First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
Post Reply Oscar Flub, The Vengeance of Trump? (An embarrassment of the opposition, is a political win for Trump)
CronoT 
9546 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/27/17
The IP is just having some (slightly inappropriate) fun with what happened at the Oscars last night. To use military slang, they had a major Charlie Foxtrot last night, because somehow Warren Beatty grabbed the wrong envelope.

Also, slightly off-topic, but does anyone else remember when Jimmy Kimmel used to not keep his nuts in His wife's purse, back when he used to host The Man Show on Comedy Central?
12214 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
49 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 2/27/17 , edited 2/27/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:


neugenx wrote:



Trump crossed that line and made it a "racial" ban the moment he told his people to let Catholics and Christians through unimpeded.


>racial
>catholics and christians
Religion != race


Yes, religious but under the eyes of the law still protected under the same Amendments the same way. They protect under both race and religion using the same precedents and Supreme Court decisions.


CronoT wrote:

The IP is just having some (slightly inappropriate) fun with what happened at the Oscars last night. To use military slang, they had a major Charlie Foxtrot last night, because somehow Warren Beatty grabbed the wrong envelope.

Also, slightly off-topic, but does anyone else remember when Jimmy Kimmel used to not keep his nuts in His wife's purse, back when he used to host The Man Show on Comedy Central?


The auditors stepped up and took the blame tonight. Emma Stone pretty much forced them to by taking pictures backstage with the card and envelope announcing her win for Lead Actress at the same exact time Warren was opening an identical envelope on stage that was handed to him.They were both the same. The auditors admitted that there was only supposed to be one but somebody accidentally printed a duplicate.
mxdan 
11250 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / A Husk.
Offline
Posted 2/27/17

TheGrandAlliance wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:

I'm sorry... But even I can't make the correlation.... An Oscar awards ceremony disaster is a vindication for the Trump Administration. You are reaching with one of these:

I understand your sentiment, but.... I just can't see the connection, here.


It isn't necessarily "vindication" per se, just vengeance. Hence, thread title. "Getting back at them"/humiliation in a way, after a whole night of directed insults. Was it his doing? Probably not, but that is besides the point. The score, "settled".

Perhaps, the humor of the irony has been lost on you; no worries nevertheless...


- Sees generic statements as directed insults.

- Sets up a thread to hurl insults back off of confirmation bias.

- Insults the intelligence of people when they don't share his subjective line of reasoning.



One Punch Mod
105866 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
F / Boston-ish
Offline
Posted 2/28/17 , edited 2/28/17

neugenx wrote:

The auditors stepped up and took the blame tonight. Emma Stone pretty much forced them to by taking pictures backstage with the card and envelope announcing her win for Lead Actress at the same exact time Warren was opening an identical envelope on stage that was handed to him.They were both the same. The auditors admitted that there was only supposed to be one but somebody accidentally printed a duplicate.


Actually, what I read indicates there are two copies of each card at the award event by design. It was the auditors' fault for giving the wrong card to Beatty, not for there being a duplicate card.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-oscars-2017-89th-academy-awards-how-could-the-best-picture-mix-up-1488175439-htmlstory.html

---------

While I agree the OP's linking the embarrassment of that Oscar moment as some sort of "Take that you liberals" karmic event in relation to Trump is odd, and that the original thread title was misleading, and was made even more confusing by the not all that clear opening post, the remainder of the thread has shed some light on the intent, so I'm leaving the thread in place. (I did modify the title though to be more clear... I think.)

Posted 2/28/17

neugenx wrote:


Yes, religious but under the eyes of the law still protected under the same Amendments the same way. They protect under both race and religion using the same precedents and Supreme Court decisions.



Good thing the Constitution doesn't protect non citizens that aren't even in the country.
Also 8 U.S. Code § 1182
Posted 2/28/17

Amyas_Leigh wrote:
Good thing the Constitution doesn't protect non citizens that aren't even in the country.
Also 8 U.S. Code § 1182


Bill of Rights protects all who are within the borders of the United States. The Constitution does protect those who have valid visas to The United States of America.

US Code citation doesn't correlate to the topic you're discussing and is being used out of context. It would correlate if we were allowing those with criminal convictions or known terrorist ties (as a representative or have engaged in terrorism of any kind). Trump's immigration/travel ban was imposed on those with valid visas and those who do not meet any of the requirements of being considered an "inadmissible alien".

TSA agents have questioned potential immigrants or incoming travelers regarding their religion and their views regarding Trump (even if they were American citizens in some cases). That's where it became another issue altogether.

---

As for the topic - it's a significant stretch to try to correlate the Oscars to Trump (or vice versa). Admittedly, there were some politically driven advertisements on during the time that the Oscars was being shown (according to the same "mainstream media" that is meant to be "Anti-Trump") that were pretty focused on Trump and his policies. Though, one cannot state that all celebrities (ala "Hollywood") are liberals. Clint Eastwood, Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Nicki Minaj, and Lindsay Lohan are just a few known Republican "Hollywood" celebrities.

Alas, it paints a pretty picture to try to label an entire section of people as a political party or a political label because it makes it significantly easier to try to correlate irrelevant things to them, I guess?
469 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M / Florida, USA
Offline
Posted 2/28/17
Mistakes like these make me think they're intentional publicity stunts. It'll make headlines and give you something to remember the Oscars by.
1749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Azeroth
Offline
Posted 2/28/17 , edited 3/1/17

lorreen wrote:


While I agree the OP's linking the embarrassment of that Oscar moment as some sort of "Take that you liberals" karmic event in relation to Trump is odd, and that the original thread title was misleading, and was made even more confusing by the not all that clear opening post, the remainder of the thread has shed some light on the intent, so I'm leaving the thread in place. (I did modify the title though to be more clear... I think.)



That is one reaaaaaly long titlte, loreen. Is the name of a thread so important?

Look, apparently there are tons of people unaware of the political left bias of Hollywood: They either too young or naïve. Whether it be the content of their films, the $$$ and time given to DNC/Hillary, or whatever, it is very impossible to deny this.

I can't help if people here don't get it, in either case. Maybe that's why they hate Trump so much in the first? Ignorance is bliss, it is so...

....
1749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Azeroth
Offline
Posted 2/28/17 , edited 3/1/17

mxdan wrote:

- Sees generic statements as directed insults.

- Sets up a thread to hurl insults back off of confirmation bias.

- Insults the intelligence of people when they don't share his subjective line of reasoning.


It would help if you actually watched it, as opposed to being ridiculous with ur ignorance bias.

Here, watch thisNHK report. Japanese, in English. Very good.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/20170227_18/

Tell me Trump is not directed target. Please, just try. I laugh so much, so very funny...
qwueri 
21133 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 2/28/17

TheGrandAlliance wrote:

That is one reaaaaaly long titlte, loreen. Is the name of a thread so important?

Look, apparently there are tons of people unaware of the political left bias of Hollywood: They either too young or naïve. Whether it be the content of their films, the $$$ and time given to DNC/Hillary, or whatever, it is very impossible to deny this.

I can't help if people here don't get it, in either case. Maybe that's why they hate Trump so much in the first? Ignorance is bliss, it is so...

....


People don't get it because the best picture gaff affects three parties 1) the people hosting the awards ceremony, 2/3) the people involved with creating Lala Land and Moonlight. Painting it as some political slight is absurd. The gaff did not involve politics, the gaff affects Hollywood as a whole very little, and you very clearly aren't focused on the politics of any of the parties directly affected by it. Laugh all you want, the path you've painted to make this somehow about Trump is sad.
Ejanss 
16847 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/28/17 , edited 2/28/17

TheGrandAlliance wrote:
That is one reaaaaaly long titlte, loreen. Is the name of a thread so important?.


Think that's Lorreen's apologia attempt to put the thread topic into actual context for everyone else's benefit, while echoing the general "coo-coo, coo-coo!" consensus of "Where are you f***ing GETTING this??? "


TheGrandAlliance wrote:

Ejanss wrote:
...IS MISSING!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?? (<- rhetoric, actual answers not obligated)

IDK..... Perhaps the answer to all great wisdom...


(...........Anyone? Just, y'know, jump on whenever you want. )
1541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/28/17

TheGrandAlliance wrote:

Lots of incomplete thoughts; fake news, or just complete "alternative facts" from the left below. Time to "fact-check the fact-checkers".


neugenx wrote:

Simply put, Muhammed Ali Jr., an American Citizen, was stopped and asked specifically if he as a Muslim and detained for hours when answering yes due to the "Not a religiously exclusive" travel ban which let those coming in claiming to be Christian or Catholic straight through.
A clear violation of the 1st, 4th and 14th Amendments all at once. Can you argue that fact?


...because it didn't happen? These claims are being made by lawyers representing, and are not substantiated with evidence.


neugenx wrote:
Also despite what many are led to believe "illegal immigrants" actually have the same rights as citizens of the U.S under the 14th Amendment (as determined by the Supreme Court in 1896).


You are referring to this...


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Wong_Kim_Ark

United States v. Wong Kim Ark, 169 U.S. 649 (1898), is a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court ruled that a child born in the United States of Chinese citizens, who had at the time a permanent domicile and residence in the United States and who were carrying on business there other than for the Chinese government, automatically became a U.S. citizen.


This case is in reference to people born in USA, not illegal immigration. You are tyring to conflate people running over the border with people who where born here (from non-citizens). Generally referred to as "anchor babies".

Real illegal immigrants, do not have citizen rights; else entire world could move here.


neugenx wrote:
(except Mitch McConnell whose wife got an Ambassadorship under Trump for his ass-kissing tactics during the campaign...talk about a huge conflict of interest that should be investigated by a bi-partisan committee).


His wife was appointed to be Transportation Secretary, not an ambassadorship. She held Deputy Transportation Secretary position under Bush, as well as Labor Secretary.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elaine_Chao
On November 29, 2016, President-elect Donald Trump nominated Chao to serve as the Secretary of Transportation. She was confirmed by the Senate on January 31, 2017, in a 93-6 vote. Chao is married to Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky, who has been the Senate Majority Leader since January 3, 2015


you realize the right are the creators of alt-facts, right? just ask Kellyanne... oh wait she'll just blame someone else
runec 
36337 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/28/17 , edited 2/28/17
Welp: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/321500-trump-unable-to-name-a-time-when-he-deserved-criticism


President Trump in an interview broadcast Tuesday was unable to name a time when he deserved criticism.

“Can you give me an example of a time when someone was critical of you and you thought to yourself, 'I deserved that hit, I deserved that column,'” “Fox & Friends” host Brian Kilmeade asked the president.

“No, probably I could never do that,” Trump responded.


http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/basics/definition/con-20025568

>.>

Edit: Crap, I posted this in the wrong thread. Apologies, mods.
1749 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M / Azeroth
Offline
Posted 2/28/17 , edited 3/1/17

runec wrote:


President Trump in an interview broadcast Tuesday was unable to name a time when he deserved criticism.

“Can you give me an example of a time when someone was critical of you and you thought to yourself, 'I deserved that hit, I deserved that column,'” “Fox & Friends” host Brian Kilmeade asked the president.

“No, probably I could never do that,” Trump responded.


>.>




That's not true; more fake news for you, it is one of Trump's philosophies... Never admit defeat. More so, only look forward on positives. Reason he doesn't talk about his bankruptcies.


The idea being, if Trump says something bad about himself in earnest, the media runs with fake news articles thereafter. Which happens. So, yes it may appear "narcissist" to the uninformed, it is simply "brand management" strategy. He runs his life like a business, how "Trump became Trump".


Same reason CR fails to admit their servers suck. But no matter...
14217 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/28/17 , edited 2/28/17

TheGrandAlliance wrote:

That's not true; more fake news for you, it is one of Trump's philosophies... Never admit defeat. More so, only look forward on positives. Reason he doesn't talk about his bankruptcies.


The idea being, if Trump says something bad about himself in earnest, the media runs with fake news articles thereafter. Which happens. So, yes it may appear "narcissist" to the uninformed, it is simply "brand management" strategy. He runs his life like a business, how "Trump became Trump".


Same reason CR fails to admit their servers suck. But no matter...

do you . . . realize . . . that in this context you seem to be using "fake news" to refer to reporting things trump has literally said if those things make him sound kind of bad?

do words mean anything anymore?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.