First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Been active here less than 6 months, wondering something
29747 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 1/23/17

Champagne-Supernova wrote:


Ummm scary. O.O



it honestly was o.o
10297 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 1/23/17

aeb0717 wrote:



Been on CR since 2008, always had my sex and age public, yet only a few bona fide creeps have bugged me. Just where on CR have you been hanging, to see all those perverts harassing theoretical young girls ("theoretical," because of how common 20+ year-olds don't list their real ages and sex)? I'm honestly confounded and curious. Is it in the RPG gaming section, or something?

Anyway; all you can do is report. CR users are from all over the world. Police officers in, let's say, Switzerland, aren't on call to respond to CR harassment.


I once had a "female" character on CR for the lols a while ago. Didn't post much, but never really had an issue. Sure I had people flirt with me but that was about it. Same went for a lot of online games. Back when I played RuneScape I made my character a girl to see if a girl I was sweet on at the time really was right about how men acted to high level/rich female characters...

The verdict? A metric ton of flirting. I learned how easy it was to catfish. I do know a good few people on CR are also "catfish" (aka men who have a female character.) I can name 7 CR'ers that have changed their gender at least once. I wont due to name and shame etc etc. The only time I ever had anything remotely rapey happen to me was with a gay friend who became infatuated with me. He found out I lived a few hours from him and decided to find where I was and say hey.

Scary, no fun and all. I imagine it happening to girls a good bit... but a lot of the time I just think its trolls. Maybe people really are that thirsty... but I don't run into them... female persona or not.

PS. On online games w/o gender I often get mistaken as a girl. It got bad enough on League of Legends I had to make a dischord account just to voice chat to prove I am a male. I really got tired of people being so damn kind to me and afraid to talk shit with me. WAY TOO BLOODY POLITE! Even if I was a girl I would probably enjoy talking shit.
7146 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 1/23/17 , edited 1/23/17
First, report it to the mods. Part of their job is dealing with harassment and ensuring a safe place.

Second, where is this occurring? I assume through PMs but where on CR do you frequent to attract these creepers. I have been on CR boards a while, am not much older than you, and have gotten like one creepy message. And it wasn't even from PV. Maybe my avatar gives off the vibe of 'no bs accepted'.
Posted 1/23/17
It would be nice to have a Block User Function in the settings so you only have to deal with that creep once.
Posted 1/23/17

Jackalope82 wrote:

It would be nice to have a Block User Function in the settings so you only have to deal with that creep once.


Yeah and then they make side accounts to harass you. Look, I NEED a list of all mods. ASAP. Important. Urgent.
11766 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 1/23/17 , edited 1/23/17

Champagne-Supernova wrote:


Jackalope82 wrote:

It would be nice to have a Block User Function in the settings so you only have to deal with that creep once.


Yeah and then they make side accounts to harass you. Look, I NEED a list of all mods. ASAP. Important. Urgent.


Off the top of my head there's lorreen who seems to be the most frequently active and Makoto Kamui. Other than that I'm not sure.
21428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Leanbox, Gameindu...
Offline
Posted 1/23/17 , edited 1/23/17

MysticGon wrote:


Champagne-Supernova wrote:

Been here less than a year, about 5 months of that have been active, and I have noticed something bad.


Guys here... they tend to expect girls to have sex with them. I have seen countless pervy creeps around. Hell, I have been attacked myself about 9 times in under two months by losers. I see these pathetic creeps getting away with this, and I wonder why. Explain why these lowlife losers are getting away with breaking the PG-13 rule constantly, even LISTING that they only have an account here for sex. I see them attacking THIRTEEN year old girls, even 16 year olds too. I even have seen some freaks into ILLEGAL crap like incest, beastiality, stalking, rape, etc! I have seen some of these people create MULTIPLE accounts to surround these poor girls. Why are mods doing NOTHING to stop this activity? Girls are being found by creeps with NO connection to them! I would know. Its been happening to me. It's beyond creepy. They ask for KiK or some other form of offline contact within hours of knowing you too!


The fuck? Had no idea this was a problem here. Report it to a Moderator so those persons can be dealt with.


Same, me neither.
It's a shame this type of crap has made its way onto this forum board. People should be able to enjoy in sharing our love for anime without having to deal with losers using it as a tool to harass people.

I suggest OP takes screenshots and forward them on to moderators to get these creeps IP banned, if necessary.

As for mods, the only one I really see around here on a regular basis is Lorreen, probably your best bet.
Posted 1/23/17

octorockandroll wrote:


Champagne-Supernova wrote:


Jackalope82 wrote:

It would be nice to have a Block User Function in the settings so you only have to deal with that creep once.


Yeah and then they make side accounts to harass you. Look, I NEED a list of all mods. ASAP. Important. Urgent.


Off the top of my head there's lorreen who seems to be the most frequently active and Makoto Kamui. Other than that I'm not sure.


Thank you, if you remember anyone else, please tell me. Its bad. I need them badly. Not for me, for someone else.
1415 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/23/17 , edited 1/23/17

MysticGon wrote:


Champagne-Supernova wrote:

Been here less than a year, about 5 months of that have been active, and I have noticed something bad.


Guys here... they tend to expect girls to have sex with them. I have seen countless pervy creeps around. Hell, I have been attacked myself about 9 times in under two months by losers. I see these pathetic creeps getting away with this, and I wonder why. Explain why these lowlife losers are getting away with breaking the PG-13 rule constantly, even LISTING that they only have an account here for sex. I see them attacking THIRTEEN year old girls, even 16 year olds too. I even have seen some freaks into ILLEGAL crap like incest, beastiality, stalking, rape, etc! I have seen some of these people create MULTIPLE accounts to surround these poor girls. Why are mods doing NOTHING to stop this activity? Girls are being found by creeps with NO connection to them! I would know. Its been happening to me. It's beyond creepy. They ask for KiK or some other form of offline contact within hours of knowing you too!


The fuck? Had no idea this was a problem here. Report it to a Moderator so those persons can be dealt with.


Yeah, I never realized anyone was having this kind of issue either. I mean, yeah, I've seen a few pervy comments on occasion, but it's usually PV or someone else just joking around.


zangeif123 wrote:


Champagne-Supernova wrote:

To all those saying "report to mods" I HAVE, and they get the pics/tags removed, but no ban.


I've noticed CR is pretty lax on the banning. I had a completely unprovoked attack on me, reported it and they just deleted his posts. And he used some pretty nasty slurs but still no ban. It's the main reason I avoid the Forum Games section. Some of those guys get nasty and it's just not fun.


That actually really surprises me. I mostly inhabit the general discussion forums here, and I regularly see people banned, especially the ones who post in political threads a lot. Quite often, it's for things I consider trivial, even if they are being rude. I'm shocked that someone wouldn't get a ban for legitimate sexual harassment.
One Punch Mod
104459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 1/23/17 , edited 1/23/17

Champagne-Supernova wrote:
Thank you, if you remember anyone else, please tell me. Its bad. I need them badly. Not for me, for someone else.


As you have already been advised, using the PM Block User feature is a good first response. You can also use the Report to Moderators feature, which I know you have also done. It is important, however, that the person being bothered be the one to submit the report. It's simply neither efficient nor very ethical for us to try to manage such things based on hearsay.

I also want to say, that I'm sorry to hear that you and a few others you know have been bothered in this way. While we do hear of such activities occasionally, we honestly do not receive very many reports of it, which suggests either that you are very unlucky to be running into it so much, or that others who encounter it find it less troublesome than you do.
One Punch Mod
104459 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 1/23/17 , edited 1/23/17

foraslan wrote:

That actually really surprises me. I mostly inhabit the general discussion forums here, and I regularly see people banned, especially the ones who post in political threads a lot. Quite often, it's for things I consider trivial, even if they are being rude. I'm shocked that someone wouldn't get a ban for legitimate sexual harassment.


Activities in the forum are something that moderators can easily verify to take action on. However, out of respect for user privacy, moderators do not have direct access to private messages. Because of this Crunchyroll provides a way for users to, themselves, essentially ban specific users from PMing them.

We encourage users to use this "Block User" feature if someone attempts to start sexual, or other unwanted conversation with them via PM.

You can add users to your Block List here: https://www.crunchyroll.com/acct?action=inbox

This is not to say we do nothing if we receive reports--we do log that information and we do contact, warn, and ban people if we see that there is a clear pattern of inappropriate behavior that we are able to verify.
9525 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / The Void
Offline
Posted 1/23/17
Well it is a site for anime nerds.

Good job perpetuating the stereotypes, kids.
Humms 
11991 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 1/24/17
Wow. You must love the attention

Or its just really hard being a woman online.

Hmm I know I've said this at one point in time.
24096 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 1/24/17

rokenboker wrote:

Just changed my gender to female, I'll see if I get similar messages.


Please, Rokbenboker, be my imouto!


No but seriously, it sucks to have to hide your gender.
28000 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/24/17
Ive had this problem a year ago. i just ignored them and temporarily set my pms to "on vacation" and it all stopped. Occasionally i'll still get odd pms but i just ignore them and delete them. you CAN block pms from certain people tho. Reporting isnt going to do much. & as another person said they act this way online but in person not at all. Welcome to the internet, its not just on CR but everywhere.
19306 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / San Francisco
Offline
Posted 1/24/17
Had my gender listed as female from Day 1. Use the same female avatar. Never had a problem.

What does this mean, ladies? Slum around in the political topics. Apparently men don't like a women who can think for herself.

Just kidding. Maybe.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.