First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply America vs Japan on Refugees
19951 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 1/30/17 , edited 4/9/17
Japan says it must look after its own before allowing in Syrian refugees, Japan will not allow refugees to even step foot in Japan.


I don't see the lefties up in arms over this wen Japan did it, but Trump said the same thing and he is a monster.


In my opinion Japan is right, Trump is right! We should be fixing are own country first, we have millions of homeless on the street, yet you want us to bring in millions more, increasing are debts, and costing the working class more to maintain those refugees, sum who may indeed be working with ISIS who using the refugees to sneak into America unchecked.


What is your true Opinion on both Japan, and what should we do about refugees in America. Or whatever ever country your in.
13002 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Offline
Posted 1/30/17 , edited 4/9/17
there's only one problem. America was a country founded by immigrants. the whole pillar of the country rests on the freedom of movement, regardless of one's religion or beliefs. Japan has been a isolationist country for centuries and only recently allowed foreigners in.
4309 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 1/30/17 , edited 1/31/17
No, Japan is right, Trump is wrong.

Japan wants to prioritize the welfare of it's people first, not to mention the country be population dense.

Trump doesn't want refugees because they are (mostly I think) Muslim, and/or believes them to be terrorists in disguise.

There has been nothing indicating that we are taking in "millions" of refugees. And for a nation where everyone believes that our national religion is christianity, it seems hypocritical to not help those in need, you know... what the freaking religion encourages everyone to do.

It all comes down to the reasoning. If Trump said "I want to give the homeless a home and treat the sick before we consider taking refugees" I'd be all for it. But no, he chooses a xenophobic route.
48328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 1/30/17 , edited 1/30/17
How many terrorist attacks have been carried out by refugees here in America? How many were homegrown? Do you honestly believe any money saved on refugees will be spent responsibly on homeless, or will they piss it away on a 20b+ wall? Oh yeah, and we were never planning on taking in "millions" of refugees. Nice shitpost.
39161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/30/17 , edited 4/9/17
Europe is just butthurt, because they were magnanimous, and generously let the refugees in. Now Europe is paying the price with crazy terrorist attacks and increased rapes of European women at the hands of these refugees.

They want the United States to share in the pain. To hell with that! Keep them the fuck away from the U.S.A.!
11411 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 1/30/17 , edited 2/1/17
Japan is at a much higher level of overpopulation, does not use an internationally commonly spoken language like english, actually cares for the welfare of its people beyond using it as an excuse not to have to help those in need and was not at all founded on the same principles of inclusion and liberty for all individuals that the US was founded on.

Oh and minor details, but Japan isn't going around shutting its taxpayers out of the country, stealing their money and most likely ruining their careers because of their ethnicity. They are also not treating 5 year old children like terrorists, and using discriminatory acts of terrorism to support their own discrimination. Did it ever occur to you that that may have something to do with why "lefties" (fucking stupid term btw, seeing as it makes it sound like you're generalizing left handed people. Although I suppose thats not much worse than what you are doing) are "up in arms"?
14866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 1/30/17 , edited 1/30/17
Japan is in a very different situation from the USA. They are significantly smaller, don't really participate the same way globally, don't participate the same way in the middle east, have a much different population structure etc.

The situations aren't the same. What is good for a small, historically isolationist nation may not be good for a giant world superpower.
13002 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Offline
Posted 1/30/17 , edited 1/30/17
also: America caused the mess in Syria, while Japan didn't. one has a moral obligation to help people who lost their homes because of the attacks, while the other has no such moral obligation.
35659 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 1/30/17 , edited 1/30/17

DarthRutsula wrote:
There has been nothing indicating that we are taking in "millions" of refugees. And for a nation where everyone believes that our national religion is christianity, it seems hypocritical to not help those in need, you know... what the freaking religion encourages everyone to do.


It's worth noting that most of the groups in the US who help refugees are actually religious organizations. Thus Christian leaders in the US are almost universally opposed to the Muslim ban. With only a few of the usual wind bags in the "gays cause earthquakes and Obama is the anti-Christ" category supporting it.

39161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 1/30/17 , edited 4/10/17

DarthRutsula wrote:

No, Japan is right, Trump is wrong.

Japan wants to prioritize the welfare of it's people first, not to mention the country be population dense.

Trump doesn't want refugees because they are (mostly I think) Muslim, and/or believes them to be terrorists in disguise.

There has been nothing indicating that we are taking in "millions" of refugees. And for a nation where everyone believes that our national religion is christianity, it seems hypocritical to not help those in need, you know... what the freaking religion encourages everyone to do.


You are full of shit! Out of almost fifty (50) Muslim countries in the world, Trump only put the travel ban on seven (7) of those countries. Those countries are the ones that Obama's administration said were state sponsors and exporters of terrorists and terrorism.

Muslims from the remaining forty three (43) Muslim countries can still travel to the United States freely, as long as they have their visas and green cards.

You fall prey to the way the leftist media twists the facts.

Obama actually did what Trump did. In 2014 or 2015 Obama put a six (6) month freeze on refugees from Iraq. Why? Because there was a threat of terrorists trying to sneak into the U.S. as a refugee.


rawratl wrote:

How many terrorist attacks have been carried out by refugees here in America? How many were homegrown? Do you honestly believe any money saved on refugees will be spent responsibly on homeless, or will they piss it away on a 20b+ wall? Oh yeah, and we were never planning on taking in "millions" of refugees. Nice shitpost.


Every country has a problem with homegrown terrorism, but those are far and few between. The U.S. is no different. However, you fail to point out (because it is inconvenient to your argument?) That France, Germany, Belgium, and many other European countries (EU member nations) have suffered from massive terrorist attacks carried out BY THE REFUGEES that turned out to be terrorists! Or that became easily radicalized! (Maybe they missed the sound of gunfire and the sight of carnage. Who knows?)

Then there are the increased rapes of European women in some of these countries, by the - you guessed it - the refugees....

President Donald Trump is wise to keep that crap out of our country.

Hey! If it makes you feel better, your Canadian Prime Minister just enacted some kind of thing where these refugees can go to Canada. I'm sure you'll feel safe not knowing how many of them are sleeper terrorist agents, and how many of them will start raping Canadian women.

Have fun with that!


EDIT: Also, the freeze on travel is not permanent. It is only for 120 days until the State Department puts into place a much more robust vetting system in place to be very sure we are not letting terrorists into the U.S.

The leftist media, however, conveniently forgets to mention those points....
19951 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 1/30/17 , edited 1/31/17

DeadlyOats wrote:


DarthRutsula wrote:

No, Japan is right, Trump is wrong.

Japan wants to prioritize the welfare of it's people first, not to mention the country be population dense.

Trump doesn't want refugees because they are (mostly I think) Muslim, and/or believes them to be terrorists in disguise.

There has been nothing indicating that we are taking in "millions" of refugees. And for a nation where everyone believes that our national religion is christianity, it seems hypocritical to not help those in need, you know... what the freaking religion encourages everyone to do.


You are full of shit! Out of almost fifty (50) Muslim countries in the world, Trump only put the travel ban on seven (7) of those countries. Those countries are the ones that Obama's administration said were state sponsors and exporters of terrorists and terrorism.

Muslims from the remaining forty three (43) Muslim countries can still travel to the United States freely, as long as they have their visas and green cards.

You fall prey to the way the leftist media twists the facts.

Obama actually did what Trump did. In 2014 or 2015 Obama put a six (6) month freeze on refugees from Iraq. Why? Because there was a threat of terrorists trying to sneak into the U.S. as a refugee.


rawratl wrote:

How many terrorist attacks have been carried out by refugees here in America? How many were homegrown? Do you honestly believe any money saved on refugees will be spent responsibly on homeless, or will they piss it away on a 20b+ wall? Oh yeah, and we were never planning on taking in "millions" of refugees. Nice shitpost.


Every country has a problem with homegrown terrorism, but those are far and few between. The U.S. is no different. However, you fail to point out (because it is inconvenient to your argument?) That France, Germany, Belgium, and many other European countries (EU member nations) have suffered from massive terrorist attacks carried out BY THE REFUGEES that turned out to be terrorists! Or that became easily radicalized! (Maybe they missed the sound of gunfire and the sight of carnage. Who knows?)

Then there are the increased rapes of European women in some of these countries, by the - you guessed it - the refugees....

President Donald Trump is wise to keep that crap out of our country.

Hey! If it makes you feel better, your Canadian Prime Minister just enacted some kind of thing where these refugees can go to Canada. I'm sure you'll feel safe not knowing how many of them are sleeper terrorist agents, and how many of them will start raping Canadian women.

Have fun with that!


EDIT: Also, the freeze on travel is not permanent. It is only for 120 days until the State Department puts into place a much more robust vetting system in place to be very sure we are not letting terrorists into the U.S.

The leftist media, however, conveniently forgets to mention those points....
well said you beat me to responding to her.
51634 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M
Offline
Posted 1/30/17 , edited 4/10/17
The problem isn't that he wants to keep refugees out, the problem is he wants to keep out LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE FUCKING USA. HE CANNOT CREATE NEW LAWS WITH THE STROKE OF A PEN ON AN EXECUTIVE ORDER. Quit just regurgitating what the press is telling you, or Breitbarf or whatever. THE REAL ISSUE IS THE ILLEGAL DETENTION OF LEGAL US RESIDENTS AND DENYING THEM ACCESS TO AN ATTORNEY. Why the fuck do people just ignore the ACTUAL problems. This is how it starts, small with plenty of deflection so people don't realize what is actually going on, and 3 years later there are concentration camps for Muslims. YES I AM COMPARING TRUMP TO HITLER and if you don't like, prove how he isn't acting exactly like Hitler did in the 1930s.
48328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 1/30/17 , edited 4/9/17


I'm not Canadian smart guy. Lets start off with the comment about refugees being responsible for all the attacks in Europe. You are wrong, in fact a lot of them are from European citizens that traveled to fight with ISIS and somehow were allowed to return to Europe. The increased rape count is inflated by some countries like Sweden that have different definitions and methods of counting rape as far as statistics go. Is there a problem overall? Sure, but your precious President Trump bragged about sexual assault for the world to hear and has been accused of it by MANY women. So it's hard for me to understand why you think you have the moral high ground here. You read your alt-right news sites all day with "alternative" facts and watch dumb youtube videos and think you've figured it out. I hope one day you learn to discern the difference.
48328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 1/30/17 , edited 1/30/17

well said you beat me to responding to her.


So who did he respond to that has female next to their name? At this point I can't tell if that is just one of your egregious spelling mistakes (which makes it hard to take anything you say seriously), or you can't read. You didn't answer any of my questions and neither did he. Nice dodge.
mxdan 
10946 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 1/30/17 , edited 1/30/17
Lol, Japan barely takes ANY immigrants. They are a secluded island with a population density that over fishes its main source of food because it has no choice. If you don't have some degree that they need then there isn't much of a chance of you getting citizenship.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.