First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply Antisemitism on the rise: Teacher fired for tweet
Banned
21752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Offline
Posted 2/22/17 , edited 2/23/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


rawratl wrote:

Nice, the Holocaust denier is worried about antisemitism now.


Trump denied the holocaust ???????


Well seeing how in his holocaust remembrance day speech he didn't mention the Jews probably on orders from Steve Bannon
http://time.com/4652863/white-house-statement-holocaust-remembrance-day/
462 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Germany
Offline
Posted 2/22/17 , edited 2/23/17
I'm becoming turned on i luv middle eastern woman
35643 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/22/17 , edited 2/23/17

PeripheralVisionary wrote:
I say this for the chance of peace and against unnecessary fights. Plus, do we really need to give him a reason? This feels like bringing beef from another thread, however deserved or humorous it may be. I mean, let us face it, the source is actually legitimate from the sound of it.


I think we missed the chance for peace about 16 bans ago. Even if the source is legitimate we both know why he chose this story in particular and what his motivations are. I don't see any reason to pretend otherwise. It just gives him another opening to bait people in with a shred of reasonable discussion then perform his usual circus routine.

He's a troll. You know it, I know it, he knows it, the mods know it, we all know it. Least we can do is ward off any new comers to the forums before he finds any fresh meat. -.-

mxdan 
10928 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 2/22/17 , edited 2/23/17
I don't even get it, like, at all...

There aren't even any modern contextual reasons to dislike Jews. They aren't as common as they used to be. They keep to themselves. And they don't do anything offensive, as far as I know of, to anyone as a whole. I rarely see Jews and when I do most the time I can't even tell they are Jew unless they are wearing a yamaka.

It's like being anti-Buddhist.

Why?

Fucking why?

...Thanks Obama.
Posted 2/22/17 , edited 2/23/17

mxdan wrote:

I don't even get it, like, at all...

There aren't even any modern contextual reasons to dislike Jews. They aren't as common as they used to be. They keep to themselves. And they don't do anything offensive, as far as I know of, to anyone as a whole. I rarely see Jews and when I do most the time I can't even tell they are Jew unless they are wearing a yamaka.

It's like being anti-Buddhist.

Why?

Fucking why?

...Thanks Obama.


Most modern antisemitism I would say comes from the Israel-Palestine predicament. There are some legitimate issues on the pro palestinian side I suppose, but their methods are shitty.
14840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 2/22/17 , edited 2/23/17
Point: Antisemitism on the rise
Evidence: A single anecdote
Was the point backed with ample evidence to be taken seriously? No

Worldwide, you aren't wrong (not sure about US specifically though), but put a little more effort into your threads if you want me to address anything you say seriously.
22937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 2/22/17 , edited 2/23/17

runec wrote:


PeripheralVisionary wrote:
I say this for the chance of peace and against unnecessary fights. Plus, do we really need to give him a reason? This feels like bringing beef from another thread, however deserved or humorous it may be. I mean, let us face it, the source is actually legitimate from the sound of it.


I think we missed the chance for peace about 16 bans ago. Even if the source is legitimate we both know why he chose this story in particular and what his motivations are. I don't see any reason to pretend otherwise. It just gives him another opening to bait people in with a shred of reasonable discussion then perform his usual circus routine.

He's a troll. You know it, I know it, he knows it, the mods know it, we all know it. Least we can do is ward off any new comers to the forums before he finds any fresh meat. -.-



I agree, based on history, his intentions are easily conjectured, but I feel it is besides the point when the thread is reasonable-ish, give or take the lack of personal input. Why cannot we discuss this, despite OP's intentions? I believe that derailing it to oppose the "perceived imminence" of his spam, and his racism aren't the way to do it, but I suppose I cannot convince you. Do what you want.

I much rather have him make a fool of himself in a thread before we call him out in the same thread, but whatever.

I could cite the rules as being probably against this, but I am neither Lorreen or MakotoKamui.

22937 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Oppai Hell
Online
Posted 2/22/17 , edited 2/23/17

boxnoodle wrote:

Tbh when I look at Palestine I can't help but think, maybe Hitler was right.


Well, technically, Hitler engineered The Holocaust, which was responsible for...

Posted 2/22/17 , edited 2/23/17

sundin13 wrote:

Point: Antisemitism on the rise
Evidence: A single anecdote
Was the point backed with ample evidence to be taken seriously? No

Worldwide, you aren't wrong (not sure about US specifically though), but put a little more effort into your threads if you want me to address anything you say seriously.


https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/21/us/politics/trump-speaks-out-against-anti-semitism.html
Been living under a rock?
Banned
21752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Offline
Posted 2/22/17 , edited 2/23/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


sundin13 wrote:

Point: Antisemitism on the rise
Evidence: A single anecdote
Was the point backed with ample evidence to be taken seriously? No

Worldwide, you aren't wrong (not sure about US specifically though), but put a little more effort into your threads if you want me to address anything you say seriously.


https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/21/us/politics/trump-speaks-out-against-anti-semitism.html
Been living under a rock?


after weeks of prodding he finely spoke out
14840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 2/22/17 , edited 2/23/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


sundin13 wrote:

Point: Antisemitism on the rise
Evidence: A single anecdote
Was the point backed with ample evidence to be taken seriously? No

Worldwide, you aren't wrong (not sure about US specifically though), but put a little more effort into your threads if you want me to address anything you say seriously.


https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/21/us/politics/trump-speaks-out-against-anti-semitism.html
Been living under a rock?


See, that wasn't so hard, was it? Maybe put something like that in your OP next time. Remember to ask yourself before posting, "did I present adequate backing for my points or did I just float an unsubstantiated claim into the ether and hope the Universe will do my job for me". Then you will be on your way to forum success.
Posted 2/22/17 , edited 2/23/17

uncletim wrote:


after weeks of prodding he finely spoke out


All of his grandkids are jewish
He's tremendously pro Israel
Where exactly is this 'trump is antisemitic' stuff coming from? Why did he even need to make a statement on it?


sundin13 wrote:


See, that wasn't so hard, was it? Maybe put something like that in your OP next time. Remember to ask yourself before posting, "did I present adequate backing for my points or did I just float an unsubstantiated claim into the ether and hope the Universe will do my job for me". Then you will be on your way to forum success.

In what way did I make an unsubstantiated claim?
Banned
21752 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
53 / M / In
Offline
Posted 2/22/17 , edited 2/23/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


uncletim wrote:


after weeks of prodding he finely spoke out


All of his grandkids are jewish
He's tremendously pro Israel
Where exactly is this 'trump is antisemitic' stuff coming from? Why did he even need to make a statement on it?


Well his slow responce to the whole mess
oh and leaving the jews out of his holocaust remembrance day speech
Which is kind of like doing a Pearl harbor day speech and failing to mention the US Navy was there
14840 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 2/22/17 , edited 2/23/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:

In what way did I make an unsubstantiated claim?


Point: Antisemitism on the rise
Evidence: A single anecdote
Was the point backed with ample evidence to be taken seriously? No
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.