Post Reply This song is awesome!
39161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/30/17 , edited 1/30/17
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAqXCF_Afb0

Already had the lyrics translated before... I forgot about that.

But I still want to know who (or what) is the vocalist in this version. (So far, I've found three versions of this song. The first two I found are the Hatsune Miku, and Sachiko vocaloid versions, and now this third version.)

So, who is the vocalist (vocaloid?) singing? Anyone know?
39161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/1/17
Was no one able to recognize the voice of the singer, or which vocaloid it was?
35918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 2/1/17
I took it as a challenge and dug around for a few minutes even though I don't listen to or have any familiarity with vocaloids.

Looks like it's the vocaloid, Mee or Meaw for the duo "she" is usually in: http://www.aminoapps.com/page/vocaloid/6272883/mee
39161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/4/17

iriomote wrote:

I took it as a challenge and dug around for a few minutes even though I don't listen to or have any familiarity with vocaloids.

Looks like it's the vocaloid, Mee or Meaw for the duo "she" is usually in: http://www.aminoapps.com/page/vocaloid/6272883/mee


I think you're right. Thank you!

How were you able to figure that out? Are you one of those people who could hear a pin drop from a thousand meters away? Or is there some kind of technique for figuring stuff like this out that can be learned?
35918 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 2/4/17

DeadlyOats wrote:

I think you're right. Thank you!

How were you able to figure that out? Are you one of those people who could hear a pin drop from a thousand meters away? Or is there some kind of technique for figuring stuff like this out that can be learned?

I have a decent ear, but mostly it was internet sleuthing. Anyone can do it with some practice.

The video description and comments are generally the best place to start, so I used Google to translate. The terms "Meu" and "Mee" appear several times, along with confirmation that the vocals are, in fact, not an actual human. Armed with that knowledge I googled for lists of vocaloids.

I first thought the translation was bad and the commenters actually meant "Mew", but a quick listen to clips of Mew on YouTube told me it wasn't the same voice, and I couldn't find a vocaloid actually named "Meu".

The second potential name was "Mee", who turns up as part of "Meaw", a duet of "Mee" and "Uu" (presumably where the commenters got "Meu" from). I had to listen to clips of a few different Meaw songs to confirm the match, since the lead singer for the duet isn't necessarily always the one from the song you were trying to identify.

The lead singer for the "60th Summer of Love" video on the Meaw description page I linked is remarkably similar. Given that and all the other evidence, I'm rather confident in the match.
39161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/5/17

iriomote wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:

I think you're right. Thank you!

How were you able to figure that out? Are you one of those people who could hear a pin drop from a thousand meters away? Or is there some kind of technique for figuring stuff like this out that can be learned?

I have a decent ear, but mostly it was internet sleuthing. Anyone can do it with some practice.

The video description and comments are generally the best place to start, so I used Google to translate. The terms "Meu" and "Mee" appear several times, along with confirmation that the vocals are, in fact, not an actual human. Armed with that knowledge I googled for lists of vocaloids.

I first thought the translation was bad and the commenters actually meant "Mew", but a quick listen to clips of Mew on YouTube told me it wasn't the same voice, and I couldn't find a vocaloid actually named "Meu".

The second potential name was "Mee", who turns up as part of "Meaw", a duet of "Mee" and "Uu" (presumably where the commenters got "Meu" from). I had to listen to clips of a few different Meaw songs to confirm the match, since the lead singer for the duet isn't necessarily always the one from the song you were trying to identify.

The lead singer for the "60th Summer of Love" video on the Meaw description page I linked is remarkably similar. Given that and all the other evidence, I'm rather confident in the match.


iriomote, music detective. For all of your music mystery sleuthing needs, look no further than Iriomote, music detective.

Thanks, again!
You must be logged in to post.