First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
I Am Disappointed Crunchyroll.
Posted 2/6/17
I was just reading your other thread in the anime section.

THIS was pretty dumb.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-981913/anime-is-for-kids-and-ramblings
2116 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / The margins
Offline
Posted 2/6/17

gornotck wrote:

Growing up is realizing that you don't know anything about anything, and faking it until you do.


I agree with the first half, but I don't think everyone is necessarily faking it until they figure things out. It's also possible to fail very transparently. This is usually my approach.
21975 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / F / The Bahamas
Offline
Posted 2/6/17
I came here to get away from serious debates.

If I feel like debating I go harass some of my co-workers who are in Toastmasters. When none of them are available there is always CreateDebate.
22234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 2/6/17

Potentsaliva wrote:

Your assumption/expectation you had about adults is pretty stupid in of itself...like what exactly made you come to that conclusion...Im like genuinely curious cause thats usually something only really young children tend to do.


I WAS A CHILD. A YOUNG, INNOCENT CHILD.

One that only knew teachers with PhDs! Although the drug presentations and the sex ed courses were very suspect.
Posted 2/6/17
Pv if your age age is posted correct you still have much to learn soooo young much to see and experience
147845 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / F / Overlord's Castle
Offline
Posted 2/6/17
PV your stupid rant crashed my computer.
142 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/6/17
Stop debating about debate quality and give me food now! My wife refuses to cook for me because she's married to another dude and says he doesn't want me hanging around anymore and to call when he leaves town next week so we can hook up if her kids aren't sick. She also keeps saying it's creepy I still refer to her as my wife..... I want Pop-Tarts!
7968 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/6/17 , edited 2/6/17

starshots wrote:

I was just reading your other thread in the anime section.

THIS was pretty dumb.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-981913/anime-is-for-kids-and-ramblings


+1
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 2/6/17

KurtIrving wrote:

What can you do? Crunchyroll is still just another breeding ground of moody weeaboos.


Like the guy who started this thread!
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 2/6/17

1stladyent wrote:



I think ever since the influx of political threads with baseless and biased opinion, the forums have been demoted from my option of entertainment.

Most people will never realize in their lifetime that there is no winning in any argument that is purely based on opinion and personal bias.


It's not personal opinion if it is backed by video evidence, statistics, logic, reason, and common sense. For example, if I say islam is an ideology of evil, that's not my opinion. Don't believe me? Go to the saudi arabia and tell them you are a trans jew from Amercia and see what happens to you. Oh wait, a lot of those milim countries won't even let jews in. You can argue with opinions until the end of time, but you can't argue with hard evidence and proven facts.
22234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 2/6/17

johnnymcool wrote:


1stladyent wrote:



I think ever since the influx of political threads with baseless and biased opinion, the forums have been demoted from my option of entertainment.

Most people will never realize in their lifetime that there is no winning in any argument that is purely based on opinion and personal bias.


It's not personal opinion if it is backed by video evidence, statistics, logic, reason, and common sense. For example, if I say islam is an ideology of evil, that's not my opinion. Don't believe me? Go to the saudi arabia and tell them you are a trans jew from Amercia and see what happens to you. Oh wait, a lot of those milim countries won't even let jews in. You can argue with opinions until the end of time, but you can't argue with hard evidence and proven facts.


Evil is a subjective term. Instead of saying neutral stuff, evil translates to "Bad stuff" like Goodness translates to "good stuff" so yes, that is your opinion, and a vague one at that Not that I disagree or agree. There's truth to both sides, especially considering countries like Indonesia, which are predominantly muslim, as well as LGBT tolerance rates in countries like the UAE or of course, Saudi Arabia.

I'll be honest, I think evil is a pretty dangerous term. In part to being a not so specific adjective with too much weight.
35285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/6/17

johnnymcool wrote:
It's not personal opinion if it is backed by video evidence, statistics, logic, reason, and common sense. For example, if I say islam is an ideology of evil, that's not my opinion. Don't believe me? Go to the saudi arabia and tell them you are a trans jew from Amercia and see what happens to you. Oh wait, a lot of those milim countries won't even let jews in. You can argue with opinions until the end of time, but you can't argue with hard evidence and proven facts.





8322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/6/17

johnnymcool wrote:


1stladyent wrote:



I think ever since the influx of political threads with baseless and biased opinion, the forums have been demoted from my option of entertainment.

Most people will never realize in their lifetime that there is no winning in any argument that is purely based on opinion and personal bias.


It's not personal opinion if it is backed by video evidence, statistics, logic, reason, and common sense. For example, if I say islam is an ideology of evil, that's not my opinion. Don't believe me? Go to the saudi arabia and tell them you are a trans jew from Amercia and see what happens to you. Oh wait, a lot of those milim countries won't even let jews in. You can argue with opinions until the end of time, but you can't argue with hard evidence and proven facts.


Please provide your expat/pilgrimage/academic/business visa that allowed you to enter Saudi Arabia, and a video WITH discernable audio that depicts you proclaiming you are a trans Jew in the kingdom. Until then, you are still spouting opinion.

If you are not a trans Jew, and have never stepped foot in the kingdom, OR cannot provide digital or hard evidence of the consequences of this [irrational] behavior you choose to use as an example, it is still opinion.

If you tell me I have to go look for this said evidence to prove YOUR "point" - it is still opinion.

Do your homework.

21517 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Online
Posted 2/6/17

johnnymcool wrote:


1stladyent wrote:



I think ever since the influx of political threads with baseless and biased opinion, the forums have been demoted from my option of entertainment.

Most people will never realize in their lifetime that there is no winning in any argument that is purely based on opinion and personal bias.


It's not personal opinion if it is backed by video evidence, statistics, logic, reason, and common sense. For example, if I say islam is an ideology of evil, that's not my opinion. Don't believe me? Go to the saudi arabia and tell them you are a trans jew from Amercia and see what happens to you. Oh wait, a lot of those milim countries won't even let jews in. You can argue with opinions until the end of time, but you can't argue with hard evidence and proven facts.

Oh? Go Alabama and say you'er a trans jew from New York and see what happens to you
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 2/6/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


johnnymcool wrote:


1stladyent wrote:



I think ever since the influx of political threads with baseless and biased opinion, the forums have been demoted from my option of entertainment.

Most people will never realize in their lifetime that there is no winning in any argument that is purely based on opinion and personal bias.


It's not personal opinion if it is backed by video evidence, statistics, logic, reason, and common sense. For example, if I say islam is an ideology of evil, that's not my opinion. Don't believe me? Go to the saudi arabia and tell them you are a trans jew from Amercia and see what happens to you. Oh wait, a lot of those milim countries won't even let jews in. You can argue with opinions until the end of time, but you can't argue with hard evidence and proven facts.


Evil is a subjective term. Instead of saying neutral stuff, evil translates to "Bad stuff" like Goodness translates to "good stuff" so yes, that is your opinion, and a vague one at that Not that I disagree or agree. There's truth to both sides, especially considering countries like Indonesia, which are predominantly muslim, as well as LGBT tolerance rates in countries like the UAE or of course, Saudi Arabia.

I'll be honest, I think evil is a pretty dangerous term. In part to being a not so specific adjective with too much weight.


Look at my latest post and tell me with a straight face that ALL of that stuff is not evil. Yeah, because stoning women to death, throwing gays off buildings, and murdering people for drawing cartoons is not evil at all. BRAINWASHED!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.