First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Poll ranks male japanese college students' favourite Final Fantasy girls to have as girlfriends
runec 
37215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/26/17 , edited 1/27/17

Adjacent-Taurus wrote:
I take it you're not a fan of the genki girl archetype.


Oh lord I didn't know the trope had a specific name.
7307 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / CA
Offline
Posted 1/26/17 , edited 1/27/17
Probably worked out this way because the men taking these types of polls are probably the "herbivore" type, makes me glad my top pick isn't on there
12115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 1/26/17 , edited 1/27/17

Damien27 wrote:

Probably worked out this way because the men taking these types of polls are probably the "herbivore" type, makes me glad my top pick isn't on there


"herbivore type"?

What's your top pick?
4937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/26/17 , edited 1/27/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Lightning is beautifully designed, but she is one of the worst.

Where my girl Lulu?


Took the words right out of my mouth!!
runec 
37215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/26/17 , edited 1/27/17
12115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 1/26/17 , edited 1/27/17


That's... kinda odd.

And pretty confusing.

And I think a little self contradictory

And I think a bit different than the guys in this are seeing as they got Tifa (one of the most often sexualised characters in the whole series) at number 3.

runec 
37215 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/27/17 , edited 1/27/17

octorockandroll wrote:
And I think a bit different than the guys in this are seeing as they got Tifa (one of the most often sexualised characters in the whole series) at number 3.


That image is looks like a bad magazine cover photoshop. It's actually a little bit creepy. >.>

Wait, the head looks like it was shopped on. IS this a badly photoshopped magazine cover?


30370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 1/27/17 , edited 1/27/17
Yuna best girl.
30370 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 1/27/17

octorockandroll wrote:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-01-26/male-college-students-rank-final-fantasy-heroines-as-girlfriends/.111452

This is absolutely offensive.

No, not because of "objectification" or anything, but because these choices suck. I mean, even if we're going to ignore the fact that the best girlfriends would obviously be Rinoa or Garnet, Lightning, the worst FF girl ever, is the top ranked one. There are so many characters in final fantasy who would make better candidates than Lightning. Even if we only counted those with the vaguely tsundere tendency and sophistication that apparently made Lightning so popular, we would have Beatrix, Terra, Yuffie and more. And those gals didnt even make the top 5.

You dissappoint me, Japan.


You do realise Japan has different tastes right?

FFXIII got 2 sequels because unlike in the west people over there loved the game.


(not accusing you of this) We in the west tend to look at the east's opinions that differ to ours and say that stuff is objectively shit when its very subjective.

FFXIII wasn't a bad game imo it's just not something the west audience had interest in unlike Japan.

The whole you have shit taste because i don't like it thing is overdone and is why most people hate one Lightning and other characters imo.
mxdan 
11420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 1/27/17 , edited 1/27/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Lightning is beautifully designed, but she is one of the worst.

Where my girl Lulu?


Dude!! *Highfives*

Lulu or Quistis for me!
71469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M / Seattle
Offline
Posted 1/27/17
Whoever designed this survey needs to get their heads checked as that just isn't representative restricting this to college students seeing that they only know the recent characters since FF7 and they don't realize that FF6 is where all of the best characters are. Not to mention, FF13 just has way too many characters with personal baggage and while Lightning and Serah are understandable, Vanille most definitely is not. Of course, the options were quite limited for some reason, so there's that as well and as expected, the results are not quite what I would expect to see from this.
24290 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Offline
Posted 1/27/17

Bakaneer wrote:

Whoever designed this survey needs to get their heads checked as that just isn't representative restricting this to college students seeing that they only know the recent characters since FF7 and they don't realize that FF6 is where all of the best characters are. Not to mention, FF13 just has way too many characters with personal baggage and while Lightning and Serah are understandable, Vanille most definitely is not. Of course, the options were quite limited for some reason, so there's that as well and as expected, the results are not quite what I would expect to see from this.


Ah, FF6! Can I marry you?
62147 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / The stars.. too b...
Offline
Posted 1/27/17
You know, I never understood Lightnings popularity in Japan... Is it the gap-moe thing? Anyway, if I had to choose, it would def be Garnet or Yufi...
12115 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 1/27/17

dyme420 wrote:

You know, I never understood Lightnings popularity in Japan... Is it the gap-moe thing? Anyway, if I had to choose, it would def be Garnet or Yufi...


Finally someone else who can appreciate the majesty (literally) of Garnet.
38 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 1/27/17
Faris only got 8th? Quistis wasn't even an option? Agrias was dead last?? This is a travesty. I don't hate that Lightning won but I'm still a little mad.

Also, isn't Eiko like 10?
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.