First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Dark Souls the Board Game
19812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/20/17

vanguard1234523 wrote:



I...um...can. Which is probably why they're some of my favorite games of all time. I mean I've got a freaking Lady Maria avatar, I'm something of a fanboy. Souls does not nor has it ever held a player's hand, that's all I'm saying here. It wants you to figure out how to play the game yourself, once you acclimate yourself it isn't this unimaginably hard monstrosity that some people make it out to be. Like you said, you have to know how enemies work, know when to dodge, block, which windows are safe to attack in. It's reputation for difficulty mostly comes from the fact that it won't bend over backwards to help a player if they mess up. Which is something a lot of people aren't used to.

If you cleared it with only five deaths, well, congratulations, you're obviously better at the game than I am. I do fine mostly, and most of my deaths are typically down to one or two bosses like Pontiff Sulyvahn or the Twin Princes (I won't lie I spent two days trying desperately to kill the Orphan of Kos). If you're going to argue the game isn't that difficult, well I'm not going to deny you. People have different experiences and such, and this isn't really something I want to fight about. We seem to mostly disagree on a matter of degree rather than type. Quibbling over whether the game only seems hard because people aren't used to it, or because it was never hard at all seems like splitting hairs.


A fair enough point. And I'll be honest I am not entirely sure what it is about Dark Souls and it's spin offs. They click with me in a way only JRPGs usually manage and I suddenly find myself standing over the corpse of the Orphan of Kos and wondering how the hell I just did that with such minimal effort when I clearly saw other people struggling.
2695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / California
Offline
Posted 2/20/17 , edited 2/24/17

Ryulightorb wrote:

you're not ? when i played demon souls you were


YOU were, but you can get through any Souls game without being defensive
29083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 2/20/17 , edited 2/24/17

TrickedMJ wrote:

YOU were, but you can get through any Souls game without being defensive


How? show me because i spent alot of time on demons souls and it was next to impossible to just play as a glasscannon.
Dushan 
11364 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Ontario
Offline
Posted 2/20/17
only 108$??!! Im pretty sure I paid more on my kickstarter pledge

Still waiting for min to ship.
19812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/20/17

Ryulightorb wrote:



How? show me because i spent alot of time on demons souls and it was next to impossible to just play as a glasscannon.


Actually some of the most popular builds revolve around agility builds with defensive builds taking a decidedly second place.
29083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 2/20/17

Ranwolf wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:



How? show me because i spent alot of time on demons souls and it was next to impossible to just play as a glasscannon.


Actually some of the most popular builds revolve around agility builds with defensive builds taking a decidedly second place.


Not sure why it didn't work when I tried then I might give it another go
19812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/20/17

Ryulightorb wrote:


Not sure why it didn't work when I tried then I might give it another go


It might just be your reaction time isn't good enough. Agility builds demand a lot more out of their players then defensive ones. Sword and Boarding is a lot more forgiving then Dual wielding since it's easier to block then parry with an off hand weapon.
15100 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / Massachusetts
Offline
Posted 2/20/17

Ranwolf wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:



How? show me because i spent alot of time on demons souls and it was next to impossible to just play as a glasscannon.


Actually some of the most popular builds revolve around agility builds with defensive builds taking a decidedly second place.


Well I remember poise builds being fairly popular back in the games that actually had poise.
19812 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / B.C, Canada
Offline
Posted 2/20/17

vanguard1234523 wrote:


Well I remember poise builds being fairly popular back in the games that actually had poise.


True but they were never my cup of tea but I can see the appeal nonetheless.
2695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / California
Offline
Posted 2/20/17

Ranwolf wrote:


TrickedMJ wrote:



But can you SL1 every souls game yet? That's the true question here. But yeah, I hardly ever die in Easy Souls, unless it's like an SL1 Calamity ring NG+ run or in I die in PvP lol.

I disagree with the price on this board game though, do you really consider this a good deal?


I have only actually bothered doing that with the first and second one. Haven't actually done it with the third to be honest, might give it shot one day when I am done with For Honour

As for the price point it's not so much that I think it's a good deal as I understand the motivation behind the pricing. Some people hardcore collect anything even remotely related to their favourite game. It's a demanding enough market that deluxe editions, figurines, clothes, jewellery, back packs, and even board games can sell well at somewhat inflated prices.


It's too easy in 3 tbh, unless you run the calamity ring with it. I wish I had FH right now :(

And yeah, I see what you mean by that statement now
33172 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
39 / Inside your compu...
Offline
Posted 2/20/17

Dushan wrote:

only 108$??!! Im pretty sure I paid more on my kickstarter pledge

Still waiting for min to ship.


By looking at your icon I'm going to make a guess that you also have a Fallout boardgame...
2695 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / California
Offline
Posted 2/20/17 , edited 2/24/17

Ryulightorb wrote:

How? show me because i spent alot of time on demons souls and it was next to impossible to just play as a glasscannon.


It's hard to actually show you how I played on DeS since I don't have it anymore, but I can easily show you on any other Souls game if you got them on console just how easy it is. Focus on less weight and having reaction time and you won't need much else. You can honestly get through the series with no dodging, rolling, blocking, etc. It's a little challenging, but it's not too hard to do. Or as was pointed out, poise, though I hate using poise tbh. Less armor is the way to go, imo.
30969 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / Massachusetts, Un...
Offline
Posted 2/20/17
Like...what is this? Is the point of the game to lose?
29083 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 2/20/17 , edited 2/24/17

TrickedMJ wrote:

It's hard to actually show you how I played on DeS since I don't have it anymore, but I can easily show you on any other Souls game if you got them on console just how easy it is. Focus on less weight and having reaction time and you won't need much else. You can honestly get through the series with no dodging, rolling, blocking, etc. It's a little challenging, but it's not too hard to do. Or as was pointed out, poise, though I hate using poise tbh. Less armor is the way to go, imo.


I played ds on the Pc and demon souls on PS3 which was a long time ago
Posted 4/19/17
You mean, The Game of Death?
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.