First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply ISIS need to be stopped ASAP
mxdan 
11673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 2/2/17 , edited 2/2/17

DeadlyOats wrote:


mxdan wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:


mxdan wrote:

My god dude.

Don't watch this video if you can help it. It is a child beheading a man.

ISIS is terrible. No one is disputing that. But showing that video to people only gives them what they want. THEY filmed it so you would react this way.

Stop spreading this pornography.


NO! YOU ARE WRONG!! Hiding videos like this is why the bleeding heart leftists can protest against President Trump's travel ban against Syrian refugees. There are ISIS terrorists hidden among them. They WANT to sneak in to the United States to do terrible things to us, here!

I didn't watch the videos, but I can tell you, if those leftists out there, burning cars and calling President Trump a racist saw this, they'd realize that he was keeping this kind of shit out of our country.


Hey if you want to have that reaction that is your proghtive. But know that you getting angry and instilling violence against them will never 'fix' the issue. Another more extreme fundamentalist group always rises from the ashes. This shit has been going for decades and giving them they arbitrary 'hero' death so they can go have their virgin wives only gives them validation.

I'd rather not have my potential children witness needless violence thank you very much.


I didn't say we need to kill them. I said, we need to keep them out of the United States. President Trump's travel ban has real merit. But the leftist won't acknowledge it. This kind of crap is what were are being protected from.


Because it operates under a generalization and isn't all that intelligent.

I mean this is like banning the Germans and Jews from seeking refuge during WW2 because Hitler was in power.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/27/14412082/refugees-history-holocaust
Posted 2/2/17 , edited 2/2/17
yup let's let trump get down to business.
39169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/2/17 , edited 2/3/17

mxdan wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:


mxdan wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:


mxdan wrote:

My god dude.

Don't watch this video if you can help it. It is a child beheading a man.

ISIS is terrible. No one is disputing that. But showing that video to people only gives them what they want. THEY filmed it so you would react this way.

Stop spreading this pornography.


NO! YOU ARE WRONG!! Hiding videos like this is why the bleeding heart leftists can protest against President Trump's travel ban against Syrian refugees. There are ISIS terrorists hidden among them. They WANT to sneak in to the United States to do terrible things to us, here!

I didn't watch the videos, but I can tell you, if those leftists out there, burning cars and calling President Trump a racist saw this, they'd realize that he was keeping this kind of shit out of our country.


Hey if you want to have that reaction that is your proghtive. But know that you getting angry and instilling violence against them will never 'fix' the issue. Another more extreme fundamentalist group always rises from the ashes. This shit has been going for decades and giving them they arbitrary 'hero' death so they can go have their virgin wives only gives them validation.

I'd rather not have my potential children witness needless violence thank you very much.


I didn't say we need to kill them. I said, we need to keep them out of the United States. President Trump's travel ban has real merit. But the leftist won't acknowledge it. This kind of crap is what were are being protected from.


Because it operates under a generalization and isn't all that intelligent.

I mean this is like banning the Germans and Jews from seeking refuge during WW2 because Hitler was in power.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/27/14412082/refugees-history-holocaust


Nobody knew about the concentration camps, nor of the death camps until after the Allied Nations defeated Nazi Germany. So, people believed what was being said about the Jews. When the U.S. Army came across those camps, and the truth came out, it was too late, to be sure, but our attitude towards refugees did change. We did welcome refugees after that.

Remember the Fall of Saigon? We took in Vietnamese refugees without any vetting. Just took them to the states. We got lucky that time. No Viet Cong snuck into the States to do terrorism on us. But ISIS has been sneaking terrorists into Europe with the refugees that was escaping the hell hole that Syria has become.

They got slammed hard with terrorist attacks, and a huge rape problem.

President Trump's method strikes a balance. Stop them from coming in, until we have a valid system in place to be absolutely sure, no terrorists are sneaking in with the refugees - and make sure the refugees aren't sex offenders....
24773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 2/2/17 , edited 2/2/17
LOL you actually posted a beheading video. OP delivered.
7220 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/2/17 , edited 2/2/17
The OP is so desperate, no better than a butthurt weeaboo. We get it, ISIS=bad, but that one post still proves that you're tripping.
3222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 2/2/17 , edited 2/2/17
ISIS isnt the only problem we're facing at the moment.

We've already tried helping them and we made the situation worse. We made kids go through intense PTSD through drones alone.

I'm no politician, im just an engineering major. I was born not in poverty, but close enough to watch a lot of shit happen. What must be done is that the United States need to get their shit together, stop focusing so much on damn money for what the rich already has, and make it easier for illegal immigrants to get the proper documentation to come here legally.

Since we're on the topic of trump, it would be nice if he acted like a proper president. He actually has some ideas that seem not so bad, but his whole muslim ban shit is evidence that he's just a man filled with logical fallacies. I'm sorry, but I won't support such a man.

Plus he made fun of my culture, and kicked out a famous Mexican journalist that my family looks up to. If Trump supporters really want to win people over, maybe they should convince trump to act like an actual president, and stop offending people for who they are.
24773 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 2/2/17 , edited 2/2/17

kallutos wrote:

ISIS isnt the only problem we're facing at the moment.

We've already tried helping them and we made the situation worse. We made kids go through intense PTSD through drones alone.

I'm no politician, im just an engineering major. I was born not in poverty, but close enough to watch a lot of shit happen. What must be done is that the United States need to get their shit together, stop focusing so much on damn money for what the rich already has, and make it easier for illegal immigrants to get the proper documentation to come here legally.

Since we're on the topic of trump, it would be nice if he acted like a proper president. He actually has some ideas that seem not so bad, but his whole muslim ban shit is evidence that he's just a man filled with logical fallacies. I'm sorry, but I won't support such a man.

Plus he made fun of my culture, and kicked out a famous Mexican journalist that my family looks up to. If Trump supporters really want to win people over, maybe they should convince trump to act like an actual president, and stop offending people for who they are.


What does this have to do with Isis? I do not quite understand.
3222 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / F
Offline
Posted 2/2/17 , edited 2/2/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


kallutos wrote:

ISIS isnt the only problem we're facing at the moment.

We've already tried helping them and we made the situation worse. We made kids go through intense PTSD through drones alone.

I'm no politician, im just an engineering major. I was born not in poverty, but close enough to watch a lot of shit happen. What must be done is that the United States need to get their shit together, stop focusing so much on damn money for what the rich already has, and make it easier for illegal immigrants to get the proper documentation to come here legally.

Since we're on the topic of trump, it would be nice if he acted like a proper president. He actually has some ideas that seem not so bad, but his whole muslim ban shit is evidence that he's just a man filled with logical fallacies. I'm sorry, but I won't support such a man.

Plus he made fun of my culture, and kicked out a famous Mexican journalist that my family looks up to. If Trump supporters really want to win people over, maybe they should convince trump to act like an actual president, and stop offending people for who they are.


What does this have to do with Isis? I do not quite understand.


Oh, I was mentioning how the US should focus on their problems before focusing on problems on other countries.

Please excuse my other rant below. I just read some comments about trump in this thread and figured I should voice my own opinion. Though it doesn't apply to this thread. I'm sorry about that
47987 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / [Miraculously]Suf...
Offline
Posted 2/2/17 , edited 2/2/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


mxdan wrote:

Because it is just that as I've defended through my reasoning. ISIS intends for it to be that. By spreading it you are doing exactly what they want by spreading their 'brand' of pornography.

By coming in here and starting a little fit over a point that you fully understood what where your intentions? To prove me wrong? To prove yourself right? To point to the structure of argumentation and say my structuring was wrong?

It was a fringe statement at the end of actual content that I think I defended fairly well and it was utilized to show the point even further. Clarification is not a crime. Semantical 'intellectual' warfare over baser points that don't actually rob an argument of its merits is contemporary bullshit.


HOLY FUCK MAN IF YOU WANT TO CALL IT PORN SO BADLY CALL IT PORN BUT IT IS NOT THE BE ALL END ALL DESCRIPTOR WHEN YOU DESCRIBE A VIDEO WITH EXECUTIONS WITH NO SEXUAL INTENT AS PORN EXPECT TO TURN A FEW HEADS AND DONT USE PSUEDO INTELLECTUAL BULLSHIT TO DEFEND IT JUST USE A BETTER WORD AND MOVE ON NOW ITS TIME FOR MY NIGHTLY FAP GOOD DAY SIR

Have you never heard of literary texture?
>It's very much similar to what porn is.
>He simply used the word to illustrate the point as to why you shouldn't "share it in a public social-gathering".
Seeing as it merely would be an indulgence to those with likeminded ideals which could harbor actions.
>I.e. More of it, and a society de-sensualized to it[violence/sex].


Have you never used a word in its figurative, or in a non-literal instance?

For instance saying things such as "break a leg"?

You need to do your literature homework more. It shows in your comprehension skills. You act as if you're a devil's advocate.

Let's say the standard was that you had to be deeply involved into every thread's topic to make it in the first place.
>Conversations would never start.


-People don't need to be literally fighting to talk about ways to protect themselves and issues that are happening worldwide.



Hey now, don't let some "pseudo intellectual talk" get you down. Those evil people with their two+ syllable words. Honestly they ruin society.




It's fun, I see why you enjoy arguing. Boosting the ego when you can always helps depression.

As for those school kids you talked about, doubt it. Not only that, it's probably a handful and I'll assume those kids aren't the golden standard of your school's classes. I'd even go onto say these are the same kids that are made fun of and ostracized for being "too weird". Then again I could be wrong, however statistically speaking I find it highly doubtful that many children are sociopaths and enjoy real people being literally murdered.

11825 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 2/2/17 , edited 2/2/17

GodOfFlash [
Have you never heard of literary texture?
>It's very much similar to what porn is. He simply used the word to illustrate the point as to why you shouldn't "spread it".
Seeing as it merely would be an indulgence to those with likeminded ideals which could harbor actions. I.e. More of it, and a society de-sensualized to it[violence/sex].


Have you never used a word in its figurative, or in a non-literal instance?

For instance saying things such as "break a leg"?

You need to do your literature homework more. It shows in your comprehension skills. What you're acting like, is a devil's advocate. If the standard was that you had to be deeply involved into every thread's topic to make it in the first place, conversations would never start. People don't need to be literally fighting to talk about ways to protect themselves and issues that are happening worldwide.

Don't let some "pseudo intellectual talk" get you down.

It's fun, I see why you enjoy arguing. Boosting the ego when you can always helps depression.

As for those school kids you talked about, doubt it. Not only that, it's probably a handful and I'll assume those kids aren't the golden standard of your school's classes. I'd even go onto say these are the same kids that are made fun of and ostracized for being "too weird". Then again I could be wrong, however statistically speaking I find it highly doubtful that many children are sociopaths and enjoy real people being literally murdered.



lol youre looking too much into it. I take college english and playing devils advocate is fine, so i dont know why you used it as a bad thing.

However what i will say is that its a bit unnecessary, perhaps even pretentious, to use a word like pornography. i know its non literal. duh. but when you go out of your way to use a specific word and explain away with pointlessness when you could use any other better fitting word... thats just pretentious.
i
I wasnt saying my friebds were regular or that they represented most kids. Just telling you how it is. And theyre not weird tbqh.

Heres my original statement : " Pornography? A bit far though I get your point so i'm sure it doesn't really matter. "

Thats all i said. I never started an argument, he did. Your acting like im some cocky bigshot when i simply said one thing, then got punced on with a slew of overly unneccesary explanation. I told him i knew where he was coming from, he felt the need to defend word chise for the sake of ... proving himself? looking smart? idk

its funny that both of you are acting like im the one trying to prove something. im just adding an opinion. calm down. im not that cocky.

excuse the spelling errors im on my phone
runec 
38564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/2/17 , edited 2/2/17

DeadlyOats wrote:
Nobody knew about the concentration camps, nor of the death camps until after the Allied Nations defeated Nazi Germany. So, people believed what was being said about the Jews. When the U.S. Army came across those camps, and the truth came out, it was too late, to be sure, but our attitude towards refugees did change. We did welcome refugees after that.


Yes, they did know. News of violence against and extermination of Jews was not a surprise everyone found out after the war was over and you did not welcome refugees after that. It took a number of years after the war before you finally loosened up Jewish targeted immigration policies. By then, most of the refugees had already been settled elsewhere.

Your treatment of the Jewish and your current rhetoric against Syrians is actually alarmingly similar.




DeadlyOats wrote:
President Trump's method strikes a balance. Stop them from coming in, until we have a valid system in place to be absolutely sure, no terrorists are sneaking in with the refugees - and make sure the refugees aren't sex offenders....


There is a valid system in place. I don't know why anyone thinks refugees can just walk into the US. The process takes near 2 years and basically goes through every security and intelligence agency you have.

Besides, you can't argue that there is no valid system in place when Trump is arguing that Obama did the same thing he's doing. You can't even keep your story straight with Glorious Leader. -.-


Humms 
12586 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 2/2/17 , edited 2/2/17
You know what? Good for them, I'm glad.

Because everyone is to pussy to do anything drastic for results. We get exactly what we deserve.

Oh but you don't understand, you just can't do that. Really? All of the bombings, shootings, I guess they just can't do that. No of course not, they just can't do that to us! It's impossible.

Like running a fucking red light, you just can't do That! You can't just slam the pedal to the floor and run through a red light because some magical force is stopping you. go pull up your statistics genius and tell me how many people run red lights.

Ok.... you got me world. Let's just all sit there and watch, but don't forget to buy your $5 water so you don't dehydrate and die. At least you won't be dead, but don't expect any hand outs right????? Right??
20491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/2/17 , edited 2/2/17
Sure, stopping ISIS is a nice thing and all.....

We've done nothing to stop a similar organization from forming after they are stopped.
15100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 2/2/17 , edited 2/2/17

Humms wrote:

You know what? Good for them, I'm glad.

Because everyone is to pussy to do anything drastic for results. We get exactly what we deserve.

Oh but you don't understand, you just can't do that. Really? All of the bombings, shootings, I guess they just can't do that. No of course not, they just can't do that to us! It's impossible.

Like running a fucking red light, you just can't do That! You can't just slam the pedal to the floor and run through a red light because some magical force is stopping you. go pull up your statistics genius and tell me how many people run red lights.

Ok.... you got me world. Let's just all sit there and watch, but don't forget to buy your $5 water so you don't dehydrate and die. At least you won't be dead, but don't expect any hand outs right????? Right??


Doing something drastic to solve the problem of terrorism is the absolute dumbest way to go about it. It's like trying to save a burning apartment building with a flamethrower. Sure the problem might eventually be resolved, but only in the sense that eventually the fire runs out of things to burn. There's a reason they're called "Terrorists". They rely on manipulation of public sentiment to control the behavior of their enemies, prospective allies, and anyone caught in between.

Take 9/11 for example. Al-Qaeda got everything it wanted from that, it goaded the United States into an indiscriminate reprisal that damaged the United States' reputation on the global scale and worsened the already resentful public sentiment widespread in the middle east. As a result they had an easy time recruiting by presenting the US as an invading enemy by those people caught up in the war of terror. It's the same reason the "tough on terror" rhetoric is so thoroughly wrongheaded. Combating terrorism is like operating on someone. it requires a deft hand and a scalpel, not a splitting maul.

The best way to defeat terrorism is to target the welter of resentment, fear, and anger they tap into. Without those they fail to garner popular support and are greatly diminished if not outright starved. You act carefully, make avoiding collateral damage a priority. You try to avoid doing anything that can let them cast you as the villain, because if they can't do that, they fail. You don't try and fight a hydra by lopping off it's heads, neither should you do so with terrorists. Doing something drastic is the worst thing you can possibly do, because it feeds into the narrative the terrorists were trying to create in the first place. No matter how many of them you kill new cells will spring up to replace them. Terrorists fight by controlling ideas and public perception. That's the game they play, and unless they're beaten on that board, it doesn't matter how many times you crush them on the physical side of things, they'll just find new pieces and the games will continue ad infinitum.

In short, square peg, round hole. You can keep trying to hammer it in but you're never going to make it fit.
1695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Online
Posted 2/2/17 , edited 2/2/17

Shintogod wrote:

people need to know so they can be stopped. I don't recommend watching this video, but nobody is doing anything about this but fight them with more violence. ISIS played a huge part in syria. a lot of people out there don't dispute this, there a lot of people out there that support them. people think that syrian refugees if taken in to the usa will be terrorist and attack us. there hasn't been any record of a terrorist attack from any refugees in the USA yet. the syrian refugees are not terrorist. a lot of people make the argument that we should care about our veterans before these people. we should care about both veterans and refugees. they are human beings.


Why?

Before you say anything about being christian or morality, note that neither are legitimate claims. If this was about either of those topics, the US would not have pulled out of Vietnam and all campaigns in the middle east launched by the US would have been followed through instead of pulling out for political reasons.

There is no moral reason for people to send their sons and daughters to die for people that will not help themselves - this includes accepting them as refugees.

There is no Christian reason to support people who would standby and watch Christians be beheaded for simply existing.

I have not heard of a legitimate reason to intervene in the middle east other than to rescue Christians that are persecuted, but they're pretty much all dead now so that's not even a valid excuse anymore (no, don't say "but what about Israel," that's not a point).
6152 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / montana
Offline
Posted 2/2/17 , edited 2/2/17
Isis is about the same as every muslim country...

they chop peoples heads off or stone them to death just because someone raped them.
ppl don't even have to commit a crime just being a victim of a crime can get you executed.

this "religion of peace"
refuses to grow up and join the civilized world.
mxdan 
11673 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 2/2/17 , edited 2/2/17

trollbutter wrote:

Isis is about the same as every muslim country...

they chop peoples heads off or stone them to death just because someone raped them.
ppl don't even have to commit a crime just being a victim of a crime can get you executed.

this "religion of peace"
refuses to grow up and join the civilized world.


There is something I don't think you understand.

Here is several pictures of Iran in the 60's and 70's:











Look familiar?

Well here is a picture of the middle of the Muslim Revolution take over:



Notice the integration starting to happen. Fundamentalism is rooting itself because of war and fear. The people discontent with the Shah's rule of power in which Reza Pahlavi ruled in extreme wealth and completely disconnected from the feelings of his country. Islamic extremists formed to fill that void in the peoples hearts. Saying the reason for their lack of happiness was the fact that they were disconnected with the will of the Koran. Ruhollah Khomeini rises from the conflict to whisper the words of intense nationalism and fundamentalism as an ideal.

He pushes the Iranian race as an agenda in politics above all others and convinces a people to believe in his vision of the world:



Women protest against wearing the hijab but eventually the police state that is being slowly pushed over time starts to rule through fear.



Eventually Iran is turned into fundamentalist state that kills and tortures those who don't adhere to its strict undertones. The weird thing is many in Iran learn to accept the change and welcome it. Maybe this religious purity is the way? They begin to adhere to the fundamentalist principals.

The ones that don't agree are silenced or they escape Iran. Eventually they all integrate this new world they have created.





Ruholiah believes that this Iranian Muslim revolution is something that needs to be spread across the middle east. So he starts a war with Iraq that lasts 8 years. Frankly named; The Iran-Iraq War.







Over a million people die in total.

The point is that Revolution and subsequent war are what pushed fundamentalism over the edge in the middle east. Mini revolutions spark all over the landscape and tribalist leaders who adhere to strict Ruhollah Khomeini principals emerge.

The soviets invade Afghanistan during this time primarily for resources and subject the people to a need for change in that region. People are primed for a revolution because of this. They hate being used. Fundamentalism was simply fuel for the fire. It sparked the anti-Soviet mujahedeen war.







Several groups emerge as the middle east goes into religious turmoil and war;

Hezbollah, Egyptian Islamic Jihad, Palestinian Islamic Jihad, Islamic Resistance Movement (HAMAS), and Al-Gamaat Al-Islamiyya.

All these groups have Tribalist ideas of the true 'path' in the place they inhabit. So they spark local wars and bring countries all over to destruction and uncontrolled revolution. Eventually much of the middle east becomes Tribal. And adheres to specific ideologies in specific territories. This is why there are three groups fighting for power in Iraq for instance. Groups that support the ASSAD regime, Kurdish groups, and Extreme Religious State Fundamentalists (ISIS for instance). Each one of these categories has various subcategories with individual tribes that fit into them.

This means, essentially, a large part of the middle east has become waring gangs fighting for power. All with there different 'extremities' for what the various countries should look like.

My point is that you say that they should just integrate into the west. They were and many of them wish they could be. But imagine if the gangs of LA and New York gained military power and support in all states and sparked revolutions all over. They cripple the governments ability to enact marshall law because they gain control over various assets and effectively qwell the militaries ability to organize.

What your left with is a vacuum for power and a world that seems to back various sides like they are damn chess pieces simply to gain control of valuable oil trade.

If you havent already I highly recommend you read the comic book called Persepolis by Marjane Satrapi. It may change the way you think about the middle east.



First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.