Post Reply Completed Slice of Life
9 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 1/26/17
Is there a way to view completed anime series on here? If not can anyone tell me some good completed slice of life animes?
7499 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/26/17
pretty good selection right now in the crunchyroll library (here are 3 i liked). 1.Barakamon 2.Non Non Biyori 3.Flying Witch
One Punch Mod
97880 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 1/26/17

Claysburk wrote:

Is there a way to view completed anime series on here? If not can anyone tell me some good completed slice of life animes?


Non Non Biyori is excellent!

What do you mean by "completed?"
9 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 1/27/17
I love Barakamon! Really good. I'll have to check out the others thank you!
9 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 1/27/17

lorreen wrote:


Claysburk wrote:

Is there a way to view completed anime series on here? If not can anyone tell me some good completed slice of life animes?


Non Non Biyori is excellent!

What do you mean by "completed?"


By completed I mean have at least a semblance of an ending like Toradora, and Barakamon giving some conclusiveness. And not like Devil is a part timer! Which didn't really have a conclusion (Although still really good).
mnmike 
22327 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/27/17
A few suggestions then, now that I understand what you mean:

On CR:
Nagi no Asukara (A Lull in the Sea)
Hanasaku Iroha
My Love Story!
Kotoura-San
Kimi ni Todoke
Golden Time
Usagi Drop (not much plot at all here, but the conclusion is satisfying in a "coming to terms with life"sort of way--like Barakamon)


Not on CR:
Clannad
Kimikiss: Pure Rouge
Snow White with the Red Hair
Aishiteruze Baby
One Punch Mod
97880 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 1/27/17

Claysburk wrote:

By completed I mean have at least a semblance of an ending like Toradora, and Barakamon giving some conclusiveness. And not like Devil is a part timer! Which didn't really have a conclusion (Although still really good).


Ah, I see. Well, thenI will say that Non Non Biyori is the sort of slice of life show where that concept doesn't apply, because honestly, there's really no "story" to complete. No real overarching anything. Just the day to day experiences of a few girls in the country. So, it neither leaves you feeling that a story was told that has now ended, nor does it leave you hanging feeling there should be a conclusion that never happened.

In fact, ithe second season of Non Non Biyori doesn't continue where you left off timewise. Instead it just shows other daily events that happened during the same school year as the first season did.

I found it satisfying, but if you are looking for more rising action, falling action, conclusion story, even if in a subdued way, it is not the show for you.
15437 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 1/28/17 , edited 1/28/17
Listen to me, girls, I'm your father! - the anime reaches a satisfactory point to conclude the series, though the light novel series apparently takes the story further.
49826 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
61 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 1/29/17
/amanchu was pretty good.
You must be logged in to post.