Post Reply crunchyroll membership
11 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/9/17
when i checked the crunchy roll site it said premium member ship is CA &6.95 a month, i just checked my card and noticed that $9.30 was taken off for this month even the pass few months its been $9.48-9.55 been coming off, so i want to ask why is that?
13234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Offline
Posted 2/9/17

jahwanzah wrote:

when i checked the crunchy roll site it said premium member ship is CA &6.95 a month, i just checked my card and noticed that $9.30 was taken off for this month even the pass few months its been $9.48-9.55 been coming off, so i want to ask why is that?


$6.95 USD, which when converted to canadian dollars, become (with the current exchange rate) $9.1267 = about $9.13 canadian dollars. the difference in price is probably due to taxes as well.
11 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/9/17
that does not make sense, because it says CA $6.95/month
11 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/9/17
before it came out as $6.95 but i haven't checked in a while and now its over $9
13234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Offline
Posted 2/9/17

jahwanzah wrote:

that does not make sense, because it says CA $6.95/month


chances are, it's a bug. it makes zero sense for someone in Canada to pay significantly less than someone in the US, especially since CR is based in US. you'd basically be paying a little over 5 USD if it was indeed 6.95 canadian dollars.
11 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/9/17 , edited 2/9/17
Premium Membership
C$ 6.95 / month

Premium+ Membership
C$ 11.95 / month

there is no US$ 6.95/month or US$ 11.95/month
so there shouldnt be any exchange rate as you said or maybe i am stupid and the C$ does not stand for canadian dollar

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/258398116737187841/279310887251345409/unknown.png

there is a screenshot
13234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Offline
Posted 2/9/17

jahwanzah wrote:

Premium Membership
C$ 6.95 / month

Premium+ Membership
C$ 11.95 / month

there is no US$ 6.95/month or US$ 11.95/month
so there shouldnt be any exchange rate as you said or maybe i am stupid and the C$ does not stand for canadian dollar

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/258398116737187841/279310887251345409/unknown.png

there is a screenshot


as i said in my previous post, it's probably a bug in the site. Crunchyroll is pretty buggy.
One Punch Mod
105866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 2/9/17

jahwanzah wrote:

when i checked the crunchy roll site it said premium member ship is CA &6.95 a month, i just checked my card and noticed that $9.30 was taken off for this month even the pass few months its been $9.48-9.55 been coming off, so i want to ask why is that?


Are you paying directly via credit card to Crunchyroll or via PayPal or iTunes? That might make a difference.

If it's directly via credit card to CR, then I think you are right and that they bill Canadian customers in Canadian dollars without a currency exchange rate, but it's probably different if you're using PayPal or iTunes. I honestly don't know for sure. I suggest contacting Customer Support directly for clarification and to find out if an error has been made. Here's how:

https://help.crunchyroll.com/hc/en-us/articles/206437495-How-do-I-contact-Crunchyroll-Customer-Service-
11 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/9/17
i am paying directly via card
Der Zoodirektor
26169 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Germany
Offline
Posted 2/9/17

jahwanzah wrote:

i am paying directly via card


You probably signed up either when using some sort of proxy, or through an app that only supports billing in USD.
Let the membership expire, then use /premium_pick_plan?membership=premium to resubscribe. Make sure that you are being quoted in CAD.
You must be logged in to post.