First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply transgender boy wins girls state wrestling title
Posted 2/26/17
just wow i come back and this?
11816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 2/26/17 , edited 2/27/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:

But but ...

I can't just let this go


You might as well, with the level of derogatory statements, insults and general bashing that have come up in the more recent pages of this thread, it's more than likely going to be locked (even if only temporarily) as soon as a mod gets around to checking it out.
11740 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 2/26/17 , edited 2/27/17
[content removed by mod because it was response to a post which moderator also deleted content of. In addition, parts of this response violated the "be respectful" rule itself]
13234 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Offline
Posted 2/26/17
it's quite sad that even if someone wins a tournament and becomes a local champion, rather than congratulating the winner, people are instead focusing on the transgender aspect.
i completely forgot to congratulate the person - congratulations.
11740 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 2/26/17 , edited 2/27/17

octorockandroll wrote:

You might as well, with the level of derogatory statements, insults and general bashing that have come up in the more recent pages of this thread, it's more than likely going to be locked (even if only temporarily) as soon as a mod gets around to checking it out.


Oops...too late :*
11816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 2/26/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

You might as well, with the level of derogatory statements, insults and general bashing that have come up in the more recent pages of this thread, it's more than likely going to be locked (even if only temporarily) as soon as a mod gets around to checking it out.


Oops...too late :*


Well I think you're wasting your time, but I can't say I disagree with what you said.
11740 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 2/26/17

octorockandroll wrote:


TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


octorockandroll wrote:

You might as well, with the level of derogatory statements, insults and general bashing that have come up in the more recent pages of this thread, it's more than likely going to be locked (even if only temporarily) as soon as a mod gets around to checking it out.


Oops...too late :*


Well I think you're wasting your time, but I can't say I disagree with what you said.


Bruh you have a track record of starting wars don't pretend like you aren't guilty
11816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 2/26/17 , edited 2/27/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:

Bruh you have a track record of starting wars don't pretend like you aren't guilty


I guess that's true. Though I've made a point of staying away from the trans topics on that front because people who are as staunchly against it as some of the people on cr are so to the point of flat out ignoring science, as you can see in the interactions between Amyas_Leigh and BlueOni. If they're going to go that far what's even the point of trying to engage with them?
15059 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/26/17
I wonder how people would be reacting if this kid was put up against the boys and got absolutely crushed.
11740 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 2/26/17

octorockandroll

I guess that's true. Though I've made a point of staying away from the trans topics on that front because people who are as staunchly against it as some of the people on cr are so to the point of flat out ignoring science, as you can see in the interactions between Amyas_Leigh and BlueOni. If they're going to go that far what's even the point of trying to engage with them?


Because i'm usually not into this subject either and that's probably the most offensive and dumb comment i've ever seen on these forums and that's saying a looooooooooot
11816 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Winnipeg, MB.
Offline
Posted 2/26/17 , edited 2/26/17

gornotck wrote:

I wonder how people would be reacting if this kid was put up against the boys and got absolutely crushed.


Personally I would say he's just gotta train up more. Simple as that.


TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:


octorockandroll

I guess that's true. Though I've made a point of staying away from the trans topics on that front because people who are as staunchly against it as some of the people on cr are so to the point of flat out ignoring science, as you can see in the interactions between Amyas_Leigh and BlueOni. If they're going to go that far what's even the point of trying to engage with them?


Because i'm usually not into this subject either and that's probably the most offensive and dumb comment i've ever seen on these forums and that's saying a looooooooooot


That's fair. Most transphobes at least try to be subtle about their prejudices. I mean I'm not gonna just jump down someone's throat for thinking poorly of trans people, even though that's a bad thing to do, but flat out making blanketing insults is taking it beyond too far.
15248 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 2/26/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


sundin13 wrote:



Well, theres a few reasons why they are different.

First of all, as previously stated, there is a clear biological basis for much of Transgenderism. This means that the underlying cause is often understood to at least some degree and as such the line of treatment is generally more clear. On the other hand, something like Body Dysmorphic Disorder isn't really understood at a biological level and it is something that is heavily influenced by cultural and societal factors. Because of this, often surgical treatment doesn't have the desired effect. You see a large disparity in satisfaction with surgical treatment when comparing the two conditions, which I believe is largely because of the biological vs cultural factors behind the disorders. Basically, treating culture is a lot different than treating biology.

Second of all, when looking at the degree of physical health change between sexual reassignment surgery and blinding yourself, there is a big disparity. Under SRS, you aren't really losing much in the way of physical health. You may be losing your fertility but this is a procedure that plenty of people volunteer for and doesn't really affect day to day life. On the other hand, the ability to see is fairly important. Virtually the entire world is designed around vision.

Third, you keep trying to re-contextualize transgenderism into something flippant with phrases such as "because you feel like it". This isn't a whim and I don't think any sensible person would recommend receiving surgery on a whim, no matter how pro-trans rights they are. This is something that is undergone after years of counseling and examining all of the options available. It is also something that is often done as a second stage to transitioning after hormone treatment. This is not a whim and as previously discussed, it is not a strictly psychological condition either.

Fourth, "not knowing all of the side effects" of something does not make it tantamount to human experimentation, however that seems to be more of an issue you have with the FDA than with trans rights.


Holy wall of text batman. Lets see, where to start. Transgenderism and GDD are the same thing. The physical and psychological effects of SRS definitely change your day to day. MtF trans people will have to dilate the wound they call a vagina every day for the rest of their life to keep it from healing up. While having to live with the fact that it will never be what they want it to be, there is a lot of regret, leading to depression, anxiety and suicide.
Saying its because they feel like it wasn't meant to be flippant, its just fact.
And yes I would say I have a problem with the FDA allowing young children to be injected with hormone blockers because they feel like it. Or because the mommy who will finally get the little boy/girl she wanted felt like it.


1) By GDD I assume you mean Gender Dysphoria? Not sure why you brought this up. I mean, first of all its false but enough people have told you that that I see no reason to go into it. Second of all, I never mentioned Gender Dysphoria so its a weird thing to bring up.

2) Change day to day life? Sure. Harm someone's ability to participate in day to day life? Not really. I'm not sure why anyone would protest to someone changing their day to day life. I mean, people move, break up with their significant others, quit there job, etc, all of which change day to day life. Saying "well, their day to day life wont be the same" isn't a condemnation of anything.

3) Like I said, there is actually plenty of research looking into transitioning and general satisfaction rates are pretty high. While its not perfect (and I think we should encourage people give the idea of SRS a great deal of thought before undergoing the procedure), it is unreasonable to demand perfection. The majority of depression which arises from transitioning is actually due to societal concerns, not continued dysphoria. This is a flaw of our society, not a flaw in treatment or SRS. Restricting the rights of trans people doesn't really help in this regard.

4) I mean, people with gender dysphoria "feel" dysphoric as much as someone with colon cancer "feels" like they have a tumor in their colon.

5) Your last point has nothing to do with anything we discussed. I really don't know why you went there. Those under 18 undergoing transitioning is a whole separate discussion.
Humms 
12007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Online
Posted 2/26/17 , edited 2/27/17
[content removed by moderator]
11740 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
17 / M
Offline
Posted 2/26/17 , edited 2/27/17

Humms

[quoted material was removed by mod after it was quoted]


Why can't you just respect people even if you don't agree with their life choices?
Humms 
12007 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Online
Posted 2/26/17 , edited 2/27/17

TheAngryLittleAlchemist wrote:

Why can't you just respect people even if you don't agree with their life choices?


You don't think I respect people xD and their choices

No my friend, I don't give a flying fuck what people do with their lives, as long as it doesn't change the status quo........ huh, well would you look at that. Why this thread exists at this very moment.

I think it's funny that you see me as a piece of shit for saying these things, when you could probably ask anyone I know seeing me as humble. If people want to hang me for it, go ahead, I'll still be spouting off about this, because sooner or later we have to make a choice, and if people see me only as some ignorant piece of shit for my comments made today. So be it world.

First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.