First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply Guns General Discussion Thread
27675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 2/19/17
Got the Baretta in vision. Been meaning to buy one.
36 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
76 / O / The Danger Zone
Offline
Posted 2/19/17
@Con200, Not the gun's fault bad parenting results in guns lying around on beds.
Banned
30256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/20/17 , edited 2/20/17

MysticGon wrote:

Got the Baretta in vision. Been meaning to buy one.


Which one? 92/ 96? Great pistols. Get a bad reputation from military guys- as do most military issue weapons, and all for the same reason; that most servicemembers have only used ones that have been heavily worn and abused over decades of hard service. The arms room beaters I've used have lived up to the bad rep, but I know it's just because of the wear, not a poor design. New, well-maintained Beretta 92/ 96/ M9s are fantastic pistols. I have an M9A1 and a model 96, and they'll chamber any round I feed them (even ones that don't feed in my other pistols of the caliber) and are well and away the most accurate, reliable handguns I own. The 92 has ridiculously low felt recoil because the slide has so little reciprocating mass thanks to the big cut-out on top of the slide, which means the sights barely come up off target under recoil. It's a dream for fast follow-up shots, and is my go-to for three-gun competition. The 96 has a lot more muzzle flip, but... well, .40 S&W is a "snappy" round. I almost think the recoil characteristics of that cartridge are worse than .45 ACP.

If you mean shotguns, the Beretta M2 is quite nice as well. As for rifles... I don't have any experience with the Berettas. I hear nice things about the Cx4, but I've not heard anything good about the ARX100. Which is a shame, because it looks like an interesting design. Reliability issues, from what I hear.
22256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 2/20/17

outontheop wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Let's not insult each other here.


I give respect to those who earn it, and grant same in return, and I am nice to those who do likewise.

I feel no compulsion to be nice to ranting racist ultranationalists, nor do I feel the need to sugarcoat when I call someone out on being wrong. He's wrong, full stop.


I think there is a legitimate difference between respect as in the admiration of acknowledgement of someone's accomplishment, and there is the tiny amount of respect we give to sentient beings.

My problem is not that you are explaining why he is wrong, nor will I ask you to sugarcoat it, but this is clearly an insult, which seemingly is based off of previous beef that has you brought up in this thread.

I speak from experience that bringing up past conflicts is a bad idea. I did it with another forumer several times and it never has ended well for either of us.

Posted 2/20/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


outontheop wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Let's not insult each other here.


I give respect to those who earn it, and grant same in return, and I am nice to those who do likewise.

I feel no compulsion to be nice to ranting racist ultranationalists, nor do I feel the need to sugarcoat when I call someone out on being wrong. He's wrong, full stop.


I think there is a legitimate difference between respect as in the admiration of acknowledgement of someone's accomplishment, and there is the tiny amount of respect we give to sentient beings.

My problem is not that you are explaining why he is wrong, nor will I ask you to sugarcoat it, but this is clearly an insult, which seemingly is based off of previous beef that has you brought up in this thread.

I speak from experience that bringing up past conflicts is a bad idea. I did it with another forumer several times and it never has ended well for either of us.



>> but wait P.V. your still insulting people so what has changed sorry, but i call you on this comment? maybe you can
explain i see you going around asking others to marry you that line is old? I will agree insults are not a good thing! but you need to work on it
as well it does not take much for me to find where you have insulted people! I hope i did not come across harsh but this is honestly how i feel.
22256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 2/20/17

MysteryMiss wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


outontheop wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:

Let's not insult each other here.


I give respect to those who earn it, and grant same in return, and I am nice to those who do likewise.

I feel no compulsion to be nice to ranting racist ultranationalists, nor do I feel the need to sugarcoat when I call someone out on being wrong. He's wrong, full stop.


I think there is a legitimate difference between respect as in the admiration of acknowledgement of someone's accomplishment, and there is the tiny amount of respect we give to sentient beings.

My problem is not that you are explaining why he is wrong, nor will I ask you to sugarcoat it, but this is clearly an insult, which seemingly is based off of previous beef that has you brought up in this thread.

I speak from experience that bringing up past conflicts is a bad idea. I did it with another forumer several times and it never has ended well for either of us.



>> but wait P.V. your still insulting people so what has changed sorry, but i call you on this comment? maybe you can
explain i see you going around asking others to marry you that line is old? I will agree insults are not a good thing! but you need to work on it
as well it does not take much for me to find where you have insulted people! I hope i did not come across harsh but this is honestly how i feel.


I do have a proclivity to it, hence why I brought up the beef several times with a certain someone. I am warning him based on those certain experiences. I will say that outside of that I am somewhat fair, albeit I may be a bit high strung due to certain circumstances.

I am interested in my track record however. Do you remember any?
27675 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 2/20/17

outontheop wrote:


MysticGon wrote:

Got the Baretta in vision. Been meaning to buy one.


Which one? 92/ 96? Great pistols. Get a bad reputation from military guys- as do most military issue weapons, and all for the same reason; that most servicemembers have only used ones that have been heavily worn and abused over decades of hard service. The arms room beaters I've used have lived up to the bad rep, but I know it's just because of the wear, not a poor design. New, well-maintained Beretta 92/ 96/ M9s are fantastic pistols. I have an M9A1 and a model 96, and they'll chamber any round I feed them (even ones that don't feed in my other pistols of the caliber) and are well and away the most accurate, reliable handguns I own. The 92 has ridiculously low felt recoil because the slide has so little reciprocating mass thanks to the big cut-out on top of the slide, which means the sights barely come up off target under recoil. It's a dream for fast follow-up shots, and is my go-to for three-gun competition. The 96 has a lot more muzzle flip, but... well, .40 S&W is a "snappy" round. I almost think the recoil characteristics of that cartridge are worse than .45 ACP.

If you mean shotguns, the Beretta M2 is quite nice as well. As for rifles... I don't have any experience with the Berettas. I hear nice things about the Cx4, but I've not heard anything good about the ARX100. Which is a shame, because it looks like an interesting design. Reliability issues, from what I hear.


I meant the handgun the 9mm. Not sure which since I'm a gun newbie but I spent a couple hours at the range falling in love with it. Went through three boxes of ammo. Had hardly and recoil like you said. I'd gladly drop the $600 on it for an early birthday present.
Banned
30256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/20/17 , edited 2/20/17

MysticGon wrote:

I meant the handgun the 9mm. Not sure which since I'm a gun newbie but I spent a couple hours at the range falling in love with it. Went through three boxes of ammo. Had hardly and recoil like you said. I'd gladly drop the $600 on it for an early birthday present.


As far as I know, Beretta currently produces generally two lines of handgun: the model 92/ M9/ model 96 (basically all the same gun with different options and calibers), and the Px4.

92/ 96/ M9: http://www.beretta.com/assets/0/15/DimThumbnail/m9a1_listing001.png

Px4: http://www.beretta.com/assets/0/15/DimThumbnail/px4storminoxfull_listing001.png

I guess they also have a few pocket guns in like .32 ACP and .380, but I don't think that's what you meant. I don't have any experience with those ones (I went to Kahr for my subcompact), but Beretta is a solid brand, so they're probably alright.
2279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/22/17

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:

I'm a fan of glock :)

if you are a woman or have small hands i would recommend these glocks or look for the SF (small frame) models
https://us.glock.com/products/sector/women

i will not go for a run around the neighborhood without my glock 26


i usually go to Wal-mart for ammo.. but Dick's Sporting Good will have some nice sale every now and then




for your comment about parenting

no one will bother with creating new laws restricting that right after all the accidental drowning deaths, locked in hot car deaths, abuse, etc.. i don't think there are any politician or person out there would be stupid enough to create bills that restricting people the right to have kids or when to have kids, how to raise their kids, etc..

people can be pretty vocal when their rights are being restricted because of a few.. and for those people who will not be affected by the new laws or don't even use the rights that will be restricted they could care less thus more likely to sign up for new laws after reading/watching about it on the news

I saw that movie

another good one is

Cartel Land
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4126304/

it's a good documentary. The group mentioned in the movie was on the news recently. I looked up the town. It has a population of 64 ?

There's one thing that stood out the most to me is when they stated that when you call 911 "it will take the police 1hr 30 minutes "

what's that saying ? "when seconds count the police are minutes away? " or in this case hours away


also, did you know that Dick's Sporting Goods also sell handguns ? i was told by a manager that they do not sell handguns when i was there 1 week ago

3704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/26/17 , edited 4/26/17
I have my guns for about 4+ years now.

I'm starting to see rust on the side of the gun..

i wear something similar to this when I'm going out for run.. i'm guessing the sweat caused the rust..

what's a good way to remove rust ?




14428 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/26/17

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:

I have my guns for about 4+ years now.

I'm starting to see rust on the side of the gun..

i wear something similar to this when I'm going out for run.. i'm guessing the sweat caused the rust..

what's a good way to remove rust ?






They sell rust remover at places like Cabela's and Wal-Mart. I understand keeping your gun clean and oiled helps reduce rusting.
10209 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / Abyss
Offline
Posted 4/26/17 , edited 4/26/17
Ima stick with my Rapiers. Much more fun to practice with imo. Takes a lot more practice to use.

I have shot a few guns and I didn't enjoy it too much. The only thing it showed me is how easy human life can be ended with one. Just look, aim and pull. A human life is gone. It makes killing someone far too... easy dare I say?
2279 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/26/17

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:

I have my guns for about 4+ years now.

I'm starting to see rust on the side of the gun..

i wear something similar to this when I'm going out for run.. i'm guessing the sweat caused the rust..

what's a good way to remove rust ?




i think there's some gun oil that you can use and just scrubbing (some owners said it's a bad idea though)

check your manual or gun manufacturer's website

you should add more clothing between your body and the holster to prevent further rusting..

salty water will rust metal pretty quick

Banned
30256 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 4/26/17 , edited 4/26/17

AnimeAddictANN69 wrote:

I have my guns for about 4+ years now.

I'm starting to see rust on the side of the gun..

i wear something similar to this when I'm going out for run.. i'm guessing the sweat caused the rust..

what's a good way to remove rust


WD40 or CLP works fine to remove the rust. A good coat of oil generally prevents rust, BUT has to be reapplied often, and in the context of wear against sweaty skin or sweat soaked clothes, you're probably best off applying a coat of renaissance wax ( https://www.amazon.com/Renaissance-XTL-8004-Wax-Polish-65ml/dp/B003AJWN62 ) as it provides a thicker, longer-lasting waterproof coat. Won't harm steel. In fact, the chemical composition was designed by the British Museum specifically for the preservation of historical artifacts such as swords and armors (hence the name!). I've never used it on firearms (I just use it on swords and armors), but I would recommend you keep it off the bearing surfaces in the internals; I don't think it's a very good lubricant, so should be limited to use as an external protectant coating.

Or you could buy a stainless or nickel-plated firearm and just save yourself the trouble.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.