First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
ISIS need to be stopped ASAP
1695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 2/2/17 , edited 2/3/17
Your post is too long to cut up and quote mxdan so I'll just reply here. Most of the history you quoted is subjective, depending on who you ask about it. In the end though Iran became a country where dissenters were silenced or managed to escape the country.

This is an important distinction. The problem is not with the people of Iran, it is with the government and radical elements in the country. That said, there is no excuse for the US or the west to get involved. Taking refugees from Iran is one of the worst things you can do for the country if you believe there is something wrong their. If everyone who is willing to stand up and fight leaves with the intention of fleeing and never returning then it is doomed indefinitely. People will still be born and dissenters will be made every day and will either be killed or escape, over and over until the oppressive government is no more.

So there is the crux of it. The people must fight their government but they will not. If given guns they will not. If taught how to, they will not. Even if we send in people to fight the government for them, they will not stop the vacuum theory you mentioned before. They will sit back and let some other corrupt religious dictator take over. There is no way to help them. Either allow for a grassroots revolution to take place, or leave them to self-destruct and self-destruct they will.

There is no reason for anyone to take refugees or fight their wars for them. They must have the desire to change and the will to fight for it before anyone else lifts a finger for them.
9957 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Iowa, but station...
Offline
Posted 2/2/17 , edited 2/3/17
Yea they need to be stopped, thru crunchyroll forums lol joking
28261 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Kaguya's Panties
Offline
Posted 2/2/17 , edited 2/3/17
Send the immigrants back to their homes and let them fight or die for it. It's not our problem.
48233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / [Miraculously]Suf...
Offline
Posted 2/3/17 , edited 2/3/17
Do you like the forums?

<3
Posted 2/3/17 , edited 2/3/17
So you better stop them, OP.
Ejanss 
17081 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/3/17 , edited 2/3/17

mxdan wrote:
ISIS is spreading this so they can gain followers and shock infidels. They want us to react violently and emotionally. That's how ISIS/Alqaeda/The-Next-itteration operates.. That's how they survive.


It's exactly what I said on 9/12: Terrorists Are Trolls.
mxdan 
11827 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 2/3/17 , edited 2/3/17

Emtro wrote:

Your post is too long to cut up and quote mxdan so I'll just reply here. Most of the history you quoted is subjective, depending on who you ask about it. In the end though Iran became a country where dissenters were silenced or managed to escape the country.

This is an important distinction. The problem is not with the people of Iran, it is with the government and radical elements in the country. That said, there is no excuse for the US or the west to get involved. Taking refugees from Iran is one of the worst things you can do for the country if you believe there is something wrong their. If everyone who is willing to stand up and fight leaves with the intention of fleeing and never returning then it is doomed indefinitely. People will still be born and dissenters will be made every day and will either be killed or escape, over and over until the oppressive government is no more.

So there is the crux of it. The people must fight their government but they will not. If given guns they will not. If taught how to, they will not. Even if we send in people to fight the government for them, they will not stop the vacuum theory you mentioned before. They will sit back and let some other corrupt religious dictator take over. There is no way to help them. Either allow for a grassroots revolution to take place, or leave them to self-destruct and self-destruct they will.

There is no reason for anyone to take refugees or fight their wars for them. They must have the desire to change and the will to fight for it before anyone else lifts a finger for them.


False my friend. You do realize that the history I quoted is from cross referenced and corroborated reports correct? It is from historians who lived through the era, video and photo journalism, and third party sources who existed in the crisis that meet in multiple areas and paint an objective truth. Just because some people have a different interpretation does not mean there doesn't lie some objective truth.

The U.S. doesn't need to be involved. It also doesn't need to condemn people to death because you live in some 'idealistic' fantasy world were you think women and children need to fight back for their freedom. It's far more complicated then that. ISIS and other fundamentalist tribes have control of military equipment. You say we shouldn't aide them. Then what? They fight with sticks and stones? A lot of these men are military trained by foreign governments. You really think that civilian populations stand a chance against trained military operations with technology and a deadened sensitivity towards violence?

Even IF we sent them weapons the general population wouldn't stand a chance. It would take years and years to train them adequately.

Give me a break. You clearly haven't the faintest idea of the issues at all. There is a reason why wars never seem to end there and there is a reason why it's terrible to back out (The biggest mistake Obama made in my opinion.).

EDIT:

Can we take a moment and realize how ridiculous this 'alternative fact' thing has gotten on the right. The fact that you guys now think every issue comes down to perspective now drives me up the wall. History isn't simply side driven. Is there influence? Of course, but a historians job is to find the objective line through the various interpretations. We can get pretty damn close.

The Nazis had a different interpretation of the War also but that doesn't mean we weren't able to find the objective line.

Humms 
12865 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 2/3/17 , edited 2/3/17

vanguard1234523 wrote:


Humms wrote:

You know what? Good for them, I'm glad.

Because everyone is to pussy to do anything drastic for results. We get exactly what we deserve.

Oh but you don't understand, you just can't do that. Really? All of the bombings, shootings, I guess they just can't do that. No of course not, they just can't do that to us! It's impossible.

Like running a fucking red light, you just can't do That! You can't just slam the pedal to the floor and run through a red light because some magical force is stopping you. go pull up your statistics genius and tell me how many people run red lights.

Ok.... you got me world. Let's just all sit there and watch, but don't forget to buy your $5 water so you don't dehydrate and die. At least you won't be dead, but don't expect any hand outs right????? Right??


Doing something drastic to solve the problem of terrorism is the absolute dumbest way to go about it. It's like trying to save a burning apartment building with a flamethrower. Sure the problem might eventually be resolved, but only in the sense that eventually the fire runs out of things to burn. There's a reason they're called "Terrorists". They rely on manipulation of public sentiment to control the behavior of their enemies, prospective allies, and anyone caught in between.

Take 9/11 for example. Al-Qaeda got everything it wanted from that, it goaded the United States into an indiscriminate reprisal that damaged the United States' reputation on the global scale and worsened the already resentful public sentiment widespread in the middle east. As a result they had an easy time recruiting by presenting the US as an invading enemy by those people caught up in the war of terror. It's the same reason the "tough on terror" rhetoric is so thoroughly wrongheaded. Combating terrorism is like operating on someone. it requires a deft hand and a scalpel, not a splitting maul.

The best way to defeat terrorism is to target the welter of resentment, fear, and anger they tap into. Without those they fail to garner popular support and are greatly diminished if not outright starved. You act carefully, make avoiding collateral damage a priority. You try to avoid doing anything that can let them cast you as the villain, because if they can't do that, they fail. You don't try and fight a hydra by lopping off it's heads, neither should you do so with terrorists. Doing something drastic is the worst thing you can possibly do, because it feeds into the narrative the terrorists were trying to create in the first place. No matter how many of them you kill new cells will spring up to replace them. Terrorists fight by controlling ideas and public perception. That's the game they play, and unless they're beaten on that board, it doesn't matter how many times you crush them on the physical side of things, they'll just find new pieces and the games will continue ad infinitum.

In short, square peg, round hole. You can keep trying to hammer it in but you're never going to make it fit.


My story above all else

The result in peace will mean the death of us all, or the opposition. They want us to integrate with their lives, the biggest mistake one could make. We must allow them to Integrate with modern civilization, which we are overlooking in order to respect their way of life they want to escape from.

You can't solve terrorism. You must kill it, leave no trace of it. Destroy every last memory of a god who went against our human rights. It is that God who has made our life a living hell. So suffer, or begin to learn that life is nothing more than a flame that can quickly be extinguished by a memory and a prayer.

Go ahead, keep respecting their religion, because that's all we're doing. Respecting fear itself.


1695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 2/3/17 , edited 2/4/17

mxdan wrote:
False my friend.


Please elaborate on what's false. My information is from family that have recently returned from Iran where people and whole families have been vanishing. I mean, I wasn't even disagreeing with some of your post, I just mentioned every last topic had far more issues than the simplistic analysis of that "history". Please don't bring in the new political buzzgarbage. This "alternative fact" crap is just that, crap. More whining from liars angry they weren't believed so they go out of their way to call other people liars. It's not even related to this situation.
4233 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Waterloo, Ontario
Offline
Posted 2/3/17 , edited 2/4/17
Sadly the USA is funding ISIS and yet fighting them at the same time , and thereby allowing an endless and needless war in the Middle East that creates unnecessary suffering. The real biggest threat to world peace is not the ISIS, it is the USA government which funds all of these proxy wars in the Middle East and in other countries. The ISIS needs to be stopped, but that's only possible if we stop the USA imperialist war machine from destroying other countries in the name of profit , and also prevent the USA government from creating new terrorist groups to fight against and cause more civilian casualties.
28764 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 2/3/17 , edited 2/4/17
9719 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Palm Coast, Florida
Offline
Posted 2/3/17 , edited 2/4/17

DesuMaiden wrote:


This has to be the most Anti-US post I've ever seen on here
11136 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Mississippi
Offline
Posted 2/3/17 , edited 2/4/17
Yeah, I'll grab my rifle right now and go stop them.
brb
31113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 2/3/17 , edited 2/4/17
Terrorism is funny the more you fight it the more it grows.
31113 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 2/3/17 , edited 2/4/17

MysteryMiss wrote:

yup let's let trump get down to business.


Trump won't solve terrorism.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.