Created by aroll727
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
Post Reply How do you feel about vegans?
218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/12/17 , edited 3/12/17

Ashmash12345 wrote:

Vegans need to get off their high-horse. They are disrespectful to other people for having different lifestyle choices, and they seem to think it's okay to call non-vegans, serial killers.


That's not true at all. People have to find their own way. The problem is that there's far more at stake than 'lifestlye choices.'

And, not to burst your bubble... but you are eating dead animals.

I could link a crap ton of shit here that would make anyone vegan. But I'm sure the ban-hammer would follow.
9736 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
18 / F / London, England
Offline
Posted 3/12/17 , edited 3/12/17

colactix wrote:


Ashmash12345 wrote:

Vegans need to get off their high-horse. They are disrespectful to other people for having different lifestyle choices, and they seem to think it's okay to call non-vegans, serial killers.


That's not true at all. People have to find their own way. The problem is that there's far more at stake than 'lifestlye choices.'

And, not to burst your bubble... but you are eating dead animals.

I could link a crap ton of shit here that would make anyone vegan. But I'm sure the ban-hammer would follow.


OMG, this is what I mean. I say something against Vegans and suddenly I'm responsible for animal deaths. Where does it say in my post that I eat meat? There is such a thing as regular vegetarians...
218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/12/17 , edited 3/12/17


Ashmash12345 wrote:

OMG, this is what I mean. I say something against Vegans and suddenly I'm responsible for animal deaths. Where does it say in my post that I eat meat? There is such a thing as regular vegetarians...


Haha, I was referring to people in general, not you specifically. I don't know you. I can't comment on that.

It's a thing I'm very passionate about. I can envisage such a better world. And sure, that's not going to come around with 'Militant Vegans,' who despise everyone but themselves, just education - letting people know how shit the world currently is, and what people can do to change it. Surely that's not a bad thing...

But who am I? What do I know?

I'm just some random guy... I can't tell people how to live their lives.
192 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / F / USA
Offline
Posted 3/12/17 , edited 3/13/17
well said : )
5019 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / CT, USA
Offline
Posted 3/12/17 , edited 3/13/17
As long as they aren't the ones that are trying to force their lifestyle onto you, then the are okay. There's nothing wrong with being one.
14377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Offline
Posted 3/12/17 , edited 3/13/17
i'm not sure i care whether someone is a vegan or not. i don't think i'd be able to give up meat altogether though.
8324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/12/17 , edited 3/13/17
There are 2 types of vegans: Bandwagon vegans, and true vegans.

Bandwagon vegans go through this superfluous process of reading labels and following marketing trap trends, before announcing to the world how veganese they are. And then proceeding to barf out misinformation about veganism and food labels. These vegans fall into the stupidity of the gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, fat-free, nut-free, sugar-free, butt-free, common sense-free culture. Essentially, bandwagon vegans are not even vegans. They just want to hear themselves "prove" to others that they have some special snowflake diet.

True vegans are typically so via cultural upbringing and/or resource availability. They don't read labels (because plants don't have labels), and keep their shit to themselves, basically because it is so natural to them that they don't think much of it.

I'm totally fine with true vegans, and true vegan dishes taste pretty good to me. The bandwagon vegans are just sheeple to me.
14377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Offline
Posted 3/12/17 , edited 3/13/17

1stladyent wrote:

There are 2 types of vegans: Bandwagon vegans, and true vegans.

Bandwagon vegans go through this superfluous process of reading labels and following marketing trap trends, before announcing to the world how veganese they are. And then proceeding to barf out misinformation about veganism and food labels. These vegans fall into the stupidity of the gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, fat-free, nut-free, sugar-free, butt-free, common sense-free culture. Essentially, bandwagon vegans are not even vegans. They just want to hear themselves "prove" to others that they have some special snowflake diet.

True vegans are typically so via cultural upbringing and/or resource availability. They don't read labels (because plants don't have labels), and keep their shit to themselves, basically because it is so natural to them that they don't think much of it.

I'm totally fine with true vegans, and true vegan dishes taste pretty good to me. The bandwagon vegans are just sheeple to me.


reading labels is a way to try and make an informed decision when buying food. i don't think i ever experienced someone boasting how they made a whatever-free purchase. sugar is known to contribute to several health complications with no known benefit, so trying to get a food that's sugar-free or low on sugar is certainly worth it. reading the labels also gives you an idea of how much sugar or sodium a food may have. not for boasting purposes, but for health reasons.
8324 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/12/17 , edited 3/13/17

namealreadytaken wrote:


1stladyent wrote:

There are 2 types of vegans: Bandwagon vegans, and true vegans.

Bandwagon vegans go through this superfluous process of reading labels and following marketing trap trends, before announcing to the world how veganese they are. And then proceeding to barf out misinformation about veganism and food labels. These vegans fall into the stupidity of the gluten-free, soy-free, dairy-free, fat-free, nut-free, sugar-free, butt-free, common sense-free culture. Essentially, bandwagon vegans are not even vegans. They just want to hear themselves "prove" to others that they have some special snowflake diet.

True vegans are typically so via cultural upbringing and/or resource availability. They don't read labels (because plants don't have labels), and keep their shit to themselves, basically because it is so natural to them that they don't think much of it.

I'm totally fine with true vegans, and true vegan dishes taste pretty good to me. The bandwagon vegans are just sheeple to me.


reading labels is a way to try and make an informed decision when buying food. i don't think i ever experienced someone boasting how they made a whatever-free purchase. sugar is known to contribute to several health complications with no known benefit, so trying to get a food that's sugar-free or low on sugar is certainly worth it. reading the labels also gives you an idea of how much sugar or sodium a food may have. not for boasting purposes, but for health reasons.


REFINED sugar, aka processed sugar. And that is fine, people can read all the labels they want, but that does not make them vegan, vegetarian, or even healthy/healthier.
Posted 3/12/17 , edited 3/13/17
It's their choice. Just, don't shove it down my throat.
14377 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
☆Land of sweets☆
Offline
Posted 3/12/17 , edited 3/13/17

1stladyent wrote:

REFINED sugar, aka processed sugar. And that is fine, people can read all the labels they want, but that does not make them vegan, vegetarian, or even healthy/healthier.


sugar is sugar, whether it's natural or processed.


The science does not support endorsing natural sugars over their added counterparts, since these sugars have similar metabolic effects. The FDA’s efforts would be better directed towards education about the negative metabolic effects of high sugar intake.

source

certainly, reading a label doesn't make you healthier - but it helps you make a healthier choice.
choosing healthier foods with lower sugar / sodium as well as being physically active is a way to try and stay healthy.

edit: before someone jumps and starts saying how fruit is healthy, which it is, the person would have missed the point.
fruit is healthy because of the vitamin and fiber content, not because the natural sugar in it is somehow "better". sugar is sugar.
271 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
26 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17
I have the same stance whether it's about religious people, vegan/vegetarians and others who have a specific stance on their life:

That's cool but you better fuck off if you thought you could "convert" me into your little following. I'm all for having a grown up discussion with anyone about these matters but most people I meet are like "OMG, I cannot believe you eat meat! Don't you know what that does to the Earth?". We have about 10001 more important matters than going on a crusade against people's eating habits. I eat literally anything, as long as it's sustainable. The fact that most meat-processing in the world is unsustainable in the long has nothing to do with me, take it up with the guys in charge.
16375 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17
Sugar has no known benefit?
5047 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Norway, Scandinav...
Offline
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17
More meat for me.
14714 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17
I think they're a meme
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.