First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
I'm having growing issues with society i want to put my opinion out
31188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17

Humms wrote:

Um. Let's just say, there is something wrong with looking at child like representations, it's still wrong.

If you actually sit down and search for that kind of thing, first of all, you have a problem, because we all know nobody is looking for head to toe coverage, which is disgusting. Go look for mature representations, by all means; that innocents is long gone, but at least we aren't recognizing it as young children for fuck sakes.

I've never looked for anything of that kind, and if I somehow did, it is out of sight and mind, because it's disgusting.

Just because they aren't hurting anyone doesn't mean its not wrong. You aren't visualizing the correct behavior. When grown men look at child like figures as a obsession/ fantasy ...... the fuck is wrong with you? I'll gladly slap the shit out of those people


It's your opinion that it's wrong there is no objective wrong being done.
There is nothing wrong with having the fetish i have there is a big difference between fake and reality (people looking at real children like that is disgusting imo)
14725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Houma
Offline
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17

Humms wrote:
You aren't visualizing the correct behavior.


There are many things that I would classify as an incorrect behavior.

I'm certainly not going to thought police visualizing an incorrect behavior... nor will I move to block fictional representations. Freedom of the arts should not be infringed upon until tangible harm or other's rights are infringed upon by it. Such authoritarian laws have very limited benefit to society and bring more oppression than actual reform.

As someone who is fully capable of separating fantasy from reality I will fiercely defend the arts, even if I don't personally share an interest in other's fantasies.


(This kind of shit is akin to the whole class being punished because of a few knuckleheads, enforced by an inept teacher. Call it team-building, I call it stupid.)
Humms 
12919 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
25 / M / CAN, ON
Offline
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17

GreatLordBalzak wrote:


Humms wrote:
You aren't visualizing the correct behavior.


There are many things that I would classify as an incorrect behavior.

I'm certainly not going to thought police visualizing an incorrect behavior... nor will I move to block fictional representations. Freedom of the arts should not be infringed upon until tangible harm or other's rights are infringed upon by it. Such authoritarian laws have very limited benefit to society and bring more oppression than actual reform.

As someone who is fully capable of separating fantasy from reality I will fiercely defend the arts, even if I don't personally share an interest in other's fantasies.


(This kind of shit is akin to the whole class being punished because of a few knuckleheads, enforced by an inept teacher. Call it team-building, I call it stupid.)


I think it's called respect, not freedom of arts.

I think about what comes first for the people, not the individual, and I follow through with my decision only for myself; the one who sets an example. Separating fantasy from reality, ask me how that one pans out in a couple years.
3218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / The margins
Offline
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17

Ryulightorb wrote:


Shipwright wrote:

I get what you're saying about how looking at illustrations doesn't directly hurt anyone, but honestly I think lolicon hentai is pretty disgusting. It might not directly harm anyone, but it's probably illegal because it could normalize pedophilia in the eyes of some people and has the potential to lead to harm. I can't say that I agree with you when you say it's harmless.

Also, I am sick of people categorizing doing drugs as a victim-less crime. If you're talking about all drugs in general, is not a victim-less crime. Addicts damage their own lives and the lives of the people around them. If it's something like weed or alcohol that lets most people live normal lives then that's fine, but there is no way that the heavy drugs that turn their users into zombies should be legal.

That all being said, it doesn't really matter if random people on the internet disagree and argue. If you don't like a law in your country, figure out how to change it, gather support, and propose to change the law.


It can't normalize pedophilia honestly as most people who look at it aren't pedophiles nor find children attractive.


I don't think you are qualified to make that statement.
31188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17

auroraloose wrote:


Ryulightorb wrote:


Shipwright wrote:

I get what you're saying about how looking at illustrations doesn't directly hurt anyone, but honestly I think lolicon hentai is pretty disgusting. It might not directly harm anyone, but it's probably illegal because it could normalize pedophilia in the eyes of some people and has the potential to lead to harm. I can't say that I agree with you when you say it's harmless.

Also, I am sick of people categorizing doing drugs as a victim-less crime. If you're talking about all drugs in general, is not a victim-less crime. Addicts damage their own lives and the lives of the people around them. If it's something like weed or alcohol that lets most people live normal lives then that's fine, but there is no way that the heavy drugs that turn their users into zombies should be legal.

That all being said, it doesn't really matter if random people on the internet disagree and argue. If you don't like a law in your country, figure out how to change it, gather support, and propose to change the law.


It can't normalize pedophilia honestly as most people who look at it aren't pedophiles nor find children attractive.


I don't think you are qualified to make that statement.


Neither are you but it doesn't change the fact that people who look at lolicon hentai are not pedophiles in the first place
14725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Houma
Offline
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17
I actually value the lives of others more and more during my ~20 years of consuming violent media... sooooo yeah, my reality is more in tact than ever.

It's even at the point where I will challenge myself to take the least violent path to victory in games, even in multiplayer games where players will intentionally go out their way to attack you. In the game War of the Roses I pushed the strategic metagame to sneaking and capturing points in rapid succession to achieve victory with minimal combat.

I'm living in a world of happy clouds, trees, bushes, squirrels, and yes, even the gators...
13568 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
50 / M / New England, USA
Offline
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17

Ryulightorb wrote:


Humms wrote:

Um. Let's just say, there is something wrong with looking at child like representations, it's still wrong.

If you actually sit down and search for that kind of thing, first of all, you have a problem, because we all know nobody is looking for head to toe coverage, which is disgusting. Go look for mature representations, by all means; that innocents is long gone, but at least we aren't recognizing it as young children for fuck sakes.

I've never looked for anything of that kind, and if I somehow did, it is out of sight and mind, because it's disgusting.

Just because they aren't hurting anyone doesn't mean its not wrong. You aren't visualizing the correct behavior. When grown men look at child like figures as a obsession/ fantasy ...... the fuck is wrong with you? I'll gladly slap the shit out of those people


It's your opinion that it's wrong there is no objective wrong being done.
There is nothing wrong with having the fetish i have there is a big difference between fake and reality (people looking at real children like that is disgusting imo)


I kind of understand what you'e talking about from a different angle. It all comes back to the issues of censorship of books, music and Dungeons and Dragons we faced in school. It's not the concept that some people see certain fetishes as disgusting, it's more along the lines of Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451, A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess or George Orwell's 1984. It's all about threats and control of thought and fantasy over that "real" crimes. It's just like arresting someone who is a fan of Gory Giallo movies due to the belief that they must be a slasher in the making or arresting a person who writes a sci-fi alternate reality story that their country lost a war for treason. We have people going to jail these days for "thought crimes" while scammers, thieves and abusers walk free in less time. These are bizarre times we live in.
3218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / The margins
Offline
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 5/25/17

Ryulightorb wrote:

Neither are you but it doesn't change the fact that people who look at lolicon hentai are not pedophiles in the first place


You are correct that consuming lolicon hentai does not make one a pedophile, but that does not mean the categories do not overlap. And this has no bearing on the question of whether such materials normalize pedophilia.
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17
This made for some good reading as far as laws go yeah we need them to keep pervs under control..
14725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Houma
Offline
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17
The categories of Pedophiles and those who eat fast food probably overlap too.

Correlation ≠ Causation

Sure there will more than likely be a stronger correlation... but they are more than likely not created by the media.
1888 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
38 / M / Shanghai China
Offline
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17
This is why I only talk about aliens and more so now considering its about to go mainstream this is the closes to mainstream its been in decades.
3218 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
29 / F / The margins
Offline
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17

GreatLordBalzak wrote:

The categories of Pedophiles and those who eat fast food probably overlap too.

Correlation ≠ Causation

Sure there will more than likely be a stronger correlation... but they are more than likely not created by the media.


How do you know this? Again, I don't think you are qualified to make that statement.
31188 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
21 / M / Bundaberg, Queens...
Online
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17

MysteryMiss wrote:

This made for some good reading as far as laws go yeah we need them to keep pervs under control..


Difference is keeping perverts from hurting people is good
Keeping people from doing something harmless that is perverted is bad.

Lets just ban all porn while we are at it
14725 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
28 / M / Houma
Offline
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17

auroraloose wrote:


GreatLordBalzak wrote:

The categories of Pedophiles and those who eat fast food probably overlap too.

Correlation ≠ Causation

Sure there will more than likely be a stronger correlation... but they are more than likely not created by the media.


How do you know this? Again, I don't think you are qualified to make that statement.


Nor am I qualified to make the previous statement... qualifications are mere entitlements and proofs granted by authority. Content should take priority, go and commission a proper study if you want something concrete. (I'd do so myself if I had the money and/or political power. I'm genuinely curious and could concede to an exception to my ideals for as long as it's validity stands the test of time.)

If we are going to apply morals, ideals, and laws to censor and criminalize fiction, let's apply it more broadly. Use the same set of ideals set forth for protecting people to protect fiction. If a human is innocent until proven guilty, then prove this specific media guilty of causation. Prove that this media is the exception that cannot be granted the same protections extended to violent and historic media.
26481 cr points
Send Message: Send PM GB Post
22 / M / In Jail, On Death...
Online
Posted 3/13/17 , edited 3/13/17
As someone who sometimes, more not than often, might engage in the looking of such lewd pictures, I can honestly say I am not attracted to kids. A lot of people are not attracted.

I mean, look at this, LOOK AT THIS.




versus fucking this...




They look nothing alike. Children are disgusting, booger eating, obnoxious monsters and I just do not see how the pureness of Kokoro can be matched by these sad sacks of poop eating flesh you call children.

Damn them. Children shouldn't exist! We should all be born 16!
First  Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  Next  Last
You must be logged in to post.