First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Wave of bomb threats against Jewish Community Centers; cemetery vandalized.
10029 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/21/17
was it colonel mustard in the cemetery with a sledgehammer?
8971 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 2/21/17

Dinkykun wrote:

was it colonel mustard in the cemetery with a sledgehammer?


Isn't it always Colonel Mustard?
14725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Houma
Offline
Posted 2/21/17

ninjitsuko wrote:


Amyas_Leigh wrote:
So Trump made a comment on this when asked by the media, says its going to stop. If only Obama had said and done something about similar events when he was in office those terror attacks in Dallas and Baton Rouge would never have happened.


This is false equivalence at the core. Obama has said and done things about the domestic terrorist attacks in the past. Trump has only said "It's going to stop" but hasn't done anything about it yet. However, the main concern is the "evaluation" that either President can just magically make domestic terrorism go away - it doesn't work like that, unfortunately. Just because someone says they're going to make it stop doesn't mean it'll stop (this goes for Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton... etc). Many Presidents in the recent times have tried to make something "stop" but have only been able to reduce the overall issue - not do away with it entirely.

On Topic:

This needs addressing on a larger scale. The Jewish community is being targeted quite harshly lately. It may have something to do with both sides of the political spectrum trying to isolate blame onto one demographic of people (which those who practice Judaism seem to be one that is receiving some of that blame). Uniting the country is going to be needed without pointing fingers at either political spectrum, the mainstream media, or the POTUS to reduce these hostile attacks.


You saved me from a lot of clacking on this mechanical keyboard, well said.
22015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Offline
Posted 2/21/17
11774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 2/21/17



We have to fight bigotry, intolerance and hatred in all of its very ugly forms

-Trump


Finally something we agree on besides the TPP. So when is he stepping down?
Posted 2/21/17
Sh'ma Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai Eḥad
8971 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 2/26/17
Posted 2/26/17

geauxtigers1989 wrote:

It happened again...



Be sure to post the mugshots if they ever do a follow up story when the perp gets caught
8971 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Ark-La-Tex
Online
Posted 2/27/17
20 more new bomb threats today. That makes 89 this year, or about 1 every 15 hours.
Posted 3/3/17 , edited 3/3/17
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/ADL-Says-Arrest-Made-in-Bomb-Threats-415319653.html

They caught one of them
He was a writer for the Intercept

https://twitter.com/JuanMThompson?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

He went nuts on twitter before they arrested him

Edit: Here's what the wannabe terrorist tweeted about his own threats



Apparently not the first time he's made stuff up
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/feb/02/the-intercept-fires-reporter-juan-thompson
19792 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/3/17
I just really don't understand the thought process behind some of these rabid Anti-Trump supporters.
6630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/3/17

trmjkd989 wrote:

I just really don't understand the thought process behind some of these rabid Anti-Trump supporters.


probably similar to the reasons why some sports fans will go crazy if their team loses and start burning stuff just instead of a sports team its a politcal team
11774 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 3/3/17

dragonlord1234 wrote:


trmjkd989 wrote:

I just really don't understand the thought process behind some of these rabid Anti-Trump supporters.


probably similar to the reasons why some sports fans will go crazy if their team loses and start burning stuff just instead of a sports team its a politcal team




You must follow some pretty zany sports if that's something you experience with an kind of frequency
6630 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/3/17

octorockandroll wrote:


dragonlord1234 wrote:


trmjkd989 wrote:

I just really don't understand the thought process behind some of these rabid Anti-Trump supporters.


probably similar to the reasons why some sports fans will go crazy if their team loses and start burning stuff just instead of a sports team its a politcal team




You must follow some pretty zany sports if that's something you experience with an kind of frequency


actually i'm not much into sports but i do know it happens from time to time some sports/places more then others
Posted 3/5/17
First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.