First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
If Trump can be president, that means all of us can
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Online
Posted 2/7/17 , edited 2/7/17

Nekoshema wrote:

uh, the idea anyone can be president is kind of the point. thing is, anyone can be anything, its just it'd be nice if you were also qualified for the job. someone could get a million dollar company, doesn't mean they know how to run it. you should work for your dreams, fine, but the key is work, not just go 'i have money, i can yell give me a job.' [man wouldn't that be easy] what people are more upset about is his views over 'hey, look, a political nobody is president!' that's what so many are mad with.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tpW1m-8yVQ

Um, I'm sorry, what was that? Your prime minister Justin Trudeau said "Honor killings shouldn't be considered barbaric?", a man that was formerly a snowboard instructor and was in no political position before he was pm? He sounds like a political nobody and a danger to his own people MUUUUUUUUUUCH more than Trump could ever be. Trump doesn't allow aloha snack bars to go rape his own country and blow shit up.
54416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/7/17 , edited 2/7/17


And there is my point do I have the right to tell you how to run Canada ??? I do not huge unemployment crazy medicare expenses those are your problems fix those problems.

mxdan 
11250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 2/7/17 , edited 2/7/17

johnnymcool wrote:

But they do respond with facts, at least some people do some of the time. I never said it was a shrine to Trump. People can disagree and not like him all they want, I really don't care, but it's the WAY how they are doing it. For example, madonna saying she wants to blow up the white house doesn't exactly get people to sympathize with her.


I mean sure if your interpretation and idea of liberals is the one broadcasted for higher viewership of course all you're going to see is subterfuge.

Dragon
65200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 2/7/17 , edited 2/7/17

johnnymcool wrote:

But they do respond with facts, at least some people do some of the time. I never said it was a shrine to Trump. People can disagree and not like him all they want, I really don't care, but it's the WAY how they are doing it. For example, madonna saying she wants to blow up the white house doesn't exactly get people to sympathize with her.


No.. you said

If I went into a church and said "You guys are all stupid for believing in fairy tales."

Let's be precise, here. Your analogy was anti-Trump posts are similar to telling people in church that they are stupid and believe in fairy tales. Liberal tears memes, SJW's on suicide watch - the things I mentioned originally - those aren't facts. They're more similar to againstness than pointing out anti-Trump things. I never brought up Modanna, you just brought that into the conversation, and even that is out of context, but has nothing to do with the posts here.

I mean, even here, you're still not on topic. You still have yet to reply to how I pointed out that yes, Trump is very much redefining who can be president, which I even put in a reply to you!

ETA: Oh, and of course, even if some folks do sometimes respond with facts, that still doesn't negate my original point about you saying you'd go with condescension instead.
mxdan 
11250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 2/7/17

gotcha291 wrote:


mxdan wrote:


gotcha291 wrote:


Nekoshema wrote:

uh, the idea anyone can be president is kind of the point. thing is, anyone can be anything, its just it'd be nice if you were also qualified for the job. someone could get a million dollar company, doesn't mean they know how to run it. you should work for your dreams, fine, but the key is work, not just go 'i have money, i can yell give me a job.' [man wouldn't that be easy] what people are more upset about is his views over 'hey, look, a political nobody is president!' that's what so many are mad with.


Maybe you should start with fixing Canada before worrying about America ?



...Fixing what?

http://www.transparency.org/news/feature/corruption_perceptions_index_2016

http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking


And there is my point do I have the right to tell you how to run Canada ??? I do not huge unemployment crazy medicare expenses those are your problems fix those problems.



I live in America. I'm just pointing out that we no longer live in the stone age. People can be aware of the issues without actually being in the country. In fact I'd argue that a good portion of the American populace is pretty blissful to begin with.

Secondly, no one tells Canada how to run their country because they run it pretty well, but that doesn't mean their aren't specific issues we are exempt from offering advice on.
54416 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/7/17

mxdan wrote:


gotcha291 wrote:


mxdan wrote:


gotcha291 wrote:


Nekoshema wrote:

uh, the idea anyone can be president is kind of the point. thing is, anyone can be anything, its just it'd be nice if you were also qualified for the job. someone could get a million dollar company, doesn't mean they know how to run it. you should work for your dreams, fine, but the key is work, not just go 'i have money, i can yell give me a job.' [man wouldn't that be easy] what people are more upset about is his views over 'hey, look, a political nobody is president!' that's what so many are mad with.


Maybe you should start with fixing Canada before worrying about America ?



...Fixing what?

http://www.transparency.org/news/feature/corruption_perceptions_index_2016

http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking


And there is my point do I have the right to tell you how to run Canada ??? I do not huge unemployment crazy medicare expenses those are your problems fix those problems.



I live in America. I'm just pointing out that we no longer live in the stone age. People can be aware of the issues without actually being in the country. In fact I'd argue that a good portion of the American populace is pretty blissful to begin with.

Secondly, no one tells Canada how to run their country because they run it pretty well, but that doesn't mean their aren't specific issues we are exempt from offering advice on.


The OP was from Canada is why I wrote that you just want to make a point and that is fine point taken.

35928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/17
Yes.. to a degree.

In the past all presidents had either political or military experience. Trump had neither. The only thing that Trump had in common with presidents of the past is that he's wealthy and has decent name recognition. Most cynics would have told you that those are all that really mattered long before Trump's election.

Now, if a drunken hobo who spouts off the same kind of crazy unsubstantiated nonsense that Trump's twitter account does got elected? Then, then you can truly say that anyone can be president.
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Online
Posted 2/7/17

mxdan wrote:


johnnymcool wrote:

But they do respond with facts, at least some people do some of the time. I never said it was a shrine to Trump. People can disagree and not like him all they want, I really don't care, but it's the WAY how they are doing it. For example, madonna saying she wants to blow up the white house doesn't exactly get people to sympathize with her.


I mean sure if your interpretation and idea of liberals is the one broadcasted for higher viewership of course all you're going to see is subterfuge.



It's not just that, but they're beliefs in general, plus I'm in liberal New York, so I'm constantly surrounded by their kind, so I know what they're generally like. You're going to keep making me repeat myself. Believe whatever you want to believe, but I know the truth. From this point on, If you keep arguing with me about this, I'm just going to respond "YOU'RE BRAINWASHED!" That goes for any anti Trump person on here. I've already stated the facts, the logic, the common sense, provided video evidence, had tons of personal experience, etc. to support what I say and disprove what you guys say. I'm getting tired of repeating myself over and over again. Like I said, go to The Bronx, Detroit, Chicago, or Baltimore and tell people there you are a Trump supporter, and I'll be there standing there with a stopwatch counting how long it'll take for them to jump you and beat you to an inch of your life. "Oh wow, a new record! It only took them 2 seconds this time!"
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Online
Posted 2/7/17

MakotoKamui wrote:


johnnymcool wrote:

But they do respond with facts, at least some people do some of the time. I never said it was a shrine to Trump. People can disagree and not like him all they want, I really don't care, but it's the WAY how they are doing it. For example, madonna saying she wants to blow up the white house doesn't exactly get people to sympathize with her.


No.. you said

If I went into a church and said "You guys are all stupid for believing in fairy tales."

Let's be precise, here. Your analogy was anti-Trump posts are similar to telling people in church that they are stupid and believe in fairy tales. Liberal tears memes, SJW's on suicide watch - the things I mentioned originally - those aren't facts. They're more similar to againstness than pointing out anti-Trump things. I never brought up Modanna, you just brought that into the conversation, and even that is out of context, but has nothing to do with the posts here.

I mean, even here, you're still not on topic. You still have yet to reply to how I pointed out that yes, Trump is very much redefining who can be president, which I even put in a reply to you!

ETA: Oh, and of course, even if some folks do sometimes respond with facts, that still doesn't negate my original point about you saying you'd go with condescension instead.


I never said jokes against libs were facts. I never said you brought up Madonna. I brought her up as a typical example of the sort of inflammatory sjw remarks that gets people to want to be condescending to her, much like how people on here say condensing comments about Trump and it comes back to them. And I never said I was going to be the one to tell how not just anyone can be president. You're assuming again and putting words in my mouth again.
runec 
36337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/7/17

gotcha291 wrote:
Maybe you should start with fixing Canada before worrying about America ?


"We would like to be the most powerful nation on earth but also not have to listen to any criticism about how it affects everyone else"?



johnnymcool wrote:
It's not just that, but they're beliefs in general, plus I'm in liberal New York, so I'm constantly surrounded by their kind, so I know what they're generally like. You're going to keep making me repeat myself. Believe whatever you want to believe, but I know the truth. From this point on, If you keep arguing with me about this, I'm just going to respond "YOU'RE BRAINWASHED!" That goes for any anti Trump person on here. I've already stated the facts, the logic, the common sense, provided video evidence, had tons of personal experience, etc. to support what I say and disprove what you guys say.


Man, you are really deep in the Koolaid bowl aren't you? >.>

mxdan 
11250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 2/7/17 , edited 2/7/17

johnnymcool wrote:


mxdan wrote:


johnnymcool wrote:

But they do respond with facts, at least some people do some of the time. I never said it was a shrine to Trump. People can disagree and not like him all they want, I really don't care, but it's the WAY how they are doing it. For example, madonna saying she wants to blow up the white house doesn't exactly get people to sympathize with her.


I mean sure if your interpretation and idea of liberals is the one broadcasted for higher viewership of course all you're going to see is subterfuge.



It's not just that, but they're beliefs in general, plus I'm in liberal New York, so I'm constantly surrounded by their kind, so I know what they're generally like. You're going to keep making me repeat myself. Believe whatever you want to believe, but I know the truth. From this point on, If you keep arguing with me about this, I'm just going to respond "YOU'RE BRAINWASHED!" That goes for any anti Trump person on here. I've already stated the facts, the logic, the common sense, provided video evidence, had tons of personal experience, etc. to support what I say and disprove what you guys say. I'm getting tired of repeating myself over and over again. Like I said, go to The Bronx, Detroit, Chicago, or Baltimore and tell people there you are a Trump supporter, and I'll be there standing there with a stopwatch counting how long it'll take for them to jump you and beat you to an inch of your life. "Oh wow, a new record! It only took them 2 seconds this time!"


That's an easy way to cut off a discussion with dishonesty. You don't want to actually challenge your own generalizations. They are comfortable and purely right to you. Personal experience inside of cities is hardly proof of confirmation of what your claiming: "They are all the same."

At the end of the day you can ignore what I'm saying with your "Brainwashed" caveat. But all you do when you do that is prove that your argument is weak.

I think you're experiencing confirmation bias.

Do you actually go out of your way to challenge your beliefs? Are you skeptical of them?

By your own admittance your idea of liberals is a section of the very liberal New York. And where are your beliefs from there formed? Grocery stores? The subway? Libraries? How about tolerant publications that listen to both sides but lean to the left in New York? How about going up to ex-military that lean a little left?

If you walk up to randoms on the street and your automatically forming generalizations without getting to know the depth of their character then your simply not learning anything. Generalizations mean little. And yet when they are proven wrong time and time again in history people, like yourself, utterly ignore that their 'tribal' significance means little in todays world.
11740 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 2/7/17
Can a Nazi like me be president?

...

just a hypothetical question
20081 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
37 / M / Small Wooded town...
Offline
Posted 2/7/17

Nekoshema wrote:

uh, the idea anyone can be president is kind of the point. thing is, anyone can be anything, its just it'd be nice if you were also qualified for the job. someone could get a million dollar company, doesn't mean they know how to run it. you should work for your dreams, fine, but the key is work, not just go 'i have money, i can yell give me a job.' [man wouldn't that be easy] what people are more upset about is his views over 'hey, look, a political nobody is president!' that's what so many are mad with.

'Just because your in politics does not mean you are able to run a country as well. The Clintons Are horrible with money, they kept going broke they even try to steal from the white house. ' lucky for them they found some rich backers willing to give them money for political favors aka playing the game. '(to me that does not sound like someone you would want running a country. But then I was smart enough not to vote for Hillary or Trump.. I voted for Jerid Glasspoole. Because he would have made America into an Utopia.

After all Science and logic is his way of life.
Dragon
65200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Online
Posted 2/7/17 , edited 2/7/17

johnnymcool wrote:

I never said jokes against libs were facts. I never said you brought up Madonna. I brought her up as a typical example of the sort of inflammatory sjw remarks that gets people to want to be condescending to her, much like how people on here say condensing comments about Trump and it comes back to them. And I never said I was going to be the one to tell how not just anyone can be president. You're assuming again and putting words in my mouth again.


You are responding to a thread about how all of us can be president, so one would assume you'd like to be on topic at least a little. That's not me putting words in your mouth, that's me pointing out the rules. Trying to get us back on topic. But okay, let's carry on since you don't want to do that!

I really don't want to put words in your mouth, so I'm going to quote you and try to parse. Please point out where I get it wrong, okay?
Yeah, but those people said all those things about sjw's in response to all the condescending Trump stuff - well, that definitely wasn't Modanna, since she doesn't post here as far as I know, so you're still bringing in something random. Please, feel free to actually point to something said here that you felt you had to condescend to.

If you put out condescension, you'll most probably get it in return. - yes, I agree here.

The way how a lot of people express their opinions on here is very antagonizing, so they kinda have to expect there will be a like reaction, ya know, Newton and all that jazz. - And my point was that there's lots of push from either side, so your complaint about being pushed to the limits seems a bit false.

I would express myself more neutrally if they did. - Me too. But some folks seem to insist on stirring up trouble, and while I often try to maintain a non-interaction policy, sometimes I just have to step in, because yes, even mods have opinions.

If I went into a church and said "You guys are all stupid for believing in fairy tales.", I'm pretty sure the general reaction won't be very nice. - And this here is why I was talking about this not being a shrine to anything. Yes, I agree, going to a church and shouting "god isn't real" or whatnot would be rude and wrong. But this isn't a church. The analogy is flawed.

I've had people come up to me on the street corner and shout how I'm going to hell. I'm pretty sure they were there for the San Diego ComiCon, which was the next weekend, while I was there for a virtualization/mapping seminar, but that's okay. I've had people argue at me online that I'm going to hell for mutilating my genitals since I had an orchiectomy, and with certain readings of the bible, that's a no-no, too.

But those don't really apply here. If you get really upset over political posts, go over to some site that just assumes your viewpoint, there are plenty for everyone, and you won't get so upset when you see someone posting something against your viewpoint. Deciding to get triggered and condescending towards other posters here isn't helping your position in the least. Respond with facts and figures. Report if they get offensive, but escalating doesn't help anyone, and just diverting doesn't encourage discussion, like bringing up Modanna all of a sudden. If you want, we can talk about how that is kind of a distraction and taken out of context, but it has nothing to do with the postings here that you were complaining about nor does it have any relevance to Trump being president meaning all of us can.
Banned
371 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M
Online
Posted 2/7/17

mxdan wrote:


johnnymcool wrote:


mxdan wrote:


johnnymcool wrote:

But they do respond with facts, at least some people do some of the time. I never said it was a shrine to Trump. People can disagree and not like him all they want, I really don't care, but it's the WAY how they are doing it. For example, madonna saying she wants to blow up the white house doesn't exactly get people to sympathize with her.


I mean sure if your interpretation and idea of liberals is the one broadcasted for higher viewership of course all you're going to see is subterfuge.



It's not just that, but they're beliefs in general, plus I'm in liberal New York, so I'm constantly surrounded by their kind, so I know what they're generally like. You're going to keep making me repeat myself. Believe whatever you want to believe, but I know the truth. From this point on, If you keep arguing with me about this, I'm just going to respond "YOU'RE BRAINWASHED!" That goes for any anti Trump person on here. I've already stated the facts, the logic, the common sense, provided video evidence, had tons of personal experience, etc. to support what I say and disprove what you guys say. I'm getting tired of repeating myself over and over again. Like I said, go to The Bronx, Detroit, Chicago, or Baltimore and tell people there you are a Trump supporter, and I'll be there standing there with a stopwatch counting how long it'll take for them to jump you and beat you to an inch of your life. "Oh wow, a new record! It only took them 2 seconds this time!"


That's an easy way to cut off a discussion with dishonesty. You don't want to actually challenge your own generalizations. They are comfortable and purely right to you. Personal experience inside of cities is hardly proof of confirmation of what your claiming: "They are all the same."

At the end of the day you can ignore what I'm saying with your "Brainwashed" caveat. But all you do when you do that is prove that your argument is weak.

I think you're experiencing confirmation bias.

Do you actually go out of your way to challenge your beliefs? Are you skeptical of them?

By your own admittance your idea of liberals is a section of the very liberal New York. And where are your beliefs from there formed? Grocery stores? The subway? Libraries? How about tolerant publications that listen to both sides but lean to the left in New York? How about going up to ex-military that lean a little left?

If you walk up to randoms on the street and your automatically forming generalizations without getting to know the depth of their character then your simply not learning anything. Generalizations mean little. And yet when they are proven wrong time and time again in history people, like yourself, utterly ignore that their 'tribal' significance means little in todays world.


Wrong again! YOU'RE BRAINWASHED!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.