First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
Post Reply Look At What Happened Last Night In Sweden!
39161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/28/17 , edited 2/28/17
So, I decided to take another look at this, and here's what I found.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39021599


US President Donald Trump baffled Sweden after incorrectly suggesting that a terror attack may have taken place there on Friday night. He was speaking at a rally in Florida on Saturday.


Listen to what President Trump actually says. He actually says, "They're having problems like they never thought possible."

Trump never said, it was a terrorist attack. He had to clarify that he was referring to a report that aired the previous night on Fox News.


“My statement as to what’s happening in Sweden was in reference to a story that was broadcast on @FoxNews concerning immigrants & Sweden,”


http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/320316-trump-clarifies-remarks-on-nonexistent-sweden-incident-i-got-it

Again, they still characterized his statement, saying that he was referring to a terrorist attack.


President Trump sought to explain his reference to a nonexistent terrorism incident in Sweden at a rally Saturday night, pointing to a story from Fox News.


Even though there clearly was a report on Fox News, the night before, talking about the massive problems they were having in Sweden.

The story that aired on Fox News, was not about a terrorist attack that happened in Sweden. It was about Sweden's growing crime rates in direct correlation to Sweden's very poorly implemented mass immigration policy, over the last several years.

Again, the ever growing problem Sweden is facing is ignored in favor of insisting that President Trump said that a Terror Attack occurred.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39020962



Why am I revisiting this story?

Because of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2Jg9CGC_uY

This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8bqWbJkTf8

This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdQiIDXutsk

This:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmbmP6zssWo

And this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPtNON6sHXw

Here's the angry foreigner that moved to Sweden as a refugee.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1_viPSD-bY

Here he is again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lsoZ0uDOGY

My conclusion is this, President Trump was not lying when he said, that Sweden was having problems from their unfiltered, unregulated immigration policy.

He misspoke when he said, "Last night in Sweden..." But he spoke truth about their problems arising from unchecked mass immigration. This is exactly why his policy to temporarily halt immigration from those countries makes perfect sense.
5513 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/28/17
Media have been out to get trump since forever and that hasn't changed with him getting to be president.
Posted 2/28/17
Wasn't there another grenade attack in Malmo a couple days ago too?
15090 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M
Offline
Posted 2/28/17
Honestly, every time Trump opens his mouth its a reporter's nightmare, because he is so damn hard to interpret. He has a real problem with speaking clearly in a way people can understand and as such there are going to be incidents of people misunderstanding him. The media shouldn't really be attacked for that, especially when you admit that Trump misspoke in his original statement. Maybe if he stopped speaking so unintelligibly, people wouldn't have so much trouble understanding him.
runec 
36057 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 2/28/17
TL;DR: We have to do this again because you watched more Youtube videos?
1541 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 2/28/17

sundin13 wrote:

Honestly, every time Trump opens his mouth its a reporter's nightmare, because he is so damn hard to interpret. He has a real problem with speaking clearly in a way people can understand and as such there are going to be incidents of people misunderstanding him. The media shouldn't really be attacked for that, especially when you admit that Trump misspoke in his original statement. Maybe if he stopped speaking so unintelligibly, people wouldn't have so much trouble understanding him.


Doesn't help that his spokespeople actually did make up terrorist attacks by muslims that never happened...
39161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/1/17 , edited 3/1/17
Now that we've cleared up that the mainstream media twisted his words out of context, and pretty much lied, saying that there was no problem in Sweden, we can focus on what the world is finally finding out about Sweden.

1) Sweden allowed well over 100,000 immigrants from the affected areas.

2) Several hundred (at least 300) of those immigrants are members of ISIS.

3) These ISIS members go to Iraq or Syria to fight in the war, and then return to Sweden (it's in the reports. If you watched the videos I linked, you would have seen that).

4) Sweden is trying to figure out how to give these ISIS war veterans, public assistance, and get them to assimilate into Swedish society.

5) There are between 30 - 40, or up to 50 "No Go Zones throughout Sweden, because every time the police, fire department, paramedic units respond to these areas, they are attacked by the immigrants.

5) Sweden has lost control of those zones, they are effectively ISIS territories within Sweden. Those areas are run under Sharia law, now.

6) Sweden has the highest murder rate in all of Europe, and the highest rape crimes rate in all of the world.

7) President Trump's temporary travel ban would have stopped those people from coming to the United States (if he could have had it implemented).

8) We must not do what Sweden, Germany, Belgium, and others did, or we'll end up with their problems, too.
Ejanss 
16823 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/1/17 , edited 3/1/17

DeadlyOatsWhy am I revisiting this story?


...It sounds like you're asking US.


runec wrote:

TL;DR: We have to do this again because you watched more Youtube videos?


But they're his FRIENDS, and they tell him sweet secrets!
39161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/1/17 , edited 3/1/17
Now that we've cleared up that the mainstream media twisted his words out of context, and pretty much lied, saying that there was no problem in Sweden, we can focus on what the world is finally finding out about Sweden.

1) Sweden allowed well over 100,000 immigrants from the affected areas.

2) Several hundred (at least 300) of those immigrants are members of ISIS.

3) These ISIS members go to Iraq or Syria to fight in the war, and then return to Sweden (it's in the reports. If you watched the videos I linked, you would have seen that).

4) Sweden is trying to figure out how to give these ISIS war veterans, public assistance, and get them to assimilate into Swedish society.

5) There are between 30 - 40, or up to 50 "No Go Zones throughout Sweden, because every time the police, fire department, paramedic units respond to these areas, they are attacked by the immigrants.

5) Sweden has lost control of those zones, they are effectively ISIS territories within Sweden. Those areas are run under Sharia law, now.

6) Sweden has the highest murder rate in all of Europe, and the highest rape crimes rate in all of the world.

7) President Trump's temporary travel ban would have stopped those people from coming to the United States (if he could have had it implemented).

8) We must not do what Sweden, Germany, Belgium, and others did, or we'll end up with their problems, too.

I'm not letting you guys get away with just ignoring the substance of my points. Face the facts! Letting those immigrants in without any vetting has put Sweden in the worst possible situation for a country of people who once had the best country on Earth. Now they have the worst murder rates in Europe, and the worst rape rates in all the world.

Some of you wanted the United States to emulate that! We would have gotten what Sweden has now, if we did. The proof is there, in Sweden!
48392 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 3/1/17

DeadlyOats wrote:


I'm not letting you guys get away with just ignoring the substance of my points. Face the facts! Letting those immigrants in without any vetting has put Sweden in the worst possible situation for a country of people who once had the best country on Earth. Now they have the worst murder rates in Europe, and the worst rape rates in all the world.

Some of you wanted the United States to emulate that! We would have gotten what Sweden has now, if we did. The proof is there, in Sweden!


You say facts and as far as I can tell you've posted none. Lets get some actual research behind your "facts" not just youtube videos. Thanks.
36 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/1/17
Who is for immigration and why?
Why do we encourage illegal immigration?
Why do we make illegal immigrants citizens?
Why is there a strong push for open borders in countries?
Why do some follow the idea that our constitution is out of date; what is out of date about it and what do people want to change in it?
Why is there a sudden push to support women's rights, minorities, gays, transgender, muslim's and islam? What brought about this sudden reaction? As if the nation was actively working against them.
Why do we even need transgender bathrooms? Why do we even need to figure out where people can do this activity? Why is it so important?
Why were blacks fighting for the use of the same utilities as everyone else 50 years ago and now they are fighting to have separate 'safe spaces' for only blacks on campuses today?
Why is there a strong push to agree that White people are racists? Why are christian's hated now? Why are white people hated now? Why is there so much fear and so much hatred in the world?
Why do people want to change our economy to communism from a democracy?
Why do people want to surrender their freedoms for security?
Why do some want government intervention and others do not? Some more government aid and others not?
Why is America divided between the Left and the Right? What is this division over?
What are we working towards? What are we working against? What kind of future do we want?
Why are companies pushing hard to support the UN developmental goals? Why is this all I see? Why is there so much money behind the UN and achieving it's goals? What does sustainable development even mean? What is this global cooling, global warming, climate change threat about? Why is the UN government being given so much taxes for this from so many other countries?
Why are there attacks against marriage and a strong push to support a single lifestyle?
Why are people for Israel? Why are people for Palestine? Why is this all centered around Syria? Why are migrants flooding out of the Middle East? Why are christian immigrants not being allowed to immigrate? Why did Justin Trudeau pull Canadian CF-18 jets out of Nineveh (Northern Iraq), the city of Batnaya, a christian territory, and allow them to be killed? Why is Trump blocking immigration from specific countries only considered a block against muslim immigrants? Why are only islamic muslims immigrating from the Middle-East and no christian or other ones?
Why are people against the Police and supporting Criminals? Why are our prisons full of inmates?
Why did our mental facilities used to carry 500,000 mental patients and now only 25,000? Why was the law changed which used to require mental patients not be able to care for themselves to gain admission; but now it requires that they must be proved a harm to themselves or others?
Why are there mass shootings? Why do people want to remove gun rights?
Why does it seem race in the news is only mentioned when white people commit crimes in left news outlets?
Why are people against our political establishment yet supporting it's narrative?
Why are students protesting?
Why are we encouraging hatred and division? Why can't we discuss topics to find solutions like we used too?

39161 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
M
Offline
Posted 3/1/17

rawratl wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:


I'm not letting you guys get away with just ignoring the substance of my points. Face the facts! Letting those immigrants in without any vetting has put Sweden in the worst possible situation for a country of people who once had the best country on Earth. Now they have the worst murder rates in Europe, and the worst rape rates in all the world.

Some of you wanted the United States to emulate that! We would have gotten what Sweden has now, if we did. The proof is there, in Sweden!


You say facts and as far as I can tell you've posted none. Lets get some actual research behind your "facts" not just youtube videos. Thanks.


Just because you don't like the source does not mean that there are no facts in them. Some of these reports are from actual journalists and documentary film crews that recorded actual events that happened, and that showed actual evidence, had had actual comments from actual police, firefighters, and citizens who live and work in Sweden. Some of the other videos are reports made by people WHO LIVE IN SWEDEN and who regularly blog about politics and policies in Sweden. These sources from the horse's mouth.

Hiding your head in the sand, blocking your ears, and saying "NANANANANANANA!" so that you can't hear what is being said, will not make what is presented in these Youtube videos any less valid. Your tactic of trying to make the sources I posted irrelevant, because it's on Youtube, is not going to cut it.

36 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/1/17

rawratl wrote:


DeadlyOats wrote:


I'm not letting you guys get away with just ignoring the substance of my points. Face the facts! Letting those immigrants in without any vetting has put Sweden in the worst possible situation for a country of people who once had the best country on Earth. Now they have the worst murder rates in Europe, and the worst rape rates in all the world.

Some of you wanted the United States to emulate that! We would have gotten what Sweden has now, if we did. The proof is there, in Sweden!


You say facts and as far as I can tell you've posted none. Lets get some actual research behind your "facts" not just youtube videos. Thanks.


What do you think is going on? What kind of information sources do you trust? What would it take to prove a theory in your mind, who from, what from? Be specific.
48392 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
31 / M
Offline
Posted 3/2/17

DeadlyOats wrote:

Just because you don't like the source does not mean that there are no facts in them. Some of these reports are from actual journalists and documentary film crews that recorded actual events that happened, and that showed actual evidence, had had actual comments from actual police, firefighters, and citizens who live and work in Sweden. Some of the other videos are reports made by people WHO LIVE IN SWEDEN and who regularly blog about politics and policies in Sweden. These sources from the horse's mouth.

Hiding your head in the sand, blocking your ears, and saying "NANANANANANANA!" so that you can't hear what is being said, will not make what is presented in these Youtube videos any less valid. Your tactic of trying to make the sources I posted irrelevant, because it's on Youtube, is not going to cut it.



It doesn't matter if some of the YOUTUBE videos you linked are from people in Sweden. The one guy has another video where he says Muslims are the same as Nazis, do you think his opinion is unbiased? You have constantly used only youtube videos as sources and then seem perplexed when people think they are stupid. Why dont you post some more JoeySalads or Alex Jones?

As per the other genius above, it would take credible RESEARCHED news sources. Not youtube videos from "whiteboy rising" and a bunch of other yahoos.
1526 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
24 / M
Offline
Posted 3/2/17 , edited 3/2/17
Just because you can did up someone saying something on the internet doesn't mean it's true. Youtube is a pretty good example of this. I could upload a video going on and on about how Russia clearly hacked the election and Trump shouldn't be in office. That doesn't necessarily mean it would be true.

Some things that would work
- news articles with solid proof and such behind what they say, or at least demonstrate a relative lack of bias. It helps if they're from a relatively neutral group of repute. We wouldn't trust anything from Fox News, anymore then you would trust something from CNN.

- Polls with reasonable results, preferably more then one, without any apparent bias. Of course different polls are going to get you different numbers, but there's usually some degree of consistency unless they're doing something wrong. The best examples of citing I've seen usually depict a range of poll results, often from groups that lean both ways, as well as neutral ones, in order to come up with a decent range of results.

Most of the sources you guys cite are clearly right-leaning, and often obscure. Either one of those things would invite suspicion by themselves. The combination is just going to get laughed at.
First  Prev  1  2  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.