First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
Post Reply I'm having growing issues with society i want to put my opinion out
2410 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / The margins
Offline
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17

Ryulightorb wrote:

No i agree society should have some say in them but not as much as it does right now. [...] People should be allowed to lounge around to the extent that we are still holding our own.


If society has a say in such things - say, by stating people should "[hold] their own" - those are morals you're imposing on them externally, which is exactly what you said is "disgusting." There is no gray area here; you either think imposing external morals is necessary for social stability, or it isn't.
29739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17

auroraloose wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:

No i agree society should have some say in them but not as much as it does right now. [...] People should be allowed to lounge around to the extent that we are still holding our own.


If society has a say in such things - say, by stating people should "[hold] their own" - those are morals you're imposing on them externally, which is exactly what you said is "disgusting."


yes and honestly i still think it is disgusting but it's something you can't avoid for a functioning society no matter how disgusting it is i believe we should however do this only to the extent where it is neccesary.

Alot of the time we go beyond what is neccesary i find and that's where my problem comes from.

As much as i hate it...sometimes if you want society to function you need to compromise to a degree.
20879 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
36 / M / SoFlo
Offline
Posted 3/13/17
People in Australia get sent to a life of pain because they look a loli stuff?

29739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 3/13/17

zangeif123 wrote:

People in Australia get sent to a life of pain because they look a loli stuff?



Yes many people have one of my friends got lucky and the police let him off because he didn't know about the law but many people have been sent to prison for life because they looked at drawings on the internet.

Australia is deserving of the title "Nanny country"
47839 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / F / SC
Offline
Posted 3/13/17
sorry, stop having any sort of interest in what you were saying when i read "why can't we hurt them back"

I will never think hurting others is the way to solve problems.
29739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17

Sogno- wrote:

sorry, stop having any sort of interest in what you were saying when i read "why can't we hurt them back"

I will never think hurting others is the way to solve problems.


a tooth for a tooth is my view on life it doesn't solve problems but those who hurt others on purpose in the first place deserve no sympathy they are vile.
1239 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/13/17
I just did a search and found news stories from both the US and UK where collectors got 6 months or more for owning this stuff. I'm also expecting the cops at the door any minute after I searched the term loli hentai to find those news stories.

.....

Phew! Looks like I'm in the cle
9787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22
Online
Posted 3/13/17
I get what you're saying about how looking at illustrations doesn't directly hurt anyone, but honestly I think lolicon hentai is pretty disgusting. It might not directly harm anyone, but it's probably illegal because it could normalize pedophilia in the eyes of some people and has the potential to lead to harm. I can't say that I agree with you when you say it's harmless.

Also, I am sick of people categorizing doing drugs as a victim-less crime. If you're talking about all drugs in general, is not a victim-less crime. Addicts damage their own lives and the lives of the people around them. If it's something like weed or alcohol that lets most people live normal lives then that's fine, but there is no way that the heavy drugs that turn their users into zombies should be legal.

That all being said, it doesn't really matter if random people on the internet disagree and argue. If you don't like a law in your country, figure out how to change it, gather support, and propose to change the law.
14725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
27 / M / Houma
Offline
Posted 3/13/17

Shipwright wrote:

I get what you're saying about how looking at illustrations doesn't directly hurt anyone, but honestly I think lolicon hentai is pretty disgusting. It might not directly harm anyone, but it's probably illegal because it could normalize pedophilia in the eyes of some people and has the potential to lead to harm. I can't say that I agree with you when you say it's harmless.

Also, I am sick of people categorizing doing drugs as a victim-less crime. If you're talking about all drugs in general, is not a victim-less crime. Addicts damage their own lives and the lives of the people around them. If it's something like weed or alcohol that lets most people live normal lives then that's fine, but there is no way that the heavy drugs that turn their users into zombies should be legal.

That all being said, it doesn't really matter if random people on the internet disagree and argue. If you don't like a law in your country, figure out how to change it, gather support, and propose to change the law.


Just like how video games, movies, and television broadcasts normalize violence right? http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fpsyg.2017.00174/full
9787 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22
Online
Posted 3/13/17

GreatLordBalzak wrote:


Shipwright wrote:

I get what you're saying about how looking at illustrations doesn't directly hurt anyone, but honestly I think lolicon hentai is pretty disgusting. It might not directly harm anyone, but it's probably illegal because it could normalize pedophilia in the eyes of some people and has the potential to lead to harm. I can't say that I agree with you when you say it's harmless.

Also, I am sick of people categorizing doing drugs as a victim-less crime. If you're talking about all drugs in general, is not a victim-less crime. Addicts damage their own lives and the lives of the people around them. If it's something like weed or alcohol that lets most people live normal lives then that's fine, but there is no way that the heavy drugs that turn their users into zombies should be legal.

That all being said, it doesn't really matter if random people on the internet disagree and argue. If you don't like a law in your country, figure out how to change it, gather support, and propose to change the law.


Just like how video games, movies, and television broadcasts normalize violence right? http://journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fpsyg.2017.00174/full


Yeah, I get that fictional people don't equal real people, but I wouldn't put idealized stories about pedophilia on the same level as violent video games at all. Maybe it's just me, but I am more protective of children in general, so I guess that's just my personal moral compass.
29739 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Offline
Posted 3/13/17

Shipwright wrote:

I get what you're saying about how looking at illustrations doesn't directly hurt anyone, but honestly I think lolicon hentai is pretty disgusting. It might not directly harm anyone, but it's probably illegal because it could normalize pedophilia in the eyes of some people and has the potential to lead to harm. I can't say that I agree with you when you say it's harmless.

Also, I am sick of people categorizing doing drugs as a victim-less crime. If you're talking about all drugs in general, is not a victim-less crime. Addicts damage their own lives and the lives of the people around them. If it's something like weed or alcohol that lets most people live normal lives then that's fine, but there is no way that the heavy drugs that turn their users into zombies should be legal.

That all being said, it doesn't really matter if random people on the internet disagree and argue. If you don't like a law in your country, figure out how to change it, gather support, and propose to change the law.


It can't normalize pedophilia honestly as most people who look at it aren't pedophiles nor find children attractive.
Also im talking about drugs that don't cause violence or kill people heavy drugs are a different story.
5556 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
Offline
Posted 3/13/17
I'm with you mostly.
55111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17
I'm having that problem as well.. I was alway in conflicted.. Till I meet this Legendary Outlaw Name Janus Cascade from Wild Arm part 3.

We all have our own code of morals, The world is black and white.. There no such thing as right or wrong.. Winner or loser.

Think about it, if everyone have same code of moral there wouldn't be Wars, Greed, Chaos or Betrayal! There wouldn't be many different type of Flowers.. it'll be all same.

To learn more about this Janus Cacade person look up on Youtube.com website and type in Janus Cascade wild arm 3. You'll see his diaulog. He got way with words.. He can convert honest judge to corrupt judge. That how good he is.
Humms 
11981 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 3/13/17
Um. Let's just say, there is something wrong with looking at child like representations, it's still wrong.

If you actually sit down and search for that kind of thing, first of all, you have a problem, because we all know nobody is looking for head to toe coverage, which is disgusting. Go look for mature representations, by all means; that innocents is long gone, but at least we aren't recognizing it as young children for fuck sakes.

I've never looked for anything of that kind, and if I somehow did, it is out of sight and mind, because it's disgusting.

Just because they aren't hurting anyone doesn't mean its not wrong. You aren't visualizing the correct behavior. When grown men look at child like figures as a obsession/ fantasy ...... the fuck is wrong with you? I'll gladly slap the shit out of those people
55111 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
101 / M
Offline
Posted 3/13/17

Ryulightorb wrote:


Shipwright wrote:

I get what you're saying about how looking at illustrations doesn't directly hurt anyone, but honestly I think lolicon hentai is pretty disgusting. It might not directly harm anyone, but it's probably illegal because it could normalize pedophilia in the eyes of some people and has the potential to lead to harm. I can't say that I agree with you when you say it's harmless.

Also, I am sick of people categorizing doing drugs as a victim-less crime. If you're talking about all drugs in general, is not a victim-less crime. Addicts damage their own lives and the lives of the people around them. If it's something like weed or alcohol that lets most people live normal lives then that's fine, but there is no way that the heavy drugs that turn their users into zombies should be legal.

That all being said, it doesn't really matter if random people on the internet disagree and argue. If you don't like a law in your country, figure out how to change it, gather support, and propose to change the law.


It can't normalize pedophilia honestly as most people who look at it aren't pedophiles nor find children attractive.
Also im talking about drugs that don't cause violence or kill people heavy drugs are a different story.



ok, the pedophile part I agree with you, they're sick fuck! I thought we were talking about the difference between right and wrong general ideas.
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.