First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
If Trump can be president, that means all of us can
5842 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/17
Well, being the president have its perks
12117 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 2/7/17 , edited 2/7/17
That's really not a good thing :/
5842 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/17

octorockandroll wrote:

That's really not a good thing :/


It's not that hard right :/?
84850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M
Online
Posted 2/7/17 , edited 2/7/17
I don't know about that. Doesn't it just mean that other obnoxious billionaires can?
28496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/17 , edited 2/7/17

ishe5555 wrote:

I don't know about that. Doesn't it just mean that other obnoxious billionaires can?


Keep word here is billionaire...
15843 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/7/17
No, just any natural citizen with 14 years of residency or so who is 35 or over. Winning is a different matter.
5842 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/17

gornotck wrote:

No, just any natural citizen with 14 years of residency or so who is 35 or over. Winning is a different matter.


Winning is easy if everyone thinks it's not possible, I personally am too lazy to be one = =
Dragon
67403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 2/7/17 , edited 2/7/17
Not sure if it means any of us can, but it definitely shows that anyone trying to say that "XYZ should stay out of politics" (whether that's reality TV star or whatever else) should probably stop saying that kind of thing. He rode talking smack about the then sitting president right to the WH, along with a party that mostly said 'no' to everything and pledged to fight the president all the way.

Might be a winning formula there...
28496 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/17
For the record Trump spent $66 million of his own money to win the White House. That's more money than entertainers can stomach. Overall his campaign spent $512 million on the election which is less than half of the $1.1 billion the other side spent.

But if you can say stupid shit to get yourself on TV every 2 seconds then you could in essence run a campaign for free.
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/17
And this whole thread is the reason why you guys get backlash, and why political threads keeping thriving on cr. I never used to say anything on any threads on here, but then I saw stuff like this, and feel the need to say condescending statements in return. In other words, you guys keep the againstness alive. Don't start no shit, won't be no shit.
Dragon
67403 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 2/7/17

johnnymcool wrote:

And this whole thread is the reason why you guys get backlash, and why political threads keeping thriving on cr. I never used to say anything on any threads on here, but then I saw stuff like this, and feel the need to say condescending statements in return. In other words, you guys keep the againstness alive. Don't start no shit, won't be no shit.


Or you could go the other route - reply with facts and such. Why condescend when you can support your statements? Why attack when it's so easy to point something out, then follow it up with why you said it?

I've seen plenty of folks talking up liberal tears, SJW's on suicide watch, and so on. If you're looking for "againstness", look no further than those. There have been many.

Trump's win does indicate that the door is open to many folks we might not previously had considered presidential material, however, since previous presidents all had either military or legislative records under their belts - even Reagan was governor first, so it wasn't just acting on his resume prior to president. Or do you disagree with that?
1491 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Canada, Toronto
Offline
Posted 2/7/17
That is debatable. The political situation of 2016 might had allowed Trump to became US president and that situation does not always show up in all election periods. This effect of the situation is not considered by the independent worldview.
The independent worldview also did not consider the connection. Trump depend more on the rural working class for alliance than the economic elites; the alliance with the rural working class might help him win the election but the alienation from many economic elites might also offset this advantage.
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/17

MakotoKamui wrote:


johnnymcool wrote:

And this whole thread is the reason why you guys get backlash, and why political threads keeping thriving on cr. I never used to say anything on any threads on here, but then I saw stuff like this, and feel the need to say condescending statements in return. In other words, you guys keep the againstness alive. Don't start no shit, won't be no shit.


Or you could go the other route - reply with facts and such. Why condescend when you can support your statements? Why attack when it's so easy to point something out, then follow it up with why you said it?

I've seen plenty of folks talking up liberal tears, SJW's on suicide watch, and so on. If you're looking for "againstness", look no further than those. There have been many.

Trump's win does indicate that the door is open to many folks we might not previously had considered presidential material, however, since previous presidents all had either military or legislative records under their belts - even Reagan was governor first, so it wasn't just acting on his resume prior to president. Or do you disagree with that?


Yeah, but those people said all those things about sjw's in response to all the condescending Trump stuff. If you put out condescension, you'll most probably get it in return. The way how a lot of people express their opinions on here is very antagonizing, so they kinda have to expect there will be a like reaction, ya know, Newton and all that jazz. I would express myself more neutrally if they did. If I went into a church and said "You guys are all stupid for believing in fairy tales.", I'm pretty sure the general reaction won't be very nice. Sure, I don't have to believe in their religious view points, but I don't have to go out of my way just to be a jerk and start shit either.
Posted 2/7/17
Wait are you going run for pres? please do explain
24771 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 2/7/17
First act of order would to be to find a first lady, then a second lady, then a third...

Fred, you don't have to win the presidential race to get a waifu. You probably already have a waifu on your friends list!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.