First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
Post Reply Evidence of Japanese Nationalism
1763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Azeroth
Offline
Posted 2/21/17 , edited 2/21/17
...because apparently monkeys were not enough for you...


http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/02/21/national/japan-zoo-culls-monkeys-carrying-invasive-genes/

Japan zoo culls monkeys carrying ‘invasive’ genes

A zoo in the city of Futtsu, Chiba Prefecture, has culled 57 native snow monkeys by lethal injection after finding that they carried genes of an “invasive alien species,” officials said Tuesday.


Here is actual, human racism going, on just now, as well. To kids of Japan, The Prime Minister Shinzo Abe Wife's own school, nonetheless...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-japan-education-abe-idUSKBN1600KO

A Japanese kindergarten that has ties to Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's Wife, Akie, has appologized over online comments that domestic media described as possible hate speech against Koreans and Chinese peoples.


http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/02/17/national/osaka-preschool-scrutinized-passing-slurs-koreans-chinese/

Nationalist Osaka preschool draws heat for distributing slurs against Koreans and Chinese

The managers of a kindergarten in the city of Osaka that handed parents copies of a statement slurring Korean residents of Japan and Chinese people have been questioned on suspicion of spreading hate speech, prefectural officials said Thursday.

The statement, distributed by Tsukamoto Kindergarten in Yodogawa Ward, described Korean residents and Chinese people as those with “wicked ideas,” calling the latter shinajin, a derogatory term for Chinese.

A separate pamphlet distributed to parents in December and obtained by Kyodo News read, “The problem is that people who have inherited the spirit (of Koreans) exist in our country with the looks of Japanese people.”

“We want China and South Korea, which portray Japan as a villain, to be repentant. We’ll root for Prime Minister (Shinzo) Abe.”


"Oh, but that's not the government, of course. Just some crazy people causing problems. Nevermind it is affiliated with Prime Minister, of course..."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/02/12/japan-took-in-just-27-refugees-last-year-yes-for-the-entire-year/

Japan took in just 27 refugees last year. Yes, for the entire year.

Data from Japan's Justice Ministry show that the country received a dramatic surge in applications for refugee status last year, with the total figure almost doubling to 7,586. But despite this surge in applications, Japan only granted refugee status for 27 people.

That means that, in total, just 0.4 percent of applications for asylum status were accepted. While that is an ever-so-slight increase in the rate of acceptance for refugees (the year before, when just 11 people were accepted, the rate was around 0.2), it's still remarkably low. These 27 people didn't necessarily apply for refugee status last year, either. Some may have been waiting for years to have their case granted. According to Japanese news agency Kyodo, as of June last year, there were 10,830 applicants stuck in immigration limbo.


"Oh, but Japan lets in 3546756446 of migrant workers. Even all time highs. Clearly, not racist".

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/02/21/national/social-issues/migrants-exploiting-refugee-applicant-loophole-work-labor-scarce-japan/

Migrants exploiting refugee applicant loophole to work in labor-scarce Japan

Earlier this month, the Justice Ministry announced that refugee applications had reached a record high 10,901 in 2016, a 44 percent jump from the previous year.

By nationality, applicants from Indonesia topped the list, surging to 1,829 from 969 in 2015. They numbered only 17 in 2014 and 19 in 2013.
The second-highest number of applicants in 2016 — 1,451 — came from Nepal, followed by 1,412 Filipinos, 1,143 Turks, 1,072 Vietnamese, 938 Sri Lankans, 650 from Myanmar, 470 Indians, 318 Cambodians and 289 Pakistanis.

Experts recently interviewed by The Japan Times largely agree that a vast majority of the recent applicants are migrants trying to take advantage of a loophole in this nation’s convoluted and time-consuming refugee recognition procedures. They are taking this route because of Japan’s official policy of not accepting unskilled foreign workers.

Thanks to a 2010 law revision, an applicant for refugee status can start working in Japan six months after filing.
The rule change has apparently encouraged thousands of migrant workers to apply for refugee status and thereby stay longer, experts said.
“It’s obvious (that migrant workers) have abused the refugee application system, leading to the dramatic increase in the number of applicants in recent years,” Saburo Takizawa, a former representative in Japan for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, said in a recent interview.

“That has nothing to with the recent increase in refugees in Europe,” such as those from Syria, Iraq and African countries, said Takizawa, who is now chairman of the board of the Japan Association for UNHCR, a nonprofit official fundraising agency for the U.N. refugee agency.


"Ahh, but they are being treated fairly. No /crimeagainsthumanity here..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/07/21/business/global/21apprentice.html

Japan Training Program Is Said to Exploit Workers

Critics say foreign trainees have become an exploited source of cheap labor in a country with one of the world’s most rapidly aging populations and lowest birthrates. All but closed to immigration, Japan faces an acute labor shortage, especially for jobs at the country’s hardscrabble farms or small family-run factories.

“The mistreatment of trainees appears to be widespread,” said Shoichi Ibusuki, a human rights lawyer based in Tokyo.
From across Asia, about 190,000 trainees — migrant workers in their late teens to early 30s — now toil in factories and farms in Japan. They have been brought to the country, in theory, to learn technical expertise under an international aid program started by the Japanese government in the 1990s.

For businesses, the government-sponsored trainee program has offered a loophole to hiring foreign workers. But with little legal protection, the indentured work force is exposed to substandard, sometimes even deadly, working conditions, critics say.

Government records show that at least 127 of the trainees have died since 2005 — or one of about every 2,600 trainees, which experts say is a high death rate for young people who must pass stringent physicals to enter the program. Many deaths involved strokes or heart failure that worker rights groups attribute to the strain of excessive labor.

The Justice Ministry found more than 400 cases of mistreatment of trainees at companies across Japan in 2009, including failing to pay legal wages and exposing trainees to dangerous work conditions. This month, labor inspectors in central Japan ruled that a 31-year-old Chinese trainee, Jiang Xiaodong, had died from heart failure induced by overwork.

Under pressure by human rights groups and a string of court cases, the government has begun to address some of the program’s worst abuses. The United Nations has urged Japan to scrap it altogether.



But of course, it is isn't "Trump-a-Racist", must report/lock thread on CR; Japanese society could never be racist. Certainly not its government leaders. Blasphemy...


EDIT: Because the purpose of this thread may not be clear to some... The meta of hypocrisy by liberals/Anti-Trump claims of "Trump being racist" (without any absolute evidence), yet lacking "equivalent outrage" over other's clear evidence as to of such accused actions, is evidence itself that liberals don't actually think Trump is racist at all; but only making such charges for pure political narrative reasons.

You claim to hate Trump with such vigor, but yet when other leaders/governments such as PM Shinzo Abe do it 10x harder, you have no problem? And we can go beyond charges of racism, like sexism if we need. Indeed, where are the "Protest Saturdays" against PM Abe?

So, is Trump really racist? Or, only simply because he opposed Clinton?

Indeed...

5809 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/21/17 , edited 2/21/17
I'm not sure why you didn't just bring this article up to make your point to begin with.
Other than the obvious one.
Banned
12111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 2/21/17 , edited 2/21/17

HateKillingCamels wrote:

I'm not sure why you didn't just bring this article up to make your point to begin with.
Other than the obvious one.


+1
Posted 2/21/17 , edited 2/21/17

TheGrandAlliance wrote:
But of course, it is isn't Trump-a-Racist, must report/lock thread on CR; Japanese society could never be racist. Blasphemy...


Yep.. Japan is so racist.. (that they're welcoming the Indians who will encounter issues getting H-1B Visas in America based on Trump's proposals).

I agree that Japan is pretty isolationist .. but what the heck does this all have to do with Trump? Japan is opening is borders more than ever because of the talent that US stands to lose by raising the minimum salary requirement for an H-1B visa. Sounds to me like they're more accepting on that scale.
7015 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / O / Cyberspace
Offline
Posted 2/21/17 , edited 2/21/17
It's almost like there is always a degree of racism everywhere.

It's almost like not everything is black and white.

It's almost like people exaggerate or something.

Why do I even bother.
1763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Azeroth
Offline
Posted 2/21/17 , edited 2/21/17

ninjitsuko wrote:


TheGrandAlliance wrote:
But of course, it is isn't Trump-a-Racist, must report/lock thread on CR; Japanese society could never be racist. Blasphemy...


Yep.. Japan is so racist.. (that they're welcoming the Indians who will encounter issues getting H-1B Visas in America based on Trump's proposals).

I agree that Japan is pretty isolationist .. but what the heck does this all have to do with Trump? Japan is opening is borders more than ever because of the talent that US stands to lose by raising the minimum salary requirement for an H-1B visa. Sounds to me like they're more accepting on that scale.


You forget how many refugees Japan did (not) bring in last year. Or whenever...





https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/02/12/japan-took-in-just-27-refugees-last-year-yes-for-the-entire-year/

Japan took in just 27 refugees last year. Yes, for the entire year.

Data from Japan's Justice Ministry show that the country received a dramatic surge in applications for refugee status last year, with the total figure almost doubling to 7,586. But despite this surge in applications, Japan only granted refugee status for 27 people.

That means that, in total, just 0.4 percent of applications for asylum status were accepted. While that is an ever-so-slight increase in the rate of acceptance for refugees (the year before, when just 11 people were accepted, the rate was around 0.2), it's still remarkably low. These 27 people didn't necessarily apply for refugee status last year, either. Some may have been waiting for years to have their case granted. According to Japanese news agency Kyodo, as of June last year, there were 10,830 applicants stuck in immigration limbo.



Just "Fake News", of course...
1763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Azeroth
Offline
Posted 2/21/17 , edited 2/21/17

Ocale wrote:

It's almost like there is always a degree of racism everywhere.

It's almost like not everything is black and white.

It's almost like people exaggerate or something.

Why do I even bother.


We not talking about "random KKK people" in some country, we talking about Prime Minister of Japan and its government. How policy is made.
Banned
12111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 2/21/17 , edited 2/21/17

TheGrandAlliance wrote:


ninjitsuko wrote:


TheGrandAlliance wrote:
But of course, it is isn't Trump-a-Racist, must report/lock thread on CR; Japanese society could never be racist. Blasphemy...


Yep.. Japan is so racist.. (that they're welcoming the Indians who will encounter issues getting H-1B Visas in America based on Trump's proposals).

I agree that Japan is pretty isolationist .. but what the heck does this all have to do with Trump? Japan is opening is borders more than ever because of the talent that US stands to lose by raising the minimum salary requirement for an H-1B visa. Sounds to me like they're more accepting on that scale.


You forget how many refugees Japan did (not) bring in last year. Or whenever...





https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/02/12/japan-took-in-just-27-refugees-last-year-yes-for-the-entire-year/

Japan took in just 27 refugees last year. Yes, for the entire year.

Data from Japan's Justice Ministry show that the country received a dramatic surge in applications for refugee status last year, with the total figure almost doubling to 7,586. But despite this surge in applications, Japan only granted refugee status for 27 people.

That means that, in total, just 0.4 percent of applications for asylum status were accepted. While that is an ever-so-slight increase in the rate of acceptance for refugees (the year before, when just 11 people were accepted, the rate was around 0.2), it's still remarkably low. These 27 people didn't necessarily apply for refugee status last year, either. Some may have been waiting for years to have their case granted. According to Japanese news agency Kyodo, as of June last year, there were 10,830 applicants stuck in immigration limbo.



Just "Fake News", of course...


Putting aside how needlessly inflammatory you're clearly trying to be, what do you exactly want people to conclude from the information you're presenting? Even if everyone bought into your crap, what would your endgame even be? Even if I were to fall for your shit I wouldn't all of a sudden be like "Oh, well I thought Trump was a racist, but now that I've seen someone who isn't Trump is a racist I guess Trump's not a racist." Do you have any goal with this besides desperate deflection?
Posted 2/21/17 , edited 2/21/17
You might be on to something here, but i feel there is racism everywhere
and i do not praise Japan as being honorable. Just my thought on this.
1763 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Azeroth
Offline
Posted 2/21/17 , edited 2/21/17

octorockandroll wrote:

Putting aside how needlessly inflammatory you're clearly trying to be, what do you exactly want people to conclude from the information you're presenting? Even if everyone bought into your crap, what would your endgame even be? Even if I were to fall for your shit I wouldn't all of a sudden be like "Oh, well I thought Trump was a racist, but now that I've seen someone who isn't Trump is a racist I guess Trump's not a racist." Do you have any goal with this besides desperate deflection?


It is a double standard. If Trump says something, it's "racist". When entire other countries (not just 1 man) actually do something racist; like Japan, then its somehow okay. Because we don't hate Japan, only Trump.

There is "racism", and then there is "real racism". But yet, anti-Trump people like to deny the truth.
22281 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Online
Posted 2/21/17 , edited 2/21/17
My question is why are you here? You seem to dislike Japan and yet you seem to be supporting part of it?

I mean you are looking like an inflammatory troll
Posted 2/21/17 , edited 2/21/17

TheGrandAlliance wrote:



Japan took in just 27 refugees last year. Yes, for the entire year.





And look what happened with just that many http://www.tokyoreporter.com/2016/02/22/tokyo-cops-arrest-turkish-asylum-seekers-in-gang-rape-of-woman/
Posted 2/21/17 , edited 2/21/17

TheGrandAlliance wrote:
You forget how many refugees Japan did (not) bring in last year. Or whenever...


Actually, no - I did not. The site I showed you actually showed how they're welcoming Indians who are scared that Trump's administration and the GOP are going to raise the minimum salary requirement for an H-1B (non-immigrant work) visa from $50,000 a year to $130,000 a year (while removing the "exception" for those with Masters degrees). I stated nothing about refugees whatsoever, so uncertain as to where that came into play.

Your argument is "Japan is so racist!" ---
I show you that they're not as racist as you think and you bring refugees into the equation. Alright, so...
Your underlying statement here is:

"Because I agree with Trump's ban against Muslim refugees and people are mentioning Japan, I'm going to use a well-known fact about Japan being plagued by racism to show that it could be worse!"

Let's take a moment to reflect on Japan's low amount of refugees last year...applicants were as followed:

1,829 of them were Indonesian.
1,451 of them were Nepalese.
1,413 of them were Filipinos.
4 of them were Syrian.

Only 27 of them were accepted as refugees. 97 of them were given resident status due to humanitarian reasons. (Source). That doesn't include those who applied for residence status (not refugee status). Last year marked an all-time high for foreign residents in Japan, about 2,000,000 legal residents that came from different countries. Of that two million...

665,847 were from China.
457,772 were from South Korea.
229,595 were from the Phillippines.

That means 1,353,214 out of 2,000,000 were from places that the Japanese have been known to be rather "racist" against. The remainder were from countries that were not of the majority (like United States, Canada, etc) so they haven't been published with accuracy.

You may notice that the minority of those attempting to get refugee status in Japan aren't Muslim. So, again, what does this have to do with Trump?
3704 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
23 / M
Offline
Posted 2/21/17 , edited 2/21/17
this a trump "debate"?
I just need a moment...

lol
Posted 2/21/17 , edited 2/21/17
"Japan takes in semi skilled workers they can pay less money and tell to fuck off when they're done or for whatever reason, so progressive"
Its good business, that's all.

First  Prev  1  2  3  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.