First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
If Trump can be president, that means all of us can
Dragon
64055 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/7/17 , edited 2/7/17

johnnymcool wrote:

Yeah, but those people said all those things about sjw's in response to all the condescending Trump stuff. If you put out condescension, you'll most probably get it in return. The way how a lot of people express their opinions on here is very antagonizing, so they kinda have to expect there will be a like reaction, ya know, Newton and all that jazz. I would express myself more neutrally if they did. If I went into a church and said "You guys are all stupid for believing in fairy tales.", I'm pretty sure the general reaction won't be very nice. Sure, I don't have to believe in their religious view points, but I don't have to go out of my way just to be a jerk and start shit either.


I'm fairly sure I've seen quite a number of just random liberal tears and SJW posts, but okay, let's say that alllll of those are in response to anti-Trump posts. How does that make it right? Why not respond with facts about Trump to counter the Trump arguments? This isn't a shrine to Trump or any president or gov't figure or system of law, so it's not exactly like coming to a house of worship and yelling they're following fairy tales.
atleap 
4810 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Way North
Offline
Posted 2/7/17
Well not all of us can. But those among us who are American and are above 35 years old can. And of course a means to get a shitload of money to fund a crazy campaign(seems like they only get crazier, so more money). Other than that, yes, Trump has proved that you don't have to be in politics, or even be politically interested to become the President. You don't even have to be particularly smart.
11521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:

First act of order would to be to find a first lady, then a second lady, then a third...

Fred, you don't have to win the presidential race to get a waifu. You probably already have a waifu on your friends list!


Not everyone needs a waifu PV. And not everyone cares.

22232 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 2/7/17 , edited 2/7/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

First act of order would to be to find a first lady, then a second lady, then a third...

Fred, you don't have to win the presidential race to get a waifu. You probably already have a waifu on your friends list!


Not everyone needs a waifu PV. And not everyone cares.



Fred has made several girlfriend threads. I was referring to him, not me.
11521 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

First act of order would to be to find a first lady, then a second lady, then a third...

Fred, you don't have to win the presidential race to get a waifu. You probably already have a waifu on your friends list!


Not everyone needs a waifu PV. And not everyone cares.



Fred has made several girlfriend threads. I was referring to him, not me.


oh yeah now i remember him. my bad
2124 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / North Las Vegas
Offline
Posted 2/7/17
Make crunchyroll great again
Posted 2/7/17
Why would you want to be the president though? Sounds like a crappy job to me.
35285 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/7/17

HeartDisease wrote:
Why would you want to be the president though? Sounds like a crappy job to me.


All things considered it is a really shitty job, yes. There's a reason president's age in dog years. You can't do it without a profound desire to help your country or a profound desire for phenomenal cosmic power, itty bitty living space.
mxdan 
10822 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Online
Posted 2/7/17 , edited 2/7/17
I think in order to be president it takes a myriad of factors outside of your control. The only reason Trump was even in contention was because he had the money to stay relevant. Then it just so happens that he is running during a year of political turmoil were personal bias is at an all time high and populism to the masses is more important than behavior and experience. Basically it takes a perfect storm to become president. An appeasement to people that goes beyond typical relevance.

To be president you have to be lucky, rich, famous, or devoted to a lifetime of politics and even then we see time and time again that personal experience means little.

I think being president comes down to charisma and timing above all else because your general population seems to care little about candidates ability to reason with information correctly.

Heck if Republicans cared at all for a persons merit and ability they would of elected Ben Carson but good luck doing that after Obama .
54406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/7/17
Being president doesn't change you at all

Ur wait never mind.
12413 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Canada
Offline
Posted 2/7/17
uh, the idea anyone can be president is kind of the point. thing is, anyone can be anything, its just it'd be nice if you were also qualified for the job. someone could get a million dollar company, doesn't mean they know how to run it. you should work for your dreams, fine, but the key is work, not just go 'i have money, i can yell give me a job.' [man wouldn't that be easy] what people are more upset about is his views over 'hey, look, a political nobody is president!' that's what so many are mad with.
54406 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/7/17

Nekoshema wrote:

uh, the idea anyone can be president is kind of the point. thing is, anyone can be anything, its just it'd be nice if you were also qualified for the job. someone could get a million dollar company, doesn't mean they know how to run it. you should work for your dreams, fine, but the key is work, not just go 'i have money, i can yell give me a job.' [man wouldn't that be easy] what people are more upset about is his views over 'hey, look, a political nobody is president!' that's what so many are mad with.


Maybe you should start with fixing Canada before worrying about America ?

Posted 2/7/17
Reason why the framers of the constitution kept the requirements for holding political office very low (just age, citizenship status, residency period) was to keep there from being a ruling class. It allows the common man to control the government which by and large kept us from having the type of governments we have fought against for over 200 years now. Frankly we should all be glad that anyone can be president, could you imagine if only a handful of people could hold that office that's how you get corrupt tyrannical oppression.
mxdan 
10822 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Online
Posted 2/7/17

gotcha291 wrote:


Nekoshema wrote:

uh, the idea anyone can be president is kind of the point. thing is, anyone can be anything, its just it'd be nice if you were also qualified for the job. someone could get a million dollar company, doesn't mean they know how to run it. you should work for your dreams, fine, but the key is work, not just go 'i have money, i can yell give me a job.' [man wouldn't that be easy] what people are more upset about is his views over 'hey, look, a political nobody is president!' that's what so many are mad with.


Maybe you should start with fixing Canada before worrying about America ?



...Fixing what?

http://www.transparency.org/news/feature/corruption_perceptions_index_2016

http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/17

MakotoKamui wrote:


johnnymcool wrote:

Yeah, but those people said all those things about sjw's in response to all the condescending Trump stuff. If you put out condescension, you'll most probably get it in return. The way how a lot of people express their opinions on here is very antagonizing, so they kinda have to expect there will be a like reaction, ya know, Newton and all that jazz. I would express myself more neutrally if they did. If I went into a church and said "You guys are all stupid for believing in fairy tales.", I'm pretty sure the general reaction won't be very nice. Sure, I don't have to believe in their religious view points, but I don't have to go out of my way just to be a jerk and start shit either.


I'm fairly sure I've seen quite a number of just random liberal tears and SJW posts, but okay, let's say that alllll of those are in response to anti-Trump posts. How does that make it right? Why not respond with facts about Trump to counter the Trump arguments? This isn't a shrine to Trump or any president or gov't figure or system of law, so it's not exactly like coming to a house of worship and yelling they're following fairy tales.


But they do respond with facts, at least some people do some of the time. I never said it was a shrine to Trump. People can disagree and not like him all they want, I really don't care, but it's the WAY how they are doing it. For example, madonna saying she wants to blow up the white house doesn't exactly get people to sympathize with her.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.