First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Nintendo Switch Discussion
31410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Online
Posted 2/20/17 , edited 2/24/17


Here is where you can discuss everything Nintendo Switch, from games to anything else.

Reviewers have started to get the system but there is an embargo which will allow OFFICIAL unboxings, unlike the stolen one from a few days ago as well as all the accessories on the 23rd.

REMINDER BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR SWITCH TO BE AHEAD OF THE GAME: Anyone who wants to claim their Switch ID for the console can head here to claim it: accounts.nintendo.com All you have to do is go to ID and set it. It's different than your Nintendo Account ID and is specifically for the Switch. And is NOT a bunch of numbers like the WiiU.

I will keep updating the main post here with new info and links to where people can check out videos about the console before it comes out, and only official reviewer videos.

UPDATE: NO VIRTUAL CONSOLE AT LAUNCH

Videos:

Joycon Connectivity Issue Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbG3F9RwlcY

Nintendo's First OFFICIAL Unboxing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dodnbYkbiZE&t=0s

Creation of the Mii on the Switch Including all the new Mii Options: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4ZFuaf2k4M



Every Switch game confirmed so far: https://goo.gl/Ed8lRQ

Blog about possible basic stuff you may want to buy for the Nintendo Switch ahead of time: https://goo.gl/zuKGm3
5934 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/21/17 , edited 2/21/17
There is a new Xenoblade coming perhaps this year so I'll eventually be getting one. Also though never much of a Zelda fan I'm looking forward to Breath of the Wild because goddamn Monolith Soft can build a game world.

It would be nice to get a console Fire Emblem but that probably won't happen.

Miiverse is awesome, why are they getting rid of it?????
14251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 2/21/17 , edited 2/21/17
There is a version of Fire Emblem coming for the Switch. Dunno too much about it, as I'm not necessarily interested in FE right now. http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/fire-emblem-warriors-switch

The lack of Miiverse is kinda disappointing, but they took over a year to get Miiverse on the 3DS, so perhaps they'll change their mind.

As for me, I had my Switch on pre-order the day it was available on Amazon (and subsequently sold out like a day later, so I got lucky. Unlike the fiasco with the NES Classic, which you STILL can't find at MSRP). I've only pre-ordered 1-2 Switch, but I know I'll get Zelda soon, and definitely Splatoon when it's out (and the demo/early access version will also be out soon too). I'm thinking of taking that Friday off so I can wait for UPS delivery :P
31410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Online
Posted 2/21/17 , edited 2/21/17

glenn119 wrote:

There is a new Xenoblade coming perhaps this year so I'll eventually be getting one. Also though never much of a Zelda fan I'm looking forward to Breath of the Wild because goddamn Monolith Soft can build a game world.

It would be nice to get a console Fire Emblem but that probably won't happen.

Miiverse is awesome, why are they getting rid of it?????





yngvarr wrote:


The lack of Miiverse is kinda disappointing, but they took over a year to get Miiverse on the 3DS, so perhaps they'll change their mind.





I believe they did mention some sort of integration of something sort of like Miiverse, it's going to be a forum of some kind like it, they haven't really been giving any details of anything really, they said they would be releasing more details on the Switch before launch and they haven't at all lmao.
9662 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Texas
Offline
Posted 2/22/17 , edited 2/23/17

Evilshadowx wrote:
it's going to be a forum of some kind like it


Oh snap, Nsider Forums but Miiverse??? Sign me up, I loved Nsider as a kiddo.
31410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Online
Posted 2/22/17 , edited 2/23/17

retrometroid wrote:


Evilshadowx wrote:
it's going to be a forum of some kind like it


Oh snap, Nsider Forums but Miiverse??? Sign me up, I loved Nsider as a kiddo.


Not sure, I just know Reggie mentioned in an interview that there would be a way to post things to a message board.

Also: At least part of the embargo is done for tomorrow(being February 23rd, 2017) so there will be more videos I will be posting here of various things they will be able to show us.
19418 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/22/17 , edited 2/23/17
I tried pre-ordering the Switch the morning of the announcement (5:00am EST) and it was sold out on Amazon. Luckily, I managed to pre-order one via Gamestop. Buying the system along with Zelda.

Looking most forward to eventually getting Xenoblade sequel, Fire Emblem game as well as Fire Emblem Warriors, Splatoon 2 and I already have MK8 Deluxe pre-ordered.
31410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Online
Posted 2/23/17 , edited 2/23/17

5085trunks wrote:

I tried pre-ordering the Switch the morning of the announcement (5:00am EST) and it was sold out on Amazon. Luckily, I managed to pre-order one via Gamestop. Buying the system along with Zelda.

Looking most forward to eventually getting Xenoblade sequel, Fire Emblem game as well as Fire Emblem Warriors, Splatoon 2 and I already have MK8 Deluxe pre-ordered.


I had trouble preordering from Amazon too. I got my preorder in then they kept cancelling it.

Also: Updated first post with 2 more videos, another unboxing of the switch as well as accessories if anyone wants to watch as well as a operating system and ui tour.
31410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Online
Posted 2/23/17 , edited 2/23/17
Apparently there is a connectivity issue with the left joycon on the Switch's people have gotten so far when they are testing Zelda. Only the left one. Hopefully this can be fixed with a software update.

GameXplain shows off the issue with a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbG3F9RwlcY
12522 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / SW Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/23/17 , edited 2/24/17

Evilshadowx wrote:

Apparently there is a connectivity issue with the left joycon on the Switch's people have gotten so far when they are testing Zelda. Only the left one. Hopefully this can be fixed with a software update.

GameXplain shows off the issue with a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbG3F9RwlcY


Yeah, that's a rough one. I won't claim to know anywhere near enough about the software and hardware involved but to me that seems like it may actually be a hardware issue. I may not be the biggest Nintendo fan around but even I'll admit that one thing they've always been damn near perfect on is hardware reliability. I hope this ends up well for the early adopters and it's something that can be patched up. If not, and given how hard it may already be to get replacement hardware due to extreme demand, it might not be easily to solve otherwise.

31410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Online
Posted 2/23/17 , edited 2/24/17

StriderShinryu wrote:


Evilshadowx wrote:

Apparently there is a connectivity issue with the left joycon on the Switch's people have gotten so far when they are testing Zelda. Only the left one. Hopefully this can be fixed with a software update.

GameXplain shows off the issue with a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbG3F9RwlcY


Yeah, that's a rough one. I won't claim to know anywhere near enough about the software and hardware involved but to me that seems like it may actually be a hardware issue. I may not be the biggest Nintendo fan around but even I'll admit that one thing they've always been damn near perfect on is hardware reliability. I hope this ends up well for the early adopters and it's something that can be patched up. If not, and given how hard it may already be to get replacement hardware due to extreme demand, it might not be easily to solve otherwise.



Yeah I've never had a problem with a Nintendo device, ever. So this is pretty surprising. According to what I've been hearing they can apparently patch the connectivity to the controllers to be at a higher frequency to work even in the situations that were shown in that video. It might not be 100% perfect, but it's only in weird situations that it happens. I don't plan on putting my hand over the joycon like that or behind my back or anything crazy and playing.
326 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
O / USA
Offline
Posted 2/23/17 , edited 2/24/17
I saw a few people on Kotaku making a big stink over the fact that the Virtual Console won't be available at launch. Does that really matter directly, and/or represent a false start?
26744 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/23/17 , edited 2/24/17
this is just like the WII U when you think about it guys
14251 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / New Jersey
Offline
Posted 2/24/17 , edited 2/24/17

noticemesensei wrote:

I saw a few people on Kotaku making a big stink over the fact that the Virtual Console won't be available at launch. Does that really matter directly, and/or represent a false start?


Non-issue for me. Both the Wii U and 3DS launched without the Virtual Console. The 3DS version came along quickly, but I think the Wii U VC took like a year.

14655 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 2/24/17 , edited 2/24/17
plzzzzzzzzzzz new animal crossing title on the switch
i thirst for eet
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.