Post Reply Popular anime or manga characters that you don't like
47269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 2/20/17
From anime or manga, is there a character who is popular and you don't like them? These characters are loved by the fandom but greatly disliked by you. Who are they?
5513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/20/17 , edited 2/20/17
Emilia sucks
405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/20/17 , edited 2/20/17
Subaru without a doubt. I found his character to be so asinine and trifling. He just irks me, lol.
9393 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Costa Rica
Online
Posted 2/20/17
Tatsuya Shiba from The Irregular at Magic High School. Tatsuya is just the worst protagonist I've ever seen, and for some reason people love him. He's even worse than Kirito when it comes to bland and boring protagonists. I don't know if this counts because I hate absolutely everything about this show, not just the protagonist, but Tatsuya is still popular among some people.
2420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 2/20/17

Ununoctium wrote:

Subaru without a doubt. I found his character to be so asinine and trifling. He just irks me, lol.

Hah, I love this. I thought subaru was pretty funny because I saw him as an average joe who all of a sudden gets thrown into hell and while I feel bad for him, at the same time, I loved him. But I see where your coming from, his ideals are pointless and the things he could do in that world are way cooler than the reality of chasing down emilia.
2420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 2/20/17
Not sure if he's loved by the community, but Shiro from Stay Night. Completely idiotic morals, no idea what he's doing and could have ben replaced by someone way better. This is the show where the boy-girl role is switched like from naruto. Shiro is as helpless and stupid as Sakura, and Tohsaka is as smart and badass as Kakashi.
2420 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
19 / M / Bay Area
Offline
Posted 2/20/17
Everyone will hate me for this.
Rem.
I didn't like her at all in the first 7 episodes, and she never did anything that cool besides let her demon side take over. All she seems to do is cause more trouble for Subaru, and make him die even more. Fuck, she even killed him twice lol.
2850 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
13 / M
Offline
Posted 2/20/17
lucy heartfilia
11101 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Idaho
Offline
Posted 2/20/17
Naruto
405 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/21/17

konjfful wrote:


Ununoctium wrote:

Subaru without a doubt. I found his character to be so asinine and trifling. He just irks me, lol.

Hah, I love this. I thought subaru was pretty funny because I saw him as an average joe who all of a sudden gets thrown into hell and while I feel bad for him, at the same time, I loved him. But I see where your coming from, his ideals are pointless and the things he could do in that world are way cooler than the reality of chasing down emilia.


He seems to have had an obsession with her, and it was a bit disturbing. I mean, I understand that she saved him and all but still. Yeah, his ideals were garbage and borderline pointless. Honestly, there was so much wasted potential with Subaru and it's kind of sad. In any case, his endless screaming and moronic decisions every episode were enough that I didn't even finish the series. I never really understood the hype for Re: Zero, but that's okay. To the credit of the series, however, most every 'side' character was actually interesting. I actually really liked Rem, and I realize now that she and her sister are the reason I watched the series for as long as I did.
47269 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / F / New Jersey, USA
Offline
Posted 2/21/17

konjfful wrote:

Not sure if he's loved by the community, but Shiro from Stay Night. Completely idiotic morals, no idea what he's doing and could have ben replaced by someone way better. This is the show where the boy-girl role is switched like from naruto. Shiro is as helpless and stupid as Sakura, and Tohsaka is as smart and badass as Kakashi.


I think Archer even dislikes Shiro.
11302 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / USA
Offline
Posted 2/21/17
Yoko Littner and most Steins;Gate characters.
38 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M
Offline
Posted 2/21/17
Orga Itsuka from Gundam:IBO, for his failure to critically analyse the consequences of his actions. He has people around him who can provide him with that critical analysis, such as Ms. Merribit and Naze Turbine, but he never takes their advice to heart.
You must be logged in to post.