First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
Post Reply Nintendo Switch Discussion
31400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 3/4/17 , edited 3/5/17

GodWhomIsMike wrote:

I got the system from Best Buy, but ordered elsewhere for the games as a preorder over a month ago. I got the system 12:01am from Best Buy without any issues, but Amazon did not deliver the games yesterday (Amazon has a preorder game discount).

I figured, fine I will explore the system and do other things while I wait an extra day. The problem is that there is nothing you can do with them system besides game. There are no streaming apps, no web browser, no apps, no demos in the eShop, nothing at all.

So, I ended up getting extremely aggravated. I ended up getting sicker (was already sick) from going out to get the system and ended up in bed all day yesterday, and got to stare at the console all day without being able to do anything with it. I also ended up spending $40 in gas a a ton of travel time because the store was so far away from me (2 hours). Although, it was my stupidity for using Amazon for the games and not getting them with the system when I picked it up. I did save some money, but feel like maybe it was not worth it.

I felt like I should have gotten the Wii U version of the Zelda game, since I use my Wii U for streaming duties and gaming as well. I was a bit meh about charging a few hundred dollars right now, as I wanted to also get some stuff for my motorcycle.

Right now, there is no virtual console. There is no trophy system. There is no social media. There are no streamin apps. There are no apps of any kind.

I contacted Amazon, they contacted the shipping company, and found out the driver never went to my house, and marked my packages as delivered and went back early to the warehouse. They have a driver bringing it out today, and Amazon gave me a really nice credit for bringing it to their attention and I got a 200GB SD Card with a nice amount bumped off.



Well you just had problems with amazon not the Switch. And the Wiiu didn't have streaming apps right away either. I give it a month or 2. It's not a big deal. It also can post to social media, pictures anyways. The my Nintendo thing is implemented but idk what it does. Trophys isn't nintendos thing. This is what a Nintendo product is at the start. They always are.
12295 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / M / SW Ontario, Canada
Offline
Posted 3/4/17 , edited 3/5/17

Evilshadowx wrote:


Well you just had problems with amazon not the Switch. And the Wiiu didn't have streaming apps right away either. I give it a month or 2. It's not a big deal. It also can post to social media, pictures anyways. The my Nintendo thing is implemented but idk what it does. Trophys isn't nintendos thing. This is what a Nintendo product is at the start. They always are.


It's also probably worth noting that Nintendo made it clear a while ago that they were delivering a game box and little to nothing else, with even the majority of the online features coming at some point later.

I can see why some people would want them (I occasionally use some media apps on my PS4 as well) and I'd imagine at least some of them will be coming at some point regardless of what Nintendo says now, but it's not really fair to have expected them at launch and to knock the system for that reason.

21890 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Leanbox, Gameindu...
Offline
Posted 3/4/17 , edited 3/5/17
Hmmm, I really want to play the new LoZ game, but I have to see whether or not the system will be a flop in terms of content like the Wii U before I'll commit to buying a switch.
31400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 3/5/17 , edited 3/5/17

kevz_210 wrote:

Hmmm, I really want to play the new LoZ game, but I have to see whether or not the system will be a flop in terms of content like the Wii U before I'll commit to buying a switch.


I can tell you it won't be. The WiiU was hard to code on. They fixed that with the Switch and that's why there are so many indie games that are coming and a lot of third party games as well as first party. It even supports unreal engine 4.
3833 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/5/17 , edited 3/5/17
31400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 3/6/17 , edited 3/6/17


Not here. I don't even have the desync issue with the controllers and I've tried every possible way that I've seen people having trouble doing it and mine are fine. I guess I got a good one.
Posted 3/6/17 , edited 3/6/17


Ditto to what Evilshadowx said.
I haven't experienced any issues on mine and I've been playing it nearly nonstop (television -> handheld mode (joycons attached) --> handheld (joycons detached [at a friend's place]) --> handheld (attached) --> television --> handheld (on the sofa)...). Only time it's really had any rest so far (since Friday afternoon) has been when I've slept. No overheating, no blue/orange screens, no joycon connectivity issues, and no scratches.
14029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Offline
Posted 3/6/17 , edited 3/6/17
apparently , the console can get scratched easily when docking. it's recommended that you add some sort of padding / cushion to prevent scratches. also, definitely don't put stickers on it.
31400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 3/6/17 , edited 3/6/17

namealreadytaken wrote:

apparently , the console can get scratched easily when docking. it's recommended that you add some sort of padding / cushion to prevent scratches. also, definitely don't put stickers on it.


Just get a screen protector. And be gentle with it and don't jam it in so it doesn't scratch.
14029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Offline
Posted 3/6/17 , edited 3/6/17

Evilshadowx wrote:Just get a screen protector. And be gentle with it and don't jam it in so it doesn't scratch.


the article did say that even if handled carefully, the console can still get scratched easily. regardless, better safe than sorry, as repairing the screen is probably not cheap.
31400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 3/6/17 , edited 3/6/17

namealreadytaken wrote:


Evilshadowx wrote:Just get a screen protector. And be gentle with it and don't jam it in so it doesn't scratch.


the article did say that even if handled carefully, the console can still get scratched easily. regardless, better safe than sorry, as repairing the screen is probably not cheap.

I haven't been getting any scratches with my screen protector on at all. As soon as I got it I put it on. The protector doesn't even have any scratches on it.
18979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Houston, Texas
Offline
Posted 3/6/17 , edited 3/6/17
Gonna have to be honest, I've loved Zelda since Ocarina of Time but the new Zelda is not a system seller for me regardless of the universal critical acclaim it's receiving. I'm just waaaaaay too skeptical about the Switch. Unimpressive launch titles (minus Zelda), underwhelming paid online service and it's too pricey for a "on-the-go" console especially when new PS4 bundles are currently $250USD. On top of that, the Wii U was the biggest gaming mistake of my life (luckily I sold it for $200 on eBay) and that made me lose A LOT of confidence in Nintendo despite how much they have contributed to the gaming industry since 83'.

Nintendo seems to be so fixated on the mobile gaming market. If that truly is the case then they should just drop console gaming and focus entirely on competing against iPad and tablets.

I dunno, I most likely won't pick one up. If not I'm gonna wait at least two years or when it's $180 or less with more games.
31400 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 3/6/17 , edited 3/6/17

paulchaested wrote:

Gonna have to be honest, I've loved Zelda since Ocarina of Time but the new Zelda is not a system seller for me regardless of the universal critical acclaim it's receiving. I'm just waaaaaay too skeptical about the Switch. Unimpressive launch titles (minus Zelda), underwhelming paid online service and it's too pricey for a "on-the-go" console especially when new PS4 bundles are currently $250USD. On top of that, the Wii U was the biggest gaming mistake of my life (luckily I sold it for $200 on eBay) and that made me lose A LOT of confidence in Nintendo despite how much they have contributed to the gaming industry since 83'.

Nintendo seems to be so fixated on the mobile gaming market. If that truly is the case then they should just drop console gaming and focus entirely on competing against iPad and tablets.

I dunno, I most likely won't pick one up. If not I'm gonna wait at least two years or when it's $180 or less with more games.


It's not a "on the go console" it's a console that you can play on the tv and take it with you when you can't be with your tv. Huge difference. And it runs just as well while it's not docked as well. Launch for Nintendo systems is no reason to be skeptical. I can see you haven't seen many Nintendo launches or payed attention to them anyways. Especially if your only talking about the Wii U. This isn't even close to being a actual tablet at all. You need to do some research a little.

And as bad as the Wii U was in general, it still had a lot of good games for it. I played the hell out of mine.
3833 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/6/17 , edited 3/6/17

namealreadytaken wrote:

apparently , the console can get scratched easily when docking. it's recommended that you add some sort of padding / cushion to prevent scratches. also, definitely don't put stickers on it.


they don't have screen protector for it yet ?
18979 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Houston, Texas
Offline
Posted 3/6/17 , edited 3/7/17

Evilshadowx wrote:

It's not a "on the go console" it's a console that you can play on the tv and take it with you when you can't be with your tv. Huge difference. And it runs just as well while it's not docked as well. Launch for Nintendo systems is no reason to be skeptical. I can see you haven't seen many Nintendo launches or payed attention to them anyways. Especially if your only talking about the Wii U. This isn't even close to being a actual tablet at all. You need to do some research a little.

And as bad as the Wii U was in general, it still had a lot of good games for it. I played the hell out of mine.


http://www.gamespot.com/articles/every-nintendo-switch-launch-game-confirmed-so-far/1100-6446924/
Sorry, this launch title list is not impressive to me. Plus some of these titles are games that I've already played/owned on my PS4.

As for my on-the-go comment I will firmly stand by what I said: Switch is primarily an on-the-go console with the perk/option to play on a TV because like I said it's seem like Nintendo is trying to appeal to the mobile gaming market more than ever and yes I've done my research from gaming sites and videos. I'm very well aware that it can be docked to a TV, I've seen plenty of Youtube videos and Nintendo press conferences (that almost all of them seemed like a shareholder meeting) about it.

I guess I should've been more clear to you with why I'm skeptical about Switch. Wii U was something that I suckered into by hype and got it for Smash and Skyward sword and xenoblade chronicles. That's it, those were the only games that I liked and ever played on my old Wii U and after that it collected a mountain of dust. And yes I have paid attention to what Nintendo was putting out and they were nothing of interest to me. I will admit, it is my fault for getting it when I should've known and realized that this would've been a waste of money to me. It's quite obvious you and I have different taste in gaming since you think all the games after the three games I've mentioned are great which I will respectfully disagree. Despite my disagreement I am genuinely glad that you found the later Wii U games fun. With all that said, all that disappointment and loss in confidence stacked up and made me feel this way towards Nintendo.

Only time will tell whether if the Switch will pick up traction. I sincerely do hope I get proven wrong and that the Switch will be successful but until then I'm just going to wait and watch.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.