First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
Comic Books
Posted 7/12/07
Crisis On Infinite Earths
Infinite Crisis (DC)
The Death of Superman
The Return of Superman
The Tenth Garfield Fat Cat 3-Pack

841 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M / Oregon
Offline
Posted 7/12/07
Comics are pieces of pompous, gross, vile, disgusting, litterally toned down, violent, crude, unhumorous, uninteresting, pointless, senseless, unorganized, low-minded, excitement absented, gnarly, dumb, horrible, smelly, , stupid, and idiotic crap, intended for absent-minded fools with IQs equal to that of a squash.

...

I read Calvin and Hobbes, Dilbert, Foxtrot, Garfield, and random Superhero comics.
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 7/12/07

whatsome wrote:

Infinite Crisis (DC)
The Death of Superman
The Return of Superman
The Tenth Garfield Fat Cat 3-Pack



DC sucks! Go marvel! :P...J/k...but not really.



Posted 7/12/07
^ Both Marvel and DC have a lot of authors and story versions for each characters. They are so inconsistent nowadays; not to mention, they intentionally squeeze extra characters with extra stories that are so wishy-washy.
I mostly end up buying a Japanese manga (w/ english translation of course).
Posted 7/12/07

SeraphAlford wrote:


whatsome wrote:

Infinite Crisis (DC)
The Death of Superman
The Return of Superman
The Tenth Garfield Fat Cat 3-Pack



DC sucks! Go marvel! :P...J/k...but not really.






Actually the past few months DC has really stepped up and shoveled out some very quality comics

Trevor (OP)
10452 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M
Offline
Posted 7/12/07
Marvel isn’t inconsistent at all. (Not anymore anyway, they evolved.) But, this being said, the rest of what you said is true. Marvel and DC both try and milk every penny out of every power and character they think up. But, the story behind Marvel is pretty cool, and the characters are not Gods like in DC. (Like that android who can simply will existence away. Or superman who has –every-power.)

Have they Trevor? I don't read Dc. I'm loyal to Marvel after the Supperman comics I read... *Flinch*
Posted 7/12/07

SeraphAlford wrote:

Marvel isn’t inconsistent at all. (Not anymore anyway, they evolved.) But, this being said, the rest of what you said is true. Marvel and DC both try and milk every penny out of every power and character they think up. But, the story behind Marvel is pretty cool, and the characters are not Gods like in DC. (Like that android who can simply will existence away. Or superman who has –every-power.)

Have they Trevor? I don't read Dc. I'm loyal to Marvel after the Supperman comics I read... *Flinch*



Ahh yea i mean i was a bit dissapointed with Civil War,,so ive slacked off on marvel for a while ive been noticing alot of their stories or just rehashed from previous tellings with new characters and little odds and ends added here or there...dc @ least has been trying to inovate some for the past 4 or 5 months i think..but yea i still concsider myself a Marvel fan over DC as the body of work as a whole

Trevor (OP)
Posted 7/12/07
Wolverine is my fave in X-men. I used to read some comics about Wolverine when his whole adamantum skeleton turned to regular bones courtesy by Magneto, and the time when he couldn't control the claws/spikes coming out all over his body.

I'm also into this comic called: SVC Chaos: SNK vs. CAPCOM.

Here's a link if you guys like to read Marvel comics online:
http://groups.msn.com/UltimateSpidermanOnlineComic/ultimatespiderman.msnw

That website also has Spawn and StreetFighter.
11277 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Iloilo City, PH
Offline
Posted 7/12/07
it's better to read the origin stories... wolverine and sabretooth's had bad blood since the late 1800s... hahaha

anyway about marvel i forgot what title but it's pretty cool... marvel characters during the inquisition

Edit: marvel's 1602!!
649 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / Wonderland
Offline
Posted 7/12/07
I LOVE the manga Kill me Kiss me. Its my favorite! But I also read pearl song, school rumble, fruits basket, and others.
Posted 7/12/07

MoonlightCrisis wrote:

Wow I feel dumb for saying this...

But...I used to have little Garfield comic books and they were funny. =]

Until I realized the panels started to look the same.

Panel 1-
John- I'm going to leave this lasagna here knowing Garfield might eat it, but I believe he won't eat it. *Walks away, accomplished*

Panel 2-
Garfield sits and watches lasagna.

Panel 3-
Garfield sits and watches lasagna.

Panel 4-
Garfield sits and watches lasagna.

Panel 5-
Garfield pounces on lasagna and eats it.

Panel 6-
John- GARFIELD!!!!!!

Its sad and true. ]]=

No Garfield was funny!!^^
My brother used to have like all of them, and I read them all the time

Aw, so no one has heard of the Sonic the Hedgehog comics?? heh
78167 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
30 / M / Japan
Offline
Posted 7/15/07
Here's your thread. It got thrown to the back... happens sometimes. I'll add it to the index later, just in case it happens again.
2611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / comic shops and c...
Offline
Posted 7/15/07

kyocool wrote:


SeraphAlford wrote:

Marvel isn’t inconsistent at all. (Not anymore anyway, they evolved.) But, this being said, the rest of what you said is true. Marvel and DC both try and milk every penny out of every power and character they think up. But, the story behind Marvel is pretty cool, and the characters are not Gods like in DC. (Like that android who can simply will existence away. Or superman who has –every-power.)

Have they Trevor? I don't read Dc. I'm loyal to Marvel after the Supperman comics I read... *Flinch*



Ahh yea i mean i was a bit dissapointed with Civil War,,so ive slacked off on marvel for a while ive been noticing alot of their stories or just rehashed from previous tellings with new characters and little odds and ends added here or there...dc @ least has been trying to inovate some for the past 4 or 5 months i think..but yea i still concsider myself a Marvel fan over DC as the body of work as a whole

Trevor (OP)



to hell with civil war. Endangered Species is where it's at. it's showing the most progress in the XMen and XMen related books in years. i mean, Scarlet Witch casts a spell to make all mutants in the world lose thier mutant powers. now there's only 198 mutants left in the world. that's much more interesting than civil war. and has anyone read any of those world war hulk comics? there was so much hype about it and most of the issues barely have anything good in them. only the one were iron man gets his ass kicked. After the Endangered Species story is over something bigger is gonna come out and it's called Messiah Complex. a new mutant birth has occured and the xmen as well as a bunch of other mutant teams are going after it. oh god i've fallen back in love with the x-books. and for once i'm not talking about porn.
Posted 7/15/07
^ I think I saw a comic about Hulk vs. Wolverine. Hulk was a pimp on that comic, with a lot of whores and stuff to his disposal.
Probably it was only 12 page issue, nothing significant. I don't remember.
2611 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / M / comic shops and c...
Offline
Posted 7/15/07
i think i know what ur talking about. it was a mini series that came out a few years ago?

in world war hulk i think he was able to get any chick he wanted when he was ruler of his own planet. then his people were killed off and now he has blueballs and he is pissed.

you know what i realized? x factor is a kick as book. one of thier main artists has this noir type of art style that matches the comic perfectly. it also has this nice sense of humor to it.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.