First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply How Important Is Your Privacy ?
564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
All of time / God
Offline
Posted 3/6/17
it depends.
564 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
All of time / God
Offline
Posted 3/6/17
like Privacy is important to me. i haven't posted a pic of me online since july 2016. i dont want someone finding me or where i work. about the only personal stuff i'll post is where i live (its quite obvious from my avatar), but safety is important to me too. you dont want someone secretly talk about plans to blow a building up, im all for some regulation to prevent stuff like that.

in the end of the day its all about Safety vs Privacy. 100% privacy = 0% safety, and visa versa its impossible for everyone to be totally private and safe
23748 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / FL
Offline
Posted 3/9/17
Depends on how "important you are asking
25552 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Northern Ireland
Offline
Posted 3/9/17
While I'm a seriously over sharer so there is very little about me my immediate circle of family and friends don't know I still don't like it when people watch me playing games or browsing youtube etc.

I don't like it when I'm not the one in control of my privacy basically. If you want to know what porn I look at then ask, don't go invading my privacy to find out without my consent.
2443 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/10/17
i saw this recently

Privacy and smartphone apps: What data your phone may be giving away (CBC Marketplace)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx1AUupLn2w

read this
http://www.consumerreports.org/mobile-apps/how-to-pick-a-secure-messaging-app/


i tried What'sapp but none only 1 of my contacts is using what's app..
3834 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/20/17
15526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/20/17 , edited 4/20/17
I consider privacy to be quite important, also I don't trust the government officials to not be or become corrupt and abuse their positions of power. It happens already and will continue to happen, so my vote is for as much privacy as we can get. If I haven't done anything wrong and you have no evidence that might suggest I've done something wrong then you have no place poking your nose into my affairs. Don't want to edge even slightly closer to a future where police and government can just waltz right into your house and search your things "just to be safe".
303 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
∞ / ☿ / PDX
Offline
Posted 4/20/17
I don't have anything to hide, but I tend to avoid surveillance and moderation just because that's part of my personality.
Posted 4/20/17
Highly.
2443 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/20/17

Hazard wrote:

I don't have anything to hide, but I tend to avoid surveillance and moderation just because that's part of my personality.


a lot of your personal information is readily available to the public than you think



to anyone who is pretty confidence about how well they protect their personal information..

try these sites

search by an email you are using or first and last name

see how much information they have on you

i tried it.. and it's pretty creepy they can pull up the names of my relatives as well :/

http://visualwho.com/

https://www.truthfinder.com/


29031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 4/21/17
Privacy is important so is safety but I want my privacy since I do stuff considered illegal in my nanny country
29031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 4/21/17 , edited 4/21/17

dulun18 wrote:


Hazard wrote:

I don't have anything to hide, but I tend to avoid surveillance and moderation just because that's part of my personality.


a lot of your personal information is readily available to the public than you think



to anyone who is pretty confidence about how well they protect their personal information..

try these sites

search by an email you are using or first and last name

see how much information they have on you

i tried it.. and it's pretty creepy they can pull up the names of my relatives as well :/

http://visualwho.com/

https://www.truthfinder.com/




Neither can pull up my abusive ex lol got curious if she got a criminal charge yet heh

well the second one might be able to but fuck paying for curiosity :u
8775 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Palm Coast, Florida
Offline
Posted 4/21/17

Ryulightorb wrote:

Privacy is important so is safety but I want my privacy since I do stuff considered illegal in my nanny country


Such as....????
29031 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 4/21/17 , edited 4/21/17

MonoDreams wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

Privacy is important so is safety but I want my privacy since I do stuff considered illegal in my nanny country


Such as....????


Alot of hentai and Visual novels are illegal in my country for many reasons.

Most of my friends who played monmusu quest here could have gone to jail for 20 years+ just for doing so.

I'm not a big watcher of hentai so that doesn't impact me but i do read a lot of visual novels which explicit scenes that are considered in my country illegal.

Heck even reading Shuffle could get you sent to jail here lmao one guy i know got warned when he imported Japanese figurines and had them taken off him costing hundreds cause one of the characters was under 18 and deemed "Sexually provacative"

Though i do also do illegal stuff like streaming and for my own safety i would love to keep that a secret
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.