First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Thanks a Million - A Week of Celebration and Prizes!
70728 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
59 / Helena, MT
Offline
Posted 2/13/17 , edited 2/15/17
I think this whole thing is a crock of horsepucky. Just another scam by our "friends" at CR. Treat your premium members like crap for years, then think we will jump up and down with excitement when you screw us again?! I wouldn't join any "social media" for any reason, let alone some crap that nobody will win anyway.
16768 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 2/13/17

BlackRose0607 wrote:

And I was talking specifically about the T&Cs for the Crunchyroll Trip to Japan Contest in which it states this under Eligibility: 'Each Entrant must be a Premium Plus member of the online community Crunchyroll.com', and this under How To Enter: 'During the Submission Period, post on Twitter or Instagram an image or video with #CRmillion or via email to [email protected] showing how anime makes you feel: crazy, happy, sad or any other crazy emotion(s) you feel when watching anime (“Submission”).' I have not seen mentioned in the T&Cs or contest details a way to enter any of the other giveaways by email, however the only other link for the T&Cs for the contests that's actually working is the Crunchyroll Friends Prize Package where you just have to subscribe to their channel on YouTube and make a comment on the specific video that they mentioned. So, only the trip to Japan contest has mentioned being able to enter by email so far, something they could have easily added to the main post about the contest here, therefore avoiding angering people such as me, and for the other one all they have to add is 'Premium and Premium Plus members' so I don't see how hard it would be to add that to the T&Cs for that contest.


The Friends Prize Package is (as far as I'm aware) a brand new contest, so they probably had to draw up the T&Cs from scratch for that one, so it's probably more accurate. With the Trip to Japan one, they've done the same contest several times before, and it's clear they've only changed certain parts of the T&Cs for the original contest for this new one, whilst forgetting to edit other parts. This is clear from the closing date supposedly being 31st December 2015 (last paragraph I think, sorry I am unable to check right now), as well as the thing about Premium+ members, as Miles confirned in an earlier post that it's open to all Premium members.

This is why I was unsure of the email thing, because judging from the state of the rest of the document, it is possible that the edits were done in a hurry and the person doing them simply forgot to omit the section about email. As you say, if it was open to email as well they probably would have included that on the main post (please ignore what I said previously on this, if I think about it properly I don't suppose it makes much sense for them to leave something so simple out).

Contrary to what I may have implied previously, I think the edit problems with the T&Cs are more likely to come down to 'didn't notice it' than 'can't be bothered' (regarding unremoved or unedited parts).
16768 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M
Offline
Posted 2/13/17 , edited 2/15/17

Hachihime wrote:

Your incorrect about social media, once you have an account you have presence with them, and they make sure to get everything out of your computer they can. for advertising and media use they can and you can be sure you will see ads because you joined! not to meniton all the statistic's they will get on you, in the future as well every time you turn on your computer ..


With all due respect, your previous post heavily implies that you don't have social media yourself, so I'm not sure where you are getting these 1984-like ideas of them being tools with which to spy on you and steal your personal information from.

For one, unless you specifically choose to install the desktop applications, social media can't do anything to your computer when you haven't specifically chosen to open the website. They don't do anything to your computer just by turning it on because they are websites, not programs.

Secondly, whilst they ask for a lot of information, the only thing you actually have to provide is an email address to confirm registration of the account; you can just as easily use a separate email account you don't regularly use for this (or you can even create a new one and delete it once you've completed the registration stage). There is nothing to stop you from providing false personal information for the rest of the 'required' data entries.

Regarding ads, I use Adblockers (you can usually get them for free on your internet browser's app store, though I only use Chrome so don't know much about others), but even then I don't know if Twitter or Instagram actually have adverts or not. Facebook is admittedly a little more intrusive, but Twitter is easy to make an account for and then ignore. It can't do anything to you or your computer if you aren't using it.
aiewyn 
18 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/13/17 , edited 2/15/17
For the premium-only entries, does the twitter/instagram account have to be associated with the email for our crunchyroll accounts? Because I use a different email for most of my social media
Nateb 
23072 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/13/17 , edited 2/15/17
I don't have a twitter or instagram is there any way I can enter in on the Thursday and Friday contests through the forums? (I'm not big on using twitter, instagram, or facebook)...
89662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Louisville, KY
Offline
Posted 2/13/17 , edited 2/15/17
More facebook/twitter crap, why have a forum if you can't enter a contest ON THE FORUM?
18 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 2/13/17 , edited 2/15/17
So am I missing something? I tried using the code but its throwing an error message.
24122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / United States, DE
Online
Posted 2/13/17 , edited 2/15/17
People are really on here COMPLAINING about all this free stuff just because they can't be bothered to make a social media account? Wow. ..

How about you all just be happy instead of whining? This is a very nice thing they are doing for us. And they obviously don't need to go this far, so stop complaining about having the chance to get free stuff. Seriously.
24122 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / F / United States, DE
Online
Posted 2/13/17 , edited 2/15/17

BlueValkyrie09 wrote:

So am I missing something? I tried using the code but its throwing an error message.


This is happening to me too.

11111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/13/17 , edited 2/15/17

MilesExpress999 wrote:

Just wanted to remind folks that only the Tuesday contest is US-only, we worked hard to make sure the overwhelming majority of these promotions were available to users in tons of different countries!! We've also been working harder than ever to provide more anime in more places than ever before, and we've been breaking our own records all around the world every new season. We hear you, and we're doing our best!!!

KnightmareFrame9: The discounted items will be available starting tomorrow through next weekend!!

As for the Trip to Japan contest, it's open for all Premium users. The first three days of prizes are open to general CR users, and the last two are Premium-only.

I hope this clears up some questions ~

You say this, but it is only technically true. For the first prize, the store outside of the US is severely gimped, and with the customs and shipping charges the discount is essentially well and truly scrubbed off. For the Wednesday and Thursday contents, both of these prizes will be liable for customs charges too, which would be 20% of the value of the prize plus whatever they want to charge for shipping. That basically makes Wednesday's prize redundant, because we'd likely have to pay the cost of the items through this anyway, and for the Thursday one, it's pretty much up in the air - there's a good chance we'd end up having to shell out over £100 just to receive it. And then we have the matter of the equipment using American plugs, and the Blu rays being for the US region. That leaves only the Friday prize that is actually worth it outside of the US, and then it doesn't look so great anymore.

You also say "we're doing our best to get anime into every region", and I know this isn't really your fault as you are being paid to tell us this, but at some point "our best" just isn't good enough. Every other part of the world pays as much as if not more than the US, for significantly less. It has been like this for years.
Lodium 
50056 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
40 / M
Offline
Posted 2/13/17 , edited 2/15/17
One reason some people arent happy about having to use social media coud be because of all the spam they are reciving.
Facebbock is especially notorius for this. If you are sligthly interested in something you will get flooded with offers and the like.
85602 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Utah
Offline
Posted 2/13/17 , edited 2/15/17
Announcement video, https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/830914385971273728?s=09

I'm curious as to what the "special thank you" to the most loyal subscribers will be. Any ideas?
Snowon 
26328 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Goshen, IN
Offline
Posted 2/13/17 , edited 2/15/17

My personal gift for everyone on this thread.



also I'll sit this contest out because my drawing ability is limited to stick figures...and I just had Pizza
105347 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Online
Posted 2/13/17 , edited 2/15/17

Ratchet14 wrote:

Every other part of the world pays as much as if not more than the US, for significantly less. It has been like this for years.

I take it you apparently don't pay your subscription in Euros as that claim doesn't hold true:



Currently, 4.99 Euros = US$5.29 & 8.99 Euros = $9.54, while people in the US pay $6.95 monthly for a Premium Membership & US$11.95 per month for a Premium Plus membership.



1818 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/13/17 , edited 2/15/17


why am i getting this message by using the code?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.