First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply I'm having growing issues with society i want to put my opinion out
29093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 5/23/17
So i wanted to post my feelings somewhere
i don't understand why we are forced to live in a society where you can be subjected to a life of pain because someone has different morals to you.


For example i look at how people in my country get sent to prison for looking at stuff like loli characters (you know what im implying) and i honestly feel disgusted in my country and the people here who would ruin someones lives when no one has been hurt just because someone did something against their beliefs that hurts no one it's just against their sense of right and wrong.


I can't understand how these sorts of people spout shit like being good people and humane when they do this.....sometimes i think the world would be better off without those people. I don't know what to do with these feelings i honestly despise society and the people in it morality is just..a waste of time people are being hurt for other peoples dumb opinions it just is pathetic if they can hurt others.....

why can't we hurt them back but those people are protected by "laws" which are mostly shitty and protect no one they just cater to the majority and their beliefs and shut out those who don't agree every day i just feel my hatred for people keeps growing and i don't know what to do with it.


I believe people should be prisoned when they hurt someone or deal harmed not when they do something that harms no one like look at a drawing or do drugs or other harmless things that are illegal for no reason in the world.
It just feels like we are slaves to the world and unless your morals and beliefs align with everyone else your going to have a hard time.


People want to prosecute you for your beliefs or morals or therefore lack of morals.
Personally i break a law in my country that is harmless but illegal due to my country being a nanny country i just don't understand why people have to be put away for someone elses beliefs when they are not hurting others.
503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / England, Norfolk,...
Offline
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17
There is a clear difference between breaking the law and having differing moral compasses, If you could further elaborate on your point that would be helpful
29093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17

ronchester44 wrote:

There is a clear difference between breaking the law and having differing moral compasses


in most cases alot of laws are very stupid for example watching lolicon hentai in my country will get you sent to jail even though it hurts no one and is a victimless crime. (i break this law for example many people goto jail for it and it's disgusting that someones subjective opinion and morals could get someone arrested when they harm no one.

It is only a crime due to the people in charges moral compass.
Same to do with weed and many other crimes that do not hurt other people and are victimless.

It's bullshit and to ruin someones life and force them to follow your moral compass is just inhumane.

Law's are not absolute and alot of them are based 100% around one persons moral views with is disgusting and wrong laws should be built around damage and crimes that have victims.


All in all i hate how laws are run as a song i love goes "Law and order are constructed by madmen completely false. utterly absurd from the beginning to the end" this is indeed the case with alot of laws.
503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / England, Norfolk,...
Offline
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/14/17
Yes, you do propose a valid point. But with the whole 'loli hentai' thing you mentioned that is pretty creepy. I mean, I can understand why your country has laws surrounding 'loli hentai' because that is pretty disgusting. Of course, there is a whole lot more that goes into creating laws (here in England at least), It isn't just capitalistic scumbags who make up all the rules, and if you are arrested you chose to go against those very specific rules (in most circumstances atleast)
29093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 3/13/17

ronchester44 wrote:

Yes, you do propose a valid point. But with the whole 'loli hentai' thing you mentioned that is pretty creepy. I mean, I can understand why your country has laws surrounding 'loli hentai' because that is pretty disgusting


It is creepy to some people and that is HIGHLY understandable but i'm a firm believer of what one does at home that doesn't hurt anyone should be ok.

Alot of people i know would see it as perfectly normal some would see it as gross some just be like meh we are all different as humans and our opinions and views on things are all different i believe we shouldn't force things onto people.

For example if i were to outlaw things i find gross like guro or furry stuff etc i would see myself as an ass even if i find it disturbing.
48560 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
105 / M
Online
Posted 3/13/17
save your money and go to where the laws fit your needs.
29093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17

7142255338 wrote:

save your money and go to where the laws fit your needs.


problem is no such place exists that and most countries lack things they should have like proper universal healthcare etc.
the only thing i can do is try to push for a change in how my country is now or how the world is :/

If it were only that easy.
503 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
16 / M / England, Norfolk,...
Offline
Posted 3/13/17
You should just keep your interests to yourself if you know that they will piss people off
37402 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
32 / M / Bellingham WA, USA
Offline
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17
I'm with you that looking at drawings don't hurt anyone and should probably be perfectly legal.

But the whole moral compass and subjectivity argument really ups the creepiness factor of this thread. It sounds like rationalization that a pedophile would make. Not to say that I believe you're a pedophile. But that just strikes me as something one would say when making an argument for it.
29093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 3/13/17

ronchester44 wrote:

You should just keep your interests to yourself if you know that they will piss people off


Nah i feel people should be allowed to say what they like or voice their opinions.
Why should anyone silence themselves just because of others? living in a world like that would be terrible... i would rather not live in a world where someone cannot speak freely at all times no matter if it annoys others.

That's my opinion words cannot harm people so there is no reason to censor oneself.
2200 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / The margins
Online
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17

Ryulightorb wrote:

Law's are not absolute and alot of them are based 100% around one persons moral views with is disgusting and wrong laws should be built around damage and crimes that have victims.


You don't think that there are ways you can change yourself that cause you to harm others, or society? It doesn't technically hurt anyone if I lounge around my parents' house all day, but if enough people make that choice, we harm society by decreasing its productivity and forcing it to expend resources taking care of us. You mention "lolicon hentai" (I do not know what the proper name for that is, and though I do believe knowledge is important, I don't really care to learn more about this in particular) and marijuana as "victimless", but individual behaviors will always affect a society's sensibilities - and its stability. Can you claim that acceptance of marijuana and lolicon hentai would have no effect on society at large? A "loosening of morals" can be a big deal.

My observation is that a good number of people speed while driving, cheat on homework, download things illegally, and such; these don't have immediate external victims. Should society have no say on them, then?


Ryulightorb wrote:

That's my opinion words cannot harm people so there is no reason to censor oneself.


You should probably think about why this is wrong.
29093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17

Balzack wrote:

I'm with you that looking at drawings don't hurt anyone and should probably be perfectly legal.

But the whole moral compass and subjectivity argument really ups the creepiness factor of this thread. It sounds like rationalization that a pedophile would make. Not to say that I believe you're a pedophile. But that just strikes me as something one would say when making an argument for it.


Makes sense i didn't intend for the thread to be creepy but i disagree with how society views moral compasses as objective like their opinions mean something.

Those kinds of people you mentioned are wrong and can't rationalize anything for one reason .....their beliefs hurt others and that is not ok.


Also your edit well it's not wrong the best way to live life is being blunt imo censoring anything is 99% of the time bad.


""My observation is that a good number of people speed while driving, cheat on homework, download things illegally, and such; these don't have immediate external victims. Should society have no say on them, then?
""

Now those are good questions and i feel like this is where it becomes VERY Grey.
I would argue speeding whilst driving is very likely to harm others.
Cheating on homework imo is something i would say should have minor punishment as it's not so bad.
Downloading things illegally is stealing property and that can be established as hurting someone.
12246 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
94
Offline
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 5/22/17
I don't think you quite understand what you are defending. Educate yourself.
29093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 3/13/17

auroraloose wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

Law's are not absolute and alot of them are based 100% around one persons moral views with is disgusting and wrong laws should be built around damage and crimes that have victims.


You don't think that there are ways you can change yourself that cause you to harm others, or society? It doesn't technically hurt anyone if I lounge around my parents' house all day, but if enough people make that choice, we harm society by decreasing its productivity and forcing it to expend resources taking care of us. You mention "lolicon hentai" (I do not know what the proper name for that is, and though I do believe knowledge is important, I don't really care to learn more about this in particular) and marijuana as "victimless", but individual behaviors will always affect a society's sensibilities - and its stability. Can you claim that acceptance of marijuana and lolicon hentai would have no effect on society at large? A "loosening of morals" can be a big deal.

My observation is that a good number of people speed while driving, cheat on homework, download things illegally, and such; these don't have immediate external victims. Should society have no say on them, then?


No i agree society should have some say in them but not as much as it does right now.
It's like my country we banned guns because of crimes that happen with them...making something illegal to get rid of a potential issue that may rarely arise due to it just isn't the way to go about things in my opinion.

People should be allowed to lounge around to the extent that we are still holding our own.
The acceptance of both would be a good thing for society i truly believe as a society we rely on morals way too much and act as they are objective and stuck in place when this is far from the truth.
29093 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
20 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 3/13/17

bbbbbbbbbb wrote:

I don't think you quite understand what you are defending. Educate yourself.


I do understand how about before you make a baseless claim you educate yourself?
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.