First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Crunchyroll UK & Ireland Survey
15431 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
35 / M / Scotland
Offline
Posted 2/14/17

TiggsPanther wrote:


Eeveetamer wrote:

In future it would be nice to see more options for the manga section. I'm someone who both reads digitally (simulpubs and digital only content), but I also buy a lot of my manga physically and there wasn't a choice to reflect that so I ended up choosing digital in the hopes it puts faith into the CR service and sees you guys expand on it a bit.


The manga question was poorly devised.

For one thing, there needed to be a "Other Legal Digital Manga"option, if not a list of other services. Kindle and Bookwalker are two that I use and there are bund to be others.

For another, it needed to be a multi-select question. People don't necessarily use just digital or just physical. I know I'm a digital-only reader but I also know I'm not exactly typical.
Similarly, people don't necessarily use just legal services or just scanlations.

And having more options and the ability to select more than one would end up giving better reports, anyway. A more useful picture of people's reading trends.

Personally, I don't read physical (for any books, not just manga), do use Kindle (legal and great for offline reading), Bookwalker (also legal and great for offline reading), scanlations (not legal, but great for offline reading) and don't really use CR Manga (no offline mode - absolute dealbreaker).

And I wouldnt be surprised if there are people who buy physical versions but also use digital versions (whether CR, ebook or even scanlation) for actual reading on the go.


Agreed, there's also likes of Amazon's Comixology. Great to see this survey though it'll be all "we want one piece" followed by dissapointment when it still fails to get licensed no matter how much CR wants to offer it to Europe.
45 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 2/15/17
anime i want 1: One piece
anime i want 2: One piece
anime i want 3: One piece

I literally just want one piece and thats it.
43 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 2/15/17 , edited 2/15/17

icecreamsnow wrote:

The survey raises a great point about the horrible shipping and import costs into the UK. I'd certainly buy more if Crunchyroll could import and sell from a UK facility.I think I paid £16 for a ReZero T-Shirt and a further £12 on shipping


I was going to buy the re zero shirt thing with sleeves until i noticed the shipping costs then deemed it not worth the money.

2030 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/15/17
Done! Hopefully things will keep getting better!
49445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 2/16/17
One thing I dislike about the industry is the increasing fragmentation of where shows are broadcasted - too many exclusives requiring numerous subscriptions to multiple sites. I would prefer 1 or 2 sites where content is shared, Crunchyroll being one of them.

Great to see attention given to the UK, and simply seeing more UK users about. We're a rare, fine breed
177 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
44 / M / Milton Keynes
Offline
Posted 2/17/17
Done this via the Facebook post last week. Thank you for wanting to hear from us I too wished the manga question was better thought out. But overall I hope this gives you an idea of what we want as well overhere
41518 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / UK
Offline
Posted 2/18/17

blackmesa8 wrote:


icecreamsnow wrote:

The survey raises a great point about the horrible shipping and import costs into the UK. I'd certainly buy more if Crunchyroll could import and sell from a UK facility.I think I paid £16 for a ReZero T-Shirt and a further £12 on shipping


I was going to buy the re zero shirt thing with sleeves until i noticed the shipping costs then deemed it not worth the money.



Strangely it's slightly better than it used to be. Partly because 20% VAT has to be paid on any imports, and if it hadn't been pre-arranged it's a £8 handling fee (fine) from UK customs. So at least now the shipping fee seems to include all the import tax and processing.

Before I'd bought a £20 DVD from Crunchyroll with £3 shipping, and then got hit for £13 from UK customs because Crunchyroll hadn't sorted out any kind of import licence.

So £12 shipping is slightly better, but I'd definitely buy more if they could get a proper solution to gets the costs down.
ZabooU 
5445 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Runcorn
Offline
Posted 2/18/17
Filled it out, would be good if we get some kind of follow up on this in the future. Generally the shows I want to watch are available here its not very often I click to watch something and its not available, I had a hard time trying to remember what they were for the survey
59248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / UK
Online
Posted 2/19/17

icecreamsnow wrote:


blackmesa8 wrote:


icecreamsnow wrote:

The survey raises a great point about the horrible shipping and import costs into the UK. I'd certainly buy more if Crunchyroll could import and sell from a UK facility.I think I paid £16 for a ReZero T-Shirt and a further £12 on shipping


I was going to buy the re zero shirt thing with sleeves until i noticed the shipping costs then deemed it not worth the money.



Strangely it's slightly better than it used to be. Partly because 20% VAT has to be paid on any imports, and if it hadn't been pre-arranged it's a £8 handling fee (fine) from UK customs. So at least now the shipping fee seems to include all the import tax and processing.

Before I'd bought a £20 DVD from Crunchyroll with £3 shipping, and then got hit for £13 from UK customs because Crunchyroll hadn't sorted out any kind of import licence.

So £12 shipping is slightly better, but I'd definitely buy more if they could get a proper solution to gets the costs down.

The "fine" is from the company that takes over shipping on the UK side, not customs. So it can vary depending on who takes it over at the customs border (it's their charge for sorting out that and loaning you the 20% VAT (and duty, if it is really expensive)).
2073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/22/17
Anime I want = Digimon Adventure Tri. The complete lack of communication to why the UK gets given an F you over it is terrible customer service IMO.
106699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 2/22/17

supaikuakuma wrote:

Anime I want = Digimon Adventure Tri. The complete lack of communication to why the UK gets given an F you over it is terrible customer service IMO.

By that logic, CR should explain to each and every country that doesn't get a title why they didn't get it. Unless of course, you believe the UK is special.

The answer is simple: Europe didn't get it either because CR simply couldn't (most likely, given Toei Europe), or because it was economically non-viable.
2073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/23/17
Many countries in Europe have it but the UK, France and a couple of others have been given a big F you hence why I want an explanation on this one.
106699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 2/23/17

supaikuakuma wrote:

Many countries in Europe have it but the UK, France and a couple of others have been given a big F you hence why I want an explanation on this one.

As I said, the answer is simple. You simply don't seem to want to accept it.

2073 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/23/17 , edited 2/23/17
Clearly not as simple as you think as again MOST COUNTRIES IN EUROPE HAVE IT only a couple don't which is why it's stupid and needs a proper response from Crunchyroll or Toei.

The answer is not so simple when certain countries in a region are getting singled out for not having it when the other countries in that region have it.

The UK even has Dragon Ball Super though it's on another free site Toei decided to use so why don't they do that with Digimon?
106699 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
57 / M / U.S.A. (mid-south)
Offline
Posted 2/23/17

supaikuakuma wrote:

Clearly not as simple as you think as again MOST COUNTRIES IN EUROPE HAVE IT only a couple don't which is why it's stupid and needs a proper response from Crunchyroll or Toei.

The answer is not so simple when certain countries in a region are getting singled out for not having it when the other countries in that region have it.

The UK even has Dragon Ball Super though it's on another free site Toei decided to use so why don't they do that with Digimon?

"Only a couple" must have a different meaning in your part of the world. Below is the list of countries in Europe with those that weren't included in the late December 2015 region expansion highlighted in red:

Albania
Andorra
Armenia
Austria
Azerbaijan
Belarus
Belgium
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Bulgaria
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Georgia
Germany
Greece

Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Italy

Kazakhstan
Kosovo
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macedonia
Malta
Moldova
Monaco
Montenegro
Netherlands
Norway
Poland
Portugal
Romania
Russia
San Marino
Serbia
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
Ukraine
United Kingdom (UK)
Vatican City (Holy See)


It is as simple as I stated, it appears you just want it to be some complicated conspiracy by CR against those countries they weren't able to get rights to.

Far too often when people ask "Why?" in such situations, they aren't actually looking for an explanation, they are looking for a point to argue against.
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.