First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
Post Reply Crunchyroll Now on FireTV!
10023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/17/17
Can't find it in the apps on my UK fire stick. Am I looking in the wrong place?
49835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
61 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 3/17/17

a93h201 wrote:

Can't find it in the apps on my UK fire stick. Am I looking in the wrong place?


https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/B004U7BXBO
10023 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/17/17
Thanks got it now
1033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
66 / M
Offline
Posted 5/10/17
I tried it again several times within the past week. It's not really working at all though. It says I'm logged in, but my queue and history are "empty". I tried to logout, but "logout failed". All it displays under "Anime" is 6 or so popular titles--no way to load more or anything else.

So, it's currently useless.
49835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
61 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 5/10/17 , edited 7/2/17

lmn5151 wrote:

I tried it again several times within the past week. It's not really working at all though. It says I'm logged in, but my queue and history are "empty". I tried to logout, but "logout failed". All it displays under "Anime" is 6 or so popular titles--no way to load more or anything else.

So, it's currently useless.


One very annoying thing I have found is that if I do not exit the app via the "back" button when I am done watching something, and leave power applied to the FTV, it will eventually say "your session has expired" when I go back to it, and then my queue will be empty. That even happens sometimes if I press the main home key to get directly out of the CR app, and then go back in later.

Maybe something similar happened to you?

Sometimes all I need to do is to do a full power restart and it comes back working.

Occasionally though, I still have to do things the messy way. From the main FTV "home" screen, go to "settings", then to "applications", then down to "Manage Installed Applications". Scroll down to the CR app, select it, then "Clear Data" and "Clear Cache".

That logs me out, so then I need to go back to the main home screen again, select the CR app, and go to settings within the CR app this time and re-enter the id and password, and then it seems to work again.
1033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
66 / M
Offline
Posted 5/11/17
Thanks. I'll give that a try.
13017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 5/22/17
yeah mine does not work either, it also says i'm logged in and my queue and everything is empty, i have force closed the app and i had rebooted the firetv with no luck, is anyone from crunchyroll looking at this ? maybe amazon changed something that broke the app

49835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
61 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 5/22/17

wikarocha wrote:

yeah mine does not work either, it also says i'm logged in and my queue and everything is empty, i have force closed the app and i had rebooted the firetv with no luck, is anyone from crunchyroll looking at this ? maybe amazon changed something that broke the app



Did you try going to manage apps in the main FTV settings and do a "clear data"? (you will have to re-login)
13017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 5/22/17
i haven't will try and report back, hopefully that works
13017 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
34 / M
Offline
Posted 5/22/17

asharka wrote:


wikarocha wrote:

yeah mine does not work either, it also says i'm logged in and my queue and everything is empty, i have force closed the app and i had rebooted the firetv with no luck, is anyone from crunchyroll looking at this ? maybe amazon changed something that broke the app



Did you try going to manage apps in the main FTV settings and do a "clear data"? (you will have to re-login)




thanks that solved the issue

now i feel stupid that the fix was so easy haha
49835 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
61 / M / Earth
Offline
Posted 5/22/17

wikarocha wrote:
thanks that solved the issue

The thing I have found that seems to cause it is not exiting the CR app by using the back arrow (left of the home button) until it asks "do you want to exit the app" and then getting out that way every time I am going to stop watching.

If instead, I leave via the home button or just let the stick sit without leaving the app, then the session connection eventually expires, and when I get back to it later, I get an error message and my queue is empty, too.

Usually, I only have to unplug power and restart, or do a device restart from the settings, and most of the time that corrects it, but occasionally, I have to still do the clear data and re-login thing. Kind of an annoying bug.
1033 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
66 / M
Offline
Posted 5/25/17 , edited 5/25/17
So far, so good. I think, during my initial playing around with the app, that I did exit once using the Home button. Using just the Return button to back out gracefully(?) has worked so far to keep it in a usable state for the next time.

The only real complaint I have for now with the app after using it quite a bit is that the subtitles sometimes disappear almost as soon as they appear, giving no time to read them. Of course, this may just be a recent issue with Crunchyroll itself.
7005 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 6/3/17
This service is a fucking joke! I can't connect via the Fire TV app or the Android app from Friday night until Monday. This service has become absolutely worthless. On the Fire TV I've tried clearing data, install and reinstall, but didn't help. Same goes for the Android app. Quite this VRV bull shit and put some effort into your apps. I've never had any of these problems until the last 2 or so months which happens to coincide with the stupid VRV app. I want to give you my money and keep supporting legal anime but you make it much easier to want to pirate the series I love when your shit doesn't work! Fucking frustrating!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.