First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply The Genocide In Myanmar: The Plight Of the Rohingyas
10960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 2/13/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


uncletim wrote:

So if they aren't Christians their lives don't matter? My how very Christian of you but hardly surprising


Let's not. I'd hate to infer that he cares more about them because they Christians. It may be because they are dying in larger numbers.


A fair point, if they were.

39155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/13/17

uncletim wrote:

It's been building for a long time
http://studies.aljazeera.net/en/reports/2016/09/muslim-minorities-peril-rise-buddhist-violence-asia-160908090547506.html

Today it's the Muslims tomorrow the Hindus I guess when they finely get around to the Christensen that is when the west might act


I've never heard of radical Hindu-ism. I've never heard of Hindu terrorists beheading people or anything like that.



WHY ARE THEY BEING PERSECUTED

The Rohingya have always faced persecution and discrimination.

However that intensified in October last year following attacks by Rohingya militants which resulted in the Burmese military launching a series of so called “clearance operations” in northern Rakhine State.


What the Myanmar military / government have been doing is terrible, however, in light of what ISIS has been doing in the Middle East and in Europe, and their vow to do the same within the U.S. (actually they have, through radicalized Americans that did their crimes in the name of ISIS), I'm thinking this was what motivated the military to do these terrible things.

These Muslims made a bad situation for themselves much worse when they started killing Myanmar soldiers. I believe the the Myanmar government / military had a right to respond to the attacks, but not like this. This is inhuman. Even though I understand their fear of radical Islamic activity in their country, this action of theirs has put them on the wrong side of humanity.

Now that Myanmar is on the wrong side of humanity, their poor country is gonna be poorer, because of the coming U.N. sanctions. A bad situation will become worse for all of their people. And even though ISIS (probably) had noting to do with this one, it's another win for them.
39155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/13/17 , edited 2/13/17

bixnoodnigga wrote:

Myanmar is practically worthless in terms of resources, trade routes, etc... so people won't hear about it much. However something should be done, but by regional powers like China.


China's response will be to help the Myanmar military do things more efficiently. China has plenty of experience in suppressing non-Chinese who live in their country.
39155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/13/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:


bixnoodnigga wrote:

Myanmar is practically worthless in terms of resources, trade routes, etc... so people won't hear about it much. However something should be done, but by regional powers like China.


I think the US, as an international power, has more than enough resources.

I also like to add that charities have been kicked out, so I suppose the only thing we can do to ease our conscience would be to contact representatives, if you guys actually care enough.

https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials

In all honesty, I was hoping to veer the partisan political course the thread section has undergone if there is anything to expect from this thread.


Do recall that the U.S. has quit the global police force, since we elected President Trump. The U.N. might ask the U.S.:

U.N. "Hey, aren't you gonna go do something about that?"

U.S. "You're the U.N. You do something about it."

U.N. "But you're the world police!"

U.S. "Says who?"

U.N. "... We do?"

U.S. "Phhtt..."

U.S. "O.K. Pay me."

U.N. "Huh?"

U.S. "Pay me to spend tens or hundreds of millions of dollars on U.S. military intervention over there."

U.N. "No way!"

U.S. "Then do it yourself."

21555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 2/13/17
[



Oh really
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1946_Bihar_riots
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Moradabad_riots
ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_2014_Assam_violence
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Gujarat_riots
You know doing two minutes of research will make you look less like a fear mongering racist

Just saying
39155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/13/17 , edited 2/13/17

uncletim wrote:

[



Oh really
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1946_Bihar_riots
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Moradabad_riots
ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_2014_Assam_violence
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Gujarat_riots
You know doing two minutes of research will make you look less like a fear mongering racist

Just saying

Look at the years of those articles you posted, 1946, 1980, 2002, 2014. You only found three articles where Hindus committed atrocities within my life time??

Yet radical Islamists have committed thousands upon thousands of inhuman acts against other humans all around the world in only the last few years.

And furthermore, why are you insulting me? Why are you calling me names? What names have I ever called you? How have I insulted you?

Name calling does not make for good thought out debate.

Please re-read my post and point out the racist elements in it.
21555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 2/13/17

DeadlyOats wrote:


uncletim wrote:

[



Oh really
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1946_Bihar_riots
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Moradabad_riots
ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_2014_Assam_violence
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Gujarat_riots
You know doing two minutes of research will make you look less like a fear mongering racist

Just saying

Look at the years of those articles you posted, 1946, 1980, 2002, 2014. You only found three articles where Hindus committed atrocities within my life time??

Yet radical Islamists have committed thousands upon thousands of inhuman acts against other humans all around the world in only the last few years.

And furthermore, why are you insulting me? Why are you calling me names? What names have I ever called you? How have I insulted you?

Name calling does not make for good thought out debate.

Please re-read my post and point out the racist elements in it.
Because you clearly acting like the name you are being called
39155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/13/17 , edited 2/13/17

uncletim wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:


uncletim wrote:


Oh really
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1946_Bihar_riots
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Moradabad_riots
ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_2014_Assam_violence
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Gujarat_riots
You know doing two minutes of research will make you look less like a fear mongering racist

Just saying


Look at the years of those articles you posted, 1946, 1980, 2002, 2014. You only found three articles where Hindus committed atrocities within my life time??

Yet radical Islamists have committed thousands upon thousands of inhuman acts against other humans all around the world in only the last few years.

And furthermore, why are you insulting me? Why are you calling me names? What names have I ever called you? How have I insulted you?

Name calling does not make for good thought out debate.

Please re-read my post and point out the racist elements in it.

Because you clearly acting like the name you are being called


You are calling me a racist, and you have failed to point, with specificity, what in my post is racist. That is called slander. If you cannot present a good argument to prove me wrong, you turn to slander?

I demand that you re-read my post, the one way above, and show where exactly you found a racist statement.

Prove it. If you cannot, then stop slandering me.

If you disagree with what I said, then explain clearly why you disagree with me, instead of calling me names.
22322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 2/13/17

DeadlyOats wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:


bixnoodnigga wrote:

Myanmar is practically worthless in terms of resources, trade routes, etc... so people won't hear about it much. However something should be done, but by regional powers like China.


I think the US, as an international power, has more than enough resources.

I also like to add that charities have been kicked out, so I suppose the only thing we can do to ease our conscience would be to contact representatives, if you guys actually care enough.

https://www.usa.gov/elected-officials

In all honesty, I was hoping to veer the partisan political course the thread section has undergone if there is anything to expect from this thread.


Do recall that the U.S. has quit the global police force, since we elected President Trump. The U.N. might ask the U.S.:

U.N. "Hey, aren't you gonna go do something about that?"

U.S. "You're the U.N. You do something about it."

U.N. "But you're the world police!"

U.S. "Says who?"

U.N. "... We do?"

U.S. "Phhtt..."

U.S. "O.K. Pay me."

U.N. "Huh?"

U.S. "Pay me to spend tens or hundreds of millions of dollars on U.S. military intervention over there."

U.N. "No way!"

U.S. "Then do it yourself."



So they are going to let people die in brutal ways in mass numbers. I cannot bear the thought of idly sitting back, although I understand the sovereignty argument and the colonialist history, so to speak. It would not be easy, though I imagine they lack even less firepower than North Korea has, and they are far less willing.
21555 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
52 / M / In
Offline
Posted 2/13/17 , edited 2/13/17

DeadlyOats wrote:


uncletim wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:


uncletim wrote:


Oh really
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1946_Bihar_riots
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Moradabad_riots
ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_2014_Assam_violence
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Gujarat_riots
You know doing two minutes of research will make you look less like a fear mongering racist

Just saying


Look at the years of those articles you posted, 1946, 1980, 2002, 2014. You only found three articles where Hindus committed atrocities within my life time??

Yet radical Islamists have committed thousands upon thousands of inhuman acts against other humans all around the world in only the last few years.

And furthermore, why are you insulting me? Why are you calling me names? What names have I ever called you? How have I insulted you?

Name calling does not make for good thought out debate.

Please re-read my post and point out the racist elements in it.

Because you clearly acting like the name you are being called


You are calling me a racist, and you have failed to point, with specificity, what in my post is racist. That is called slander. If you cannot present a good argument to prove me wrong, you turn to slander?

I demand that you re-read my post, the one way above, and show where exactly you found a racist statement.

Prove it. If you cannot, then stop slandering me.

If you disagree with what I said, then explain clearly why you disagree with me, instead of calling me names.


What the Myanmar military / government have been doing is terrible, however, in light of what ISIS has been doing in the Middle East and in Europe, and their vow to do the same within the U.S. (actually they have, through radicalized Americans that did their crimes in the name of ISIS), I'm thinking this was what motivated the military to do these terrible things.

You automatically linked it to ISIS which has absolutely nothing to do with this NOTHING are you afraid of them that much that every little thing has to be linked to them?

I was wrong you are not a racist you are however maybe just a tad bit paranoid
10960 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Online
Posted 2/13/17

Ranwolf wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:



I suppose if we want to do something we can try getting in touch with our elected officials and try to get them to do something about it, but then again I'm not even sure who we should be talking to or what we should tell/ask them. There's always Change.org petitions, but those don't have much of a track record of getting things done.


The PM's office or perhaps your locally elected MP. But the Liberal party has historically been the one to hold back the CAF from active deployment. Though as a soldier there is only so much I can say, a squeaky wheel may get the oil but a complaining soldier standing before Parliament gets a court martial.


I must admit I had not considered the difficulties people in your position would face concerning this topic.

Hmm, I'm not sure how to raise a big issue like that with Trudeau's office but I've met my MP a few times as well as a couple others so I can probably try speaking to them directly.

Checked Change.org though and I was shocked to find there was nothing on the subject despite the site's insistence I look at a petition to change the date of B.C's family day with twenty thousand supporters -_-

I'm disappointed.
19763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/13/17 , edited 2/13/17

octorockandroll wrote:


I must admit I had not considered the difficulties people in your position would face concerning this topic.

Hmm, I'm not sure how to raise a big issue like that with Trudeau's office but I've met my MP a few times as well as a couple others so I can probably try speaking to them directly.

Checked Change.org though and I was shocked to find there was nothing on the subject despite the site's insistence I look at a petition to change the date of B.C's family day with twenty thousand supporters -_-

I'm disappointed.


Yeah every single soldier, sailor, and airman of the Canadian Armed Forces didn't sign up to stand idly by. But at the end of the day we answer to the Minster of Defence and through him the government of Canada. So we can't go all gung ho at the Prime Minster, regardless of how badly we may want to . It's one of the many things written into our service contracts ya know.

The disappointment is real ya know, a meaningless holiday holding more importance then people dying. But that's the First World for you, they don't care about anything but themselves . Seems empathy is a forgotten virtue with most these days. We're in a position to help , with trained and experienced personal use to operating in foreign theatres under intense pressure but nope the date of Family Day means more.
39155 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/13/17

uncletim wrote:


What the Myanmar military / government have been doing is terrible, however, in light of what ISIS has been doing in the Middle East and in Europe, and their vow to do the same within the U.S. (actually they have, through radicalized Americans that did their crimes in the name of ISIS), I'm thinking this was what motivated the military to do these terrible things.

You automatically linked it to ISIS which has absolutely nothing to do with this NOTHING are you afraid of them that much that every little thing has to be linked to them?

I was wrong you are not a racist you are however maybe just a tad bit paranoid


ISIS isn't just sending terrorists to other countries. They also send preachers who radicalize otherwise peaceful Muslims. ISIS has been doing a lot to export terrorism globally. Those are facts. So, when I said that in light of those facts, it could be that the Myanmar government / military had gone to extermination mode, I was pointing out that it was a possible motive for their inhuman behavior.

With the way those people have been persecuted, it would be easy to radicalize them. However, I also acknowledged that ISIS probably wasn't involved with this. Take a look at the last paragraph. Maybe you didn't see what I wrote there.


DeadlyOats wrote:


uncletim wrote:

It's been building for a long time
http://studies.aljazeera.net/en/reports/2016/09/muslim-minorities-peril-rise-buddhist-violence-asia-160908090547506.html

Today it's the Muslims tomorrow the Hindus I guess when they finely get around to the Christensen that is when the west might act


I've never heard of radical Hindu-ism. I've never heard of Hindu terrorists beheading people or anything like that.



WHY ARE THEY BEING PERSECUTED

The Rohingya have always faced persecution and discrimination.

However that intensified in October last year following attacks by Rohingya militants which resulted in the Burmese military launching a series of so called “clearance operations” in northern Rakhine State.


What the Myanmar military / government have been doing is terrible, however, in light of what ISIS has been doing in the Middle East and in Europe, and their vow to do the same within the U.S. (actually they have, through radicalized Americans that did their crimes in the name of ISIS), I'm thinking this was what motivated the military to do these terrible things.

These Muslims made a bad situation for themselves much worse when they started killing Myanmar soldiers. I believe the the Myanmar government / military had a right to respond to the attacks, but not like this. This is inhuman. Even though I understand their fear of radical Islamic activity in their country, this action of theirs has put them on the wrong side of humanity.

Now that Myanmar is on the wrong side of humanity, their poor country is gonna be poorer, because of the coming U.N. sanctions. A bad situation will become worse for all of their people. And even though ISIS (probably) had noting to do with this one, it's another win for them.


Also, you refuse to apologize to me for calling me a racist, when you finally admit that I am not, but you call me other names.... When will you stop falsely accusing me of stuff? When will you stop with the name calling and bullying?
22322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 2/13/17 , edited 2/13/17

DeadlyOats wrote:


uncletim wrote:


What the Myanmar military / government have been doing is terrible, however, in light of what ISIS has been doing in the Middle East and in Europe, and their vow to do the same within the U.S. (actually they have, through radicalized Americans that did their crimes in the name of ISIS), I'm thinking this was what motivated the military to do these terrible things.

You automatically linked it to ISIS which has absolutely nothing to do with this NOTHING are you afraid of them that much that every little thing has to be linked to them?

I was wrong you are not a racist you are however maybe just a tad bit paranoid


ISIS isn't just sending terrorists to other countries. They also send preachers who radicalize otherwise peaceful Muslims. ISIS has been doing a lot to export terrorism globally. Those are facts. So, when I said that in light of those facts, it could be that the Myanmar government / military had gone to extermination mode, I was pointing out that it was a possible motive for their inhuman behavior.

With the way those people have been persecuted, it would be easy to radicalize them. However, I also acknowledged that ISIS probably wasn't involved with this. Take a look at the last paragraph. Maybe you didn't see what I wrote there.


DeadlyOats wrote:


uncletim wrote:

It's been building for a long time
http://studies.aljazeera.net/en/reports/2016/09/muslim-minorities-peril-rise-buddhist-violence-asia-160908090547506.html

Today it's the Muslims tomorrow the Hindus I guess when they finely get around to the Christensen that is when the west might act


I've never heard of radical Hindu-ism. I've never heard of Hindu terrorists beheading people or anything like that.



WHY ARE THEY BEING PERSECUTED

The Rohingya have always faced persecution and discrimination.

However that intensified in October last year following attacks by Rohingya militants which resulted in the Burmese military launching a series of so called “clearance operations” in northern Rakhine State.


What the Myanmar military / government have been doing is terrible, however, in light of what ISIS has been doing in the Middle East and in Europe, and their vow to do the same within the U.S. (actually they have, through radicalized Americans that did their crimes in the name of ISIS), I'm thinking this was what motivated the military to do these terrible things.

These Muslims made a bad situation for themselves much worse when they started killing Myanmar soldiers. I believe the the Myanmar government / military had a right to respond to the attacks, but not like this. This is inhuman. Even though I understand their fear of radical Islamic activity in their country, this action of theirs has put them on the wrong side of humanity.

Now that Myanmar is on the wrong side of humanity, their poor country is gonna be poorer, because of the coming U.N. sanctions. A bad situation will become worse for all of their people. And even though ISIS (probably) had noting to do with this one, it's another win for them.


Also, you refuse to apologize to me for calling me a racist, when you finally admit that I am not, but you call me other names.... When will you stop falsely accusing me of stuff? When will you stop with the name calling and bullying?


I wouldn't try to make such baseless hypotheses Oats. Perhaps they are radicalized by relations to ISIS, or maybe they are tired of being stateless and treated like shit. I honestly think research is due here on your part. I do think it is important we do not romanticize the Rohingyas, though I find it hard to condemn any current violence due to their treatment.

Note: Show more tact. Do research. Guesses when made out of ignorance can hurt, and do not qualify as hypotheses. Especially considering how defenseless the Rohingyas are for them to be in concentration camps in the first place.
22322 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 2/13/17

DeadlyOats wrote:


uncletim wrote:

[



Oh really
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1946_Bihar_riots
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_Moradabad_riots
ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_2014_Assam_violence
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2002_Gujarat_riots
You know doing two minutes of research will make you look less like a fear mongering racist

Just saying

Look at the years of those articles you posted, 1946, 1980, 2002, 2014. You only found three articles where Hindus committed atrocities within my life time??

Yet radical Islamists have committed thousands upon thousands of inhuman acts against other humans all around the world in only the last few years.

And furthermore, why are you insulting me? Why are you calling me names? What names have I ever called you? How have I insulted you?

Name calling does not make for good thought out debate.

Please re-read my post and point out the racist elements in it.

I think if we are going to go for both domestic and international Terrorism, you might have a point, but India is seriously a terrible place for women and a site of a lot of atrocities, hence why I disagree with "thousands of inhuman acts", when millions of female infants get killed post birth, and the treatment of the women allowed to live have.

In any case, terrorism may have a proper definition than "thousands of inhuman acts", though it most certainly can be propagated by thousands of summary executions, rapes, stoning.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.