm sure he would have lots to tell you about how he was a dumb fucker who tried to cure cancer with fruit smoothies...... Just saiyan....


Yeah, I generalized high fructose corn syrup as "sugars". Did you have a point in quoting me for any of that?



Yes, the point was that you think you are doing your body a favor, but really you are just feeding it more of the same crap without realizing it. Figured I would shine the light of truth on that for ya. That's all. Take it how you will.

Please keep in mind that I only share it with you because you are making a mistake that I used to make. (At least a mistake that I only learned was one to begin with because of learning about my current diet.)

In short, Monkey D. Luffy has the right of things. Eat more meat.

7450 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / One of the few lo...
Offline
Posted 1/29/17

Joncaido wrote:

Lately I've been adding salads into my meals and eat less cheese and certain meats.

I've also been drinking plenty of water. I was a huge coke addict back then.


Take this with a grain of salt if you must, but the only change you made there that is worth while is the cutting back of the coke.

More water= good.

Salad= good

Less cheese and meats....= depends on which kinds and how much, but not bad.

No expert here, but our bodies aren't all that different when it comes to how they react to certain things.

If you are looking to lose weight and keep it off, you are already on the right track with the soda pop.

But before you continue down that road, maybe look up some info on low-carb/keto diets. They are considered extreme by some people.... but I personally vouch for their effectiveness.

Just remember these few things.

1. All carbs that are not non-soluble fibre are sugar. All of them. Unless the package says fibre, it's sugar. Example: 12g of carbs in the food, but states that 1g is fibre, then 11g of those carbs are either soluble fibre(long chain sugar known as carbohydrates) or pure sugar itself.

2. Meat and fat is not the enemy. They are just misunderstood friends. Fat gets a bad rap due to how it interacts with carbs in the body. Remove the carbs to almost nil, and fat stops doing things we don't want it to do. Like store itself for winter. Remove carbs, and fat becomes the new fuel source. Keto achieves this spectacularly. Low-carb diet does as well, but at a much lower rate.

3. Depending on certain things like lactose intolerance, milk products and etc like cheese are perfectly fine. Better even than most carb filled foods. Just watch out for added sugars and sweeteners.

4. If it says low fat or low sugar, avoid it. Low fat just has added sugars or sweeteners to make it tasty again. Low sugar usually just replaces all known pure sugar with sweeteners like aspartame. When in doubt, just throw it out.



You may not appreciate me telling you this. You might appreciate it. I have no clue as to which will be the case when you read this.

Just keep this in mind when you reply. I am following this diet and losing weight without having to do extra exercise.

So I must be doing something right.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.